Post-Game Talk: 5 GM Losing Streak 4 Cane Goals, 3 Jerseys, 2 Staals KO, 1 Goal, 0 Points. heh Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Can everyone just chill the **** out!!!

Eric Staal is a professional hockey player. If he wanted to hit Phaneuf he woukd have. Everyone calling it reckless and dangerous... please it didn't even ****ing hit him!

On the other side of the spectrum it could be looked at as a missed play by Phaneuf... players usually take wristers on empty nets because they want to get the shot off before someone gets in the lane and blocks it. Phaneuf was within 10 ft of him and was gliding closer and yet despite the extra second or two to get in the lane Phaneuf still missed the block.

I'm not saying the above is a detriment on Phaneuf I probably would not have blocked that shot either but my point is that Staal could have easily hit him in a "dangerous, classless, and reckless" play but he didn't.

No harm, no foul.

Clearly Phaneuf does not have too many friends on this team. Sundin was universally liked and so anybody would have went after somebody for that.

I also look at it as the leafs are an insanely soft team. People call JVR a power forward but he's not... he Is just a big body who can screen the goalie. Wendel clark was a power forward. The Leafs need to aqcuire more players like that. Lucic, Stewart, etc.

Durkin67

Can everyone just chill the **** out!!!

Eric Staal is a professional hockey player. If he wanted to hit Phaneuf he woukd have. Everyone calling it reckless and dangerous... please it didn't even ****ing hit him!

On the other side of the spectrum it could be looked at as a missed play by Phaneuf... players usually take wristers on empty nets because they want to get the shot off before someone gets in the lane and blocks it. Phaneuf was within 10 ft of him and was gliding closer and yet despite the extra second or two to get in the lane Phaneuf still missed the block.

I'm not saying the above is a detriment on Phaneuf I probably would not have blocked that shot either but my point is that Staal could have easily hit him in a "dangerous, classless, and reckless" play but he didn't.

No harm, no foul.

Clearly Phaneuf does not have too many friends on this team. Sundin was universally liked and so anybody would have went after somebody for that.

I also look at it as the leafs are an insanely soft team. People call JVR a power forward but he's not... he Is just a big body who can screen the goalie. Wendel clark was a power forward. The Leafs need to aqcuire more players like that. Lucic, Stewart, etc.

Eric Staal on slapshot EN goal vs. #leafs: "I knew it was (Phaneuf). I was either putting it in by him or hitting him with a good one."

Sorry Daisy. Didn't see you had already posted this quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad