GDT: 5/17/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also, worth mentioning...

Miller was hot garbage tonight. Our worst player.

It felt like he and McDonagh were in a horse race tonight. Now granted, McDonagh made a few key tips on passes so I won't bust the guy too hard. But at one point somewhere around the 3rd time he had the puck on his stick and failed to clear I was openly frustrated. I hope he gets better soon. Game 5 is gonna be hell

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Also, worth mentioning...

Miller was hot garbage tonight. Our worst player.
We knew his career playoff stats were bad coming into this but it's strange to see him lose his effectiveness along the boards and not use his big body, things that were on full display with 91 & 86 to end the season. We desperately need some guys outside of our 4th line to lay some muscle against the Caps, and Miller's a guy who can make contributions here. Guys who can't find roles to play are useless.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This doesn't seem ideal.

Meh it is what it is there. People get so hung up on numbers that they forget we were playing an Eastern Conference powerhouse playing in its 3rd ECF in 4 years with the NYR and then the inevitable 2 time champions. I would rather enjoy to see what our record is in games at home where we can clinch and what the goal differential is there. We did it twice against Detroit on our 1st opportunity, against the Islanders at the 1st opportunity, did it against Montreal in our 2nd opportunity at home and twice this year against the Devils and Bruins on our 1st opportunity. The other series we merely made history clinching game 7 on the road at MSG. No big deal

In the end I would rather see us lose a game here and there late in the playoffs at home than knowing our goose is cooked on the road. If history has taught us anything it's that when we can close it off at home we get the chance

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Miller's been getting worse as the playoffs have progressed. I'd still take him 10/10 times over Vlad in a playoff game, but he's playing softer and softer as the competition heats up.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Always nice to see the guys happy after a win.

That 4th line was on more than I would have liked to have seen but they did well. I've been impressed with how well Paquette and Callahan have done throughout the entire series, and in general, this postseason. Sure they make a mistake every now and then or don't provide too much offense but hot damn Callahan and Paquette on the defensive side of the game have done a fine job. Truly invaluable at times the effort Callahan goes to for shot blocking. Paquette as well.

Kunitz I have mixed feelings on, he's not a liability most of the times but he's a tire fire every few shifts in his own end when he fails on clearing attempts. Provides no offense but I feel like he tries too hard at getting cute in our end and it backfires. Sometimes he's money and then times like tonight, he just hems us in from losing board battles.

Miller has sucked this round. Hard. McDonagh also had some frustrating moments but he did manage to make a few key plays. Danny G I thought played well. Slow, but sound positioning.

I really thought this series was gonna be over in 4 or 5 with the way we played the first two and tonight wasn't much different bar Khabilevskiy stealing the nation's capital, but if we can actually look like we did against Boston in two out of the possible next three games, we can do this. I just wish these guys would perform the way we know they can.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Always nice to see the guys happy after a win.

That 4th line was on more than I would have liked to have seen but they did well. I've been impressed with how well Paquette and Callahan have done throughout the entire series, and in general, this postseason. Sure they make a mistake every now and then or don't provide too much offense but hot damn Callahan and Paquette on the defensive side of the game have done a fine job. Truly invaluable at times the effort Callahan goes to for shot blocking. Paquette as well.

Kunitz I have mixed feelings on, he's not a liability most of the times but he's a tire fire every few shifts in his own end when he fails on clearing attempts. Provides no offense but I feel like he tries too hard at getting cute in our end and it backfires. Sometimes he's money and then times like tonight, he just hems us in from losing board battles.

Miller has sucked this round. Hard. McDonagh also had some frustrating moments but he did manage to make a few key plays. Danny G I thought played well. Slow, but sound positioning.

I really thought this series was gonna be over in 4 or 5 with the way we played the first two and tonight wasn't much different bar Khabilevskiy stealing the nation's capital, but if we can actually look like we did against Boston in two out of the possible next three games, we can do this. I just wish these guys would perform the way we know they can.
want Heddy to cool off hid head, too. He doesn't need to do an extra stuff to be a great D. He said he'll never act stupid like that after the spear, but now he forgot.
Want us to give zero PP for Caps next game. They were building momentum by getting consecutive PP this game!

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Ha ha numberwise it's pretty similar!
game 3 : 4-2 23-38 2/5-0/3
game 4 : 4-2 20-38 1/2-0/4

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kunitz looks like he does not give a shit some shifts, turns it over, skates casually, defends half assed with his stick out then goes for a change. His linemates are shining much more then he is. He does nothing on the ice that shows he's a 4time cup winner, Callahan looks way better in that regard. Saying this he'll probably score a clutch goal for us soon, but even after scoring game 7 OT last year for the pens they still didn't want him back after his garbage season.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
hgK50w4FfbjqNxFUUzzN7OLDnS83NPIpX8r8R5JKH3I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->