GDT: 5/21/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Let me analyze Kuch's play with Master P logic:

5 points in 6 games: Not ok
Eye test: We don't use eye test we just look at PPG

Result: Kuch is not playing well, but if he picked up 2 more secondary assists he would be just fine.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Hustle is possession hockey, which is your gripe. He is no 2 way Point or Palat, but both of those guys combined are not Kuch offensively. Take something for that headache, sounds like from what I am reading it is a self inflicted wound.

So because Kuch is a sniper he’s immune to criticism about him losing battles on the boards, turning the puck over in the neutral zone where he could be dumping the puck, making blind passes, and passing up golden shot opportunities to make cross-ice passes through traffic.

Again, it sounds like because the guy can score goals he’s not held to the same standards “lesser” players are.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This was in response to @OurlordAndSaviorKuch Not sure why my quote failed me.

The entire team has been invisible bar Vasy. Kuch, Stamkos and Hedman need to be miles better than they have been this round. Our 2nd and 4th line being our most threatening is not a recipe for success. I have no clue why Stamkos reverted to passing when he could've shot on an odd man rush in the first last night. I don't know why Kucherov is playing so lazy either.

Forwards need to drop lower in our end on the breakout and make and receive passes like they are pros and not mites at hockey 101. Best players need to pull this off tomorrow or we are setting tee times Thursday.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

The entire team has been invisible bar Vasy. Kuch, Stamkos and Hedman need to be miles better than they have been this round. Our 2nd and 4th line being our most threatening is not a recipe for success. I have no clue why Stamkos reverted to passing when he could've shot on an odd man rush in the first last night. I don't know why Kucherov is playing so lazy either.

Forwards need to drop lower in our end on the breakout and make and receive passes like they are pros and not mites at hockey 101. Best players need to pull this off tomorrow or we are setting tee times Thursday.

It’s not team wide. Our worst offenders right now are Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, and Hedman. McD has looked pretty bad too. Those guys are on a tier of their own compared to anyone else you want to blame. When your core players are making bad decisions and not skating/shooting, it’s a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
It’s not team wide. Our worst offenders right now are Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, and Hedman. McD has looked pretty bad too. Those guys are on a tier of their own compared to anyone else you want to blame. When your core players are making bad decisions and not skating/shooting, it’s a recipe for disaster.
On the other hand, those guys (sans Johnson, including Point) have been responsible for getting us to game 7.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011

So Killorn and Palat aren't on the same tier? Minus one shot for each of them, they've both been a debacle all series. Point has been Jeckyl and Hyde. He's even been negated but at least he hustles. Yanni Gourde was left in Boston as he's nowhere to be found this round. Cirelli is actually a bright spot and he somehow manages to make smart plays when hes out there. Not the greatest finisher but he's a smart player. Miller has been a steaming pile of garbage. McDonagh can't clear a puck out of his end and Stralman has one good game for every bad one. As a whole, the team has been a total nightmare. There are fundamentals nearly every single play is failing hard on this round ad we are getting thumped. Badly. The only reason we are still alive is because Killorn came through once all round. This series without Vasy is over. If we swapped goalies with them, we would've been swept.

You can blame our highest paid guys but it's more than 4 guys playing bad and more than the caps bringing their A game. Face it, we are inferior and getting our shit kicked in This round like we normally do to other teams. This was a heavy Boston styled (of the past) series where we are getting manhandled. A few guys stepped up when needed but without the spine of Vasy, it's a 4 or 5 game series. The sad part if you're a Washington fan is even though you've beaten and battered Tampa, it's a game 7 season on the line situation.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
On the other hand, those guys (sans Johnson, including Point) have been responsible for getting us to game 7.

I’d say our 4th line and our PP have been the main reasons. It just happens that most of those guys mentioned get about 75% of our PP time (not to take anything away from them). But none of them have really been difference makers 5v5, which is where we’re getting murdered. Relying on our PP to win games isn’t how teams win Cups.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011

While it's true, the entire team has underachieved this round individually. No forward stands out when you put all 6 games together. Maybe Point. Vasy has been our MVP this round hands down.

The most frustrating part is we know they are better than this. They might lose and they might be the lesser of the two teams but they are absolutely better than this. They've shown it in flashes but for whatever reason, they don't take control. They weather an attack and just try to survive for stretches of 10-15 minutes or a whole period. I don't get it. It's not like Cooper is rolling lines saying keep it up, keep sucking out there and it's not like the players intentionally want to lose or suck but it sure as heck looks like they want to make it as hard as possible on themselves and personally as a fan, that's frustrating. We aren't THIS inferior to them. We shouldn't even be the lesser of the two teams, but through 6 games, we've managed to play like it.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden

This is ridiculous.

We won the Eastern Conference. We scored most goals of all teams, had the best goal difference. We easily brushed aside Devils, we took out a good Bruins team that we have struggled against with 4-1 and we are now one win from the Stanley Cup final.

Those guys has carried us all year (+ some more), you are aware the parity in the league, that there are a lot of other good teams, such as the Caps?

What do you expect, to win every game with 5-0?

If we go out at this stage, I will be gutted, it will take a long time to come over such a loss but that is the same for any fan of a team in the league.

Had we been knocked out by the Devils it would been a failure but we are still in it, with just three teams remaining.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
So Killorn and Palat aren't on the same tier? Minus one shot for each of them, they've both been a debacle all series. Point has been Jeckyl and Hyde. He's even been negated but at least he hustles. Yanni Gourde was left in Boston as he's nowhere to be found this round. Cirelli is actually a bright spot and he somehow manages to make smart plays when hes out there. Not the greatest finisher but he's a smart player. Miller has been a steaming pile of garbage. McDonagh can't clear a puck out of his end and Stralman has one good game for every bad one. As a whole, the team has been a total nightmare. There are fundamentals nearly every single play is failing hard on this round ad we are getting thumped. Badly. The only reason we are still alive is because Killorn came through once all round. This series without Vasy is over. If we swapped goalies with them, we would've been swept.

You can blame our highest paid guys but it's more than 4 guys playing bad and more than the caps bringing their A game. Face it, we are inferior and getting our **** kicked in This round like we normally do to other teams. This was a heavy Boston styled (of the past) series where we are getting manhandled. A few guys stepped up when needed but without the spine of Vasy, it's a 4 or 5 game series. The sad part if you're a Washington fan is even though you've beaten and battered Tampa, it's a game 7 season on the line situation.

I agree we’ve been manhandled all series and that a lot of guys have gone missing. But I think if you’re going to give the big name core players the respect and praise you do for when they produce, they also deserve more of the blame when they don’t.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
This is ridiculous.

We won the Eastern Conference. We scored most goals of all teams, had the best goal difference. We easily brushed aside Devils, we took out a good Bruins team that we have struggled against with 4-1 and we are now one win from the Stanley Cup final.

Those guys has carried us all year (+ some more), you are aware the parity in the league, that there are a lot of other good teams, such as the Caps?

If we go out at this stage, I will be gutted, it will take a long time to come over such a loss but that is the same for any fan of a team in the league.

Had we been knocked out by the Devils it would been a failure but we are still in it, with just three teams remaining.

I expect a team who a lot of Caps fans and analysts believed had way more talent to not be getting rag dolled the way we are.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Closing the series in 6 would've been perfect but let's remind us that winning a 4th consecutive game, on the road, against a very good team in desperate mode was going to be an uphill task no matter what our expectations were.

We didn't do it obviously but the game was pretty even in terms of scoring chances until Washington's goal. And that's where the crucial part lies IMO, we have to score the first goal tomorrow because we just have no answer to their system when they take the lead.

If the team doesn't give it best effort on a ECF game 7 at home, I won't lose sleep over it because that would have meant we wouldn't have deserved to advance plain & simple. I'm confident the team will respond tho, that's what these guys tend to do when their back is against the wall.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I agree we’ve been manhandled all series and that a lot of guys have gone missing. But I think if you’re going to give the big name core players the respect and praise you do for when they produce, they also deserve more of the blame when they don’t.

I typically do. I almost always post my thoughts for what little it's worth on here of what I think of each game. Our best players have been dire when needed this round. Bad enough Stamkos played the 3 best playoff games in his career to end up being wasted by two awful performances and one win. Granted his damage isn't 5v5 at least be came through on the PP. Kuch has sucked. Hedman looks winded some shifts and other shifts he looks alright. Overall disappointment. Johnson has put forth an effort but kills a lot of offense. He's smothered by their forwards unless they get a cycle going.

Palat and Killorn are right in the mix though. Those 5M cap hits are looking woeful right now. Outside of Killorns winner and Palats game 5 snipe, they've both been pretty ineffective. Palat on the top line last night was an instant turnover. He'd get it only for.91 or 86 to not be there he would throw it away or if he was the one receiving a pass or retrieving the puck, he flubbed it.

There have been so many problems since game 1 against Washington im not sure we have time to fix them. We only have time to play one last (hopefully not) game against them to get it done. Some way some how we have to find a way to beat a team that has handed us our rear on a silver platter in 5 out of 6 games.

If anyone remembers me saying, when you outplay a team period by period and heavily lean on them, you tend to win. Yeah...i hope I'm dead wrong. Cause as lopsided as round 1 and 2 were for us is how it's been for Washington. I liked our odds of winning it all before game 1. Now I'm hoping we win tomorrow just to SEE what happens in the SCF. I'm nervous, anxious and saddened by what could happen if we play Vegas. Could win it but it could also be a dud.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Vasy and Point seem to be the only two that give a shit honestly and it is maddening.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Do people really believe we'll lose to an lowly catiapals? Get an real :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Of coursr we have an right where we want an. An baby with an baba could tell you an that :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If an lowly catipal reads this slap an like so i know who to update on an list of ignore :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Um yes I think we could lose tomorrow

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
This is ridiculous.

I agree for the most part, but I'll continue saying: it's the way we've been knocked out the past three playoffs. We haven't lost a series where we were the better team or it was a toss up. We get eliminated by teams that were decisively better than us.

This is a bit concerning to me.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I agree for the most part, but I'll continue saying: it's the way we've been knocked out the past three playoffs. We haven't lost a series where we were the better team or it was a toss up. We get eliminated by teams that were decisively better than us.

Let us see how it goes tomorrow but I see your point, even if I don't fully agree to it.

SF91

Nov 12, 2015

Consider some key factors in those playoff defeats compared to 2018. Our D lines overall, our center/forwards age/expiernce (young) of most of our current top players-TKO line, Drouin, Vasy, Koekkoek, etc. I personally didn't think Hawks were better, they just got key breaks with the one goal games and Bish injury for game 4 of SCF. Will go to grave thinking we deserved to win in 15'. Penguins better than us in my opinion, though Vasy got thrown to wolves by Bish injury and we were up 3-2 with the game 6 dud. Game 7 tomorrow will write the script for the Caps/Lightning series in the years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad