BLAfdTd.png

nwVJ9bW.png

s4Poh0J.png

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
LonLon Lei said:
I don't know why some tell Mcd "not to be Heddy" while he may just have been trying to do whatever he can...as if he were Serg trying to be Heddy since he's a rookie? Why don't you tell Serg to be Heddy then to excel even more? Quite a few guys on our team need more respect here IMO...
If you are not expecting any offencive help from this guy you are not getting even half of his value IMHO. I get the frustration w/ his more than a couple of deficiencies at the game but at least during this series we haven't done any better team D (w/ good works done by our forwards)yet.
I just hope we can get back to our game where quite a few guys here said there wasn't a single player who didn't belong to the team soon.

From the Series Talk thread. :)

Actually, I would love Sergy to be more like Heddy not only because he IS a rookie and has much to learn but I believe that Sergachev also has the natural talent to blossom into a Hedman-like top defender. :D But he's still only 19 so I don't expect as much out of him as I do out of McD.

McD is in his prime and has years of being the #1D on the Rangers. So it's not that I don't expect offensive help from him. His 4 points in 5 games vs NJ was great! And I do think he's definitely an important part of this team. I'm very happy that Yzerman got McD and think our blueline is much, much stronger because of it. Even with his occasional bonehead defensive plays/penalties, he's also done some terrific defensive plays too. His presence has also changed around the pairings so it's great to be able to see our third pairing come on the ice and not be filled with fear. :laugh:

I guess I want him to not feel like he has to be "the guy" like Heddy so that he takes stupid risks. I think McD needs to just play HIS brand of two way defending and not try to do everything himself like Heddy does/can. He's got a dependable, supportive partner in Strålman and the two of them have done some terrific work together in the first two series. When they trust each other and are in sync, they are a top shutdown pairing that gave Taylor Hall and the Bergeron/Pasternak/Marchand line fits and can occasionally bring some offense.

Here's hoping today's game brings some nice solid TEAM defense! :D

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Let's GO BOLTS! Carry the momentum and get them win tonight in front of the home crowd. I called it all along BOLTS in 6!

Reactions: Maelmoor

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Huge game! Feeling really nervous but I hope they can get it done tonight and put the pressure on Caps, would be great for our fans at the arena to enjoy a win as well!

Reactions: CupsOverCash

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Stay out of the penalty box and stay in front of Caps 3 big scorers, Ovechkin, Kunestov and Oshie on defense. Come on D, now is your time to shine and shut them down.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Need to take the initiative in this one and somehow get the refs not to call three penalties in a row on us.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Hope you have lots of beer on hand boys.

I smell 2 or 3 O/T....

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I get the feeling it's not going to be close. Either we're getting blown out or we're blowing them out. Of course now that I've said that it will be 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad