GDT: 5/19/18 - 7:15PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
Some of you I guess weren't paying attention in 04 when we won the cup. That team also sat back and let the other team dictate play until it cost them in game 6 against Philly. Lesson learned. Game 7 they had the full court press up until the buzzer and they won. Are you all going to argue that Tort's told that team to hang back too? It's the players who ultimately dictate the pace, stop blaming Cooper.

That team knew it could win a series any way the opponent wanted to play it, and this team does the same thing. They've seen it all, and they also have the talent and depth needed for any style or series situation.

We saw the Bolts get dominated in Game 1, play better but still handled in Game 2. In Game 3 we were outplayed but figured out how to win. Game 4 was where we started to outplay them, and Game 5 was the first time we started to dominate the Caps. Taken all together, they've been steadily figuring out Washington as the series has gone on and I wouldn't be surprised to see our best game tomorrow night.

Maybe a little Muhammad Ali rope-a-dope this round?

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What I don’t understand is why with 5 minutes to go you aren’t pressing them slightly with your forwards. Just sitting back and letting them make passes in your zone. Dangerous way to play.

It's just kind of the way things go in the NHL in general.

bodi

May 14, 2016
Tampa have won all games in the series at even days (Tue, Thu, Sat) and lost at odd days (Fri, Sun). The next game is on Mon and if necessary on Wed. Are we so doomed? :(

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Tampa have won all games in the series at even days (Tue, Thu, Sat) and lost at odd days (Fri, Sun). The next game is on Mon and if necessary on Wed. Are we so doomed? :(

In 04 the running superstition was win-lose. 13 consecutive games of a win followed by a loss up until game 7 of the SCF

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
In a thread where T REX tips his hat to Cooper, other people blame the coach for sitting back during a lead..

Please tell me, was he on the ice? Even the players know (and admitted post-game) that they aren't supposed to sit back and turtle up with the lead like that. It's obviously not being coached to them in that fashion, so why is it on Cooper if they can't even motivate themselves to play more aggressively? The coach can only do so much to motivate the players; it's on them to forget about the lead and reset the score mentally to 0-0. He can coach them up until his face is blue, but the product on the ice in that situation is solely on the players, imho.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Caps look defeated though. Those were some broken hearts during the game and after it in the interview. Tough pill to swallow knowing you have to win two in a row before the opponent wins one after you had a 2-0 series lead. I think Kevin Weekes was correct. I think Tampa closes this out in their building as their minds are shaken.

Tampa has been in the same position, Callahan mentioned it last night. I think Tampa will take it to them. From their perspective, the thing in the back of their minds and their fans minds is, "here we go again." As much as you try to avoid that mentality or get it out of your head, they are human and susceptible to mind games. Ovechkin was so focused on giving his game 7 guarantee last night he didn't even know if it was game 6 he played or if it was game 5. I hope that wears on them.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I guess they play that song every time after they win?
Yeah they do. It's this song. Fans kept asking the Bolts official account what's this song and they replied the other day

I like this song but thought the lyrics are kind of "Ruh-roh" like?

Also I got Dragon(Though the correct spelling is Long) in my name which makes me like the song even more:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad