GDT: 5/21/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
How are we going to respond to the caps physicality in game 7? It really worked for them in 6, so I would guess it’s a big part of their game plan in 7. I’m worried that their heavy game wore us down, but we will see.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Stamkos has one less point than Kucherov this postseason. So please explain how he deserves so much hate and Kucherov is invincible.

And he was totally pedestrian in the entire first round. He scored one big goal in round 2 and decided to show up for once in three games this round. If you're going to move from not even responding to how wrong you are on your expectations of superstars, which Stamkos is - and he doesn't perform every round or hustle, like you want out of Kucherov but seemingly give a pass on Stamkos cause you're logic is beyond you, to suddenly trying to make a case that Stamkos has performed better than or just as well as Kucherov because he has one less point than I have definitely wasted my time as you're trolling.

To even think he's on Kucherovs level in the playoffs is absurd. Absolutely absurd. Gotta be a new fan.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Also, almost all of Stamkos' production has come on the power play. I think he's got something like four points (1G/3A and the goal was an empty netter) in 16 games at 5v5 this postseason. Like, give me a break. That's putrid.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Hmm I want them to have players-only meeting...not saying Coop lost the room but I can't believe the team who once was so united as one not long ago suddenly got broken into pieces, w/ everyone looking at different directions....
things like this, just Yikes!!!

like, we need to talk!!

Last edited:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
When some say Kuch doesn't hustle, you have to remember he is short and small framed. The more he "hustles" the more likely he gets hurt and we dont have this thread to begin with because we are at home ducking our thumb. He is if not #1, top 3 in league in the cerebral game. 100 pts scorer, makes everyone else better (TyJo (who should thank him every day for that contract), the recent Stammer, Miller, Palat, and on and on). Did he get physically dominated last night and made some really un Kucherov type plays- Yes. Do I always hold my breath when that first line is on the ice defensively- Yes. Would we be IN the playoffs without him- Nope.

“The more he hustles the more likely he gets hurt”. This made my brain hurt with how nonsensical that sentence is.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
And he was totally pedestrian in the entire first round. He scored one big goal in round 2 and decided to show up for once in three games this round. If you're going to move from not even responding to how wrong you are on your expectations of superstars, which Stamkos is - and he doesn't perform every round or hustle, like you want out of Kucherov but seemingly give a pass on Stamkos cause you're logic is beyond you, to suddenly trying to make a case that Stamkos has performed better than or just as well as Kucherov because he has one less point than I have definitely wasted my time as you're trolling.

To even think he's on Kucherovs level in the playoffs is absurd. Absolutely absurd. Gotta be a new fan.

Blah blah blah I’m going to give a guy a free pass because he’s our “best player” and has done things in the past, but hold different standards to other players. Yea I get it. You think Kucherov deserves royal treatment just like he does. Keep kissing his ass and see how far that gets you when the going gets tough and he decides it’s not worth his time and effort again.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Blah blah blah I’m going to give a guy a free pass because he’s our “best player” and has done things in the past, but hold different standards to other players. Yea I get it. You think Kucherov deserves royal treatment just like he does. Keep kissing his ass and see how far that gets you when the going gets tough and he decides it’s not worth his time and effort again.

You've embarrassed yourself on all fronts. Totally incapable of responding to anything with substance.

You've just dipped yourself into the Matt Watson bucket.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
You've embarrassed yourself on all fronts. Totally incapable of responding to anything with substance.

You've just dipped yourself into the Matt Watson bucket.

I’ve refused to respond as much as you’ve refused to admit that Kucherov taking games off is completely inexcusable.

Maybe try being a little more concise in your responses and not starting off replies comparing someone on our team to bonafide Hall of Famers and I’ll be more thorough in my retorts next time.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
How are we going to respond to the caps physicality in game 7? It really worked for them in 6, so I would guess it’s a big part of their game plan in 7. I’m worried that their heavy game wore us down, but we will see.
Hit them first. They just caught us off guard and got on a streak of hitting. They haven't been otherworldly in their physicality.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I’ve refused to respond as much as you’ve refused to admit that Kucherov taking games off is completely inexcusable.

Maybe try being a little more concise in your responses and not starting off replies comparing someone on our team to bonafide Hall of Famers and I’ll be more thorough in my retorts next time.

Lol are you new here? Do you see my username? I piss on Stamkos when hes bad and constantly rip him. I do the same for Kucherov. Said earlier he was complete dog shit. Clearly you saw that or you're so inept at reading a forum discussion you should probably log out. I even said he's been bad this series like 6-7 posts ago. Of course he takes games off.

Your entire 2 IQ post of wanting to get rid of him started this. You think guys that have won multiple cups dominated every series? You think guys I listed that haven't won a cup dominate every series? They dont. His effort level is bad this round but that's why you need depth in order to win right now. Go ask Chicago fans how dominant Kane was in the SCF in 2015. Go ask people how dominant Rick Nash is in the playoffs (inb4 your reading comprehension goes, you're comparing Rick Nash to Patrick Kane?). You can literally start from top to bottom in point production from 1 to 100 and you wont find a guy dominating every round. You're totally unrealistic and unreasonable in your assessment of his postseason success. Your recency bias is clogging your brain after a loss.

Couturier on one leg kept his team in a series this year when their other stars failed them. One player doesn't win you a cup. Plain and simple. You need a good majority of the team. We made it to the SCF and ECF with Stamkos sucking and completely out of the postseason. It's depth that wins it for you, not one guy. If you're wanting to get rid of the one dude on pace to shatter every franchise record we have then by all means, go ahead and wish him away and then you can rely on Killorn or Callahan to be the top winger next to Stamkos or Point on the top line. Cause that already worked out right?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Lol are you new here? Do you see my username? I piss on Stamkos when hes bad and constantly rip him. I do the same for Kucherov. Said earlier he was complete dog ****. Clearly you saw that or you're so inept at reading a forum discussion you should probably log out. I even said he's been bad this series like 6-7 posts ago. Of course he takes games off.

Your entire 2 IQ post of wanting to get rid of him started this. You think guys that have won multiple cups dominated every series? You think guys I listed that haven't won a cup dominate every series? They dont. His effort level is bad this round but that's why you need depth in order to win right now. Go ask Chicago fans how dominant Kane was in the SCF in 2015. Go ask people how dominant Rick Nash is in the playoffs (inb4 your reading comprehension goes, you're comparing Rick Nash to Patrick Kane?). You can literally start from top to bottom in point production from 1 to 100 and you wont find a guy dominating every round. You're totally unrealistic and unreasonable in your assessment of his postseason success. Your recency bias is clogging your brain after a loss.

Couturier on one leg kept his team in a series this year when their other stars failed them. One player doesn't win you a cup. Plain and simple. You need a good majority of the team. We made it to the SCF and ECF with Stamkos sucking and completely out of the postseason. It's depth that wins it for you, not one guy. If you're wanting to get rid of the one dude on pace to shatter every franchise record we have then by all means, go ahead and wish him away and then you can rely on Killorn or Callahan to be the top winger next to Stamkos or Point on the top line. Cause that already worked out right?

Me saying I wouldn’t pay him more than 11 mil a year does not mean I want him gone. But apparently people like you think he’s worth McDavid money and can’t stand anyone bashing the savior of this franchise.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Lol are you new here? Do you see my username? I piss on Stamkos when hes bad and constantly rip him. I do the same for Kucherov. Said earlier he was complete dog ****. Clearly you saw that or you're so inept at reading a forum discussion you should probably log out. I even said he's been bad this series like 6-7 posts ago. Of course he takes games off.

Mad you is the best you.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Me saying I wouldn’t pay him more than 11 mil a year does not mean I want him gone. But apparently people like you think he’s worth McDavid money and can’t stand anyone bashing the savior of this franchise.
Bullshit. You said that alluding to just rather letting him go. He took less cause it's Yzerman's way and bought it cause he wants a cup. Other players CURRENTLY playing can't believe he makes that little. He's the best RW in the game right now. He's not worth McDavid money but he's definitely in the 9M range at minimum so if you don't like it, pick another team he's not on like the Wild who pay 20M for a broken down Parise and Suter. Or choose Florida so you can watch budding stars take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in their franchise.
Mad you is the best you.

It's a rarity these days lol. I envision Andrej Sustr on the other end and that's the result.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Bull****. You said that alluding to just rather letting him go. He took less cause it's Yzerman's way and bought it cause he wants a cup. Other players CURRENTLY playing can't believe he makes that little. He's the best RW in the game right now. He's not worth McDavid money but he's definitely in the 9M range at minimum so if you don't like it, pick another team he's not on like the Wild who pay 20M for a broken down Parise and Suter. Or choose Florida so you can watch budding stars take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in their franchise.

It's a rarity these days lol. I envision Andrej Sustr on the other end and that's the result.

I said he’s not worth 11+ mil and people flew off the handle like trying to be cautious with not overpaying a guy who’s shown signs he’s a head-case/prima donna was blasphemous.

But then at the same time you say you’d pay him as little as 9 a year but hey it’s ok because you live on the boards, right?

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I said he’s not worth 11+ mil and people flew off the handle like trying to be cautious with not overpaying a guy who’s shown signs he’s a head-case/prima donna was blasphemous.

But then at the same time you say you’d pay him as little as 9 a year but hey it’s ok because you live on the boards, right?

Taking into consideration what Stamkos is paid;

Kucherov > Stamkos

It's pretty logical unless he does something crazy and takes less, that 9 is probably minimum.

You think he's just gonna resign for 7M because you think he's been bad this postseason? Ha. Keep dodging my other points about players not performing every round. I'm still waiting on your response there. Don't worry, use Google, Bing, etc and see if you can compile something post 2005 (to make it easier on you) of a player dominating series after series.

There's a reason you're not responding with any substance other than jabs and failed humor. You picked a losing fight. It's like arguing any top player in the league, mid 20s, from any era doesn't warrant top dollar when hes the best in his position, best offensive talent on his team, etc. And currently doing it for 4.7M.

Keep going though. I'm not done laughing yet.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
So you would pay him more than 11 mil a year?
Taking into consideration what Stamkos is paid;

Kucherov > Stamkos

It's pretty logical unless he does something crazy and takes less, that 9 is probably minimum.

You think he's just gonna resign for 7M because you think he's been bad this postseason? Ha. Keep dodging my other points about players not performing every round. I'm still waiting on your response there. Don't worry, use Google, Bing, etc and see if you can compile something post 2005 (to make it easier on you) of a player dominating series after series.

There's a reason you're not responding with any substance other than jabs and failed humor. You picked a losing fight. It's like arguing any top player in the league, mid 20s, from any era doesn't warrant top dollar when hes the best in his position, best offensive talent on his team, etc. And currently doing it for 4.7M.

Keep going though. I'm not done laughing yet.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
So you would pay him more than 11 mil a year?

Good God, how did you read all of my posts and come to that conclusion? You really need some help.

No I wouldnt. I'd be content in the 8.75-10M range. Seeing as Stamkos and Hedman are "underpaid" (Stamkos moat nights is well overpaid) I don't think he's going to ask for McDavid money. Here's why:

1. He's not McDavid.
2. Edmonton Oilers from office are idiots, ours is not.
3. Beat players are trying to help Yzerman keep us competitive. I don't think Kucherov will reach for that considering he already signed 3 years at 4.7M

Im sure you'll deduce this to me thinking he's better than Gretzky though. Still waiting on that list fyi.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hit them first. They just caught us off guard and got on a streak of hitting. They haven't been otherworldly in their physicality.

They absolutely blew us up in G6. They dominated us.

The boys need better effort or it will happen again. We lacked urgency. We looked lackidasical at times. Sloppy passes.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Good God, how did you read all of my posts and come to that conclusion? You really need some help.

No I wouldnt. I'd be content in the 8.75-10M range. Seeing as Stamkos and Hedman are "underpaid" (Stamkos moat nights is well overpaid) I don't think he's going to ask for McDavid money. Here's why:

1. He's not McDavid.
2. Edmonton Oilers from office are idiots, ours is not.
3. Beat players are trying to help Yzerman keep us competitive. I don't think Kucherov will reach for that considering he already signed 3 years at 4.7M

Im sure you'll deduce this to me thinking he's better than Gretzky though. Still waiting on that list fyi.

So what are we arguing about then? Because I “alluded” to something by sternly stating an opinion you apparently agree with while simultaneously throwing shade at his questionable work ethic?

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

To be fair Kuch has been pretty invisible this round and we need our superstars to show up big time Wednesday

SF91

Nov 12, 2015
“The more he hustles the more likely he gets hurt”. This made my brain hurt with how nonsensical that sentence is.
Hustle is possession hockey, which is your gripe. He is no 2 way Point or Palat, but both of those guys combined are not Kuch offensively. Take something for that headache, sounds like from what I am reading it is a self inflicted wound.

Reactions: Stammertime91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->