GDT: 5/15/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Doesn't mean they won't get switched around.

Sooo, we got stomped and are not expected to be able to come back because the odds are against us. Does this make US the scrappy underdogs now?? :D

We're definitely the underdogs now. But for good reason.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
That's the conference final though. In the playoffs overall, it's not quite so daunting.

Still daunting, mind you. Especially when you consider how dominated we've been.

Not being a smart ass but it is the ECFs. Why is that important? Because this isn't some 1st or 2nd round opponent. There's a reason why that record is what it is...we are playing a damn great team.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
And they should watch the way JAM shoots the puck every chance he gets. Do that.
It's all of them. Every player on that team is in "go" mode all the time. And no team pressures the puck for 60 minutes as relentlessly as they do. I despise them but they are incredible to watch. It's an amazing story.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Same lineup lmao why? Why not give the Caps a different plan to defend or think twice of defending.

Not going into this one with any expectations of a win so if we do, I will be surprised and be happy as a happy meal with extra fries outside the small pouch.

bigflip187

Apr 25, 2016
Home ice advantage is so worthless in hockey. Game 2 is a must win for the home team if they lose game 1??? Esspecially since game 1 is always a toss up.

Home ice in hockey is more important than it is in baseball, basketball, or soccer. You get the matchups you want b4 each faceoff and you know more about your rink such as if the ice is a bit more or less choppy than other arenas and how well the puck bounces off the boards.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Time to get down to business, knock the Caps around for sixty, and remind them whose conference this is. They've gotten all the mercy they're going to get. Showtime. Go Bolts!

Reactions: LonLon Lei

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I love this article. The way Stralman, McD, and Coburn have been playing the guys at PHT have a point:

Lightning should take training wheels off Sergachev

Good article! Sergachev actually got more minutes in Game 1 (16:57) than he'd been averaging in the previous rounds partly because Strålman was out for 9:02 minutes. Sergy got even more minutes in Game 2 (18:10) again partly due to Cooper having the probably injured Strålman play only 18:24 instead of his usual 22+.

I think I agree that Sergachev can handle a bit more minutes and a bit less sheltering now.

Reactions: DaBolts

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Home ice in hockey is more important than it is in baseball, basketball, or soccer. You get the matchups you want b4 each faceoff and you know more about your rink such as if the ice is a bit more or less choppy than other arenas and how well the puck bounces off the boards.
No, it's not.
In soccer home field is more more and more important than in hockey.
For example because in Champions League, the goals scored away are very important in a 2 leg game qualifications...
For example because, thanks to the rivalries, there're stadium where it's vey dangerous to play.
Ask a River fan what does he think to play at Bombonera?
Ask an italian fan what does he think to play at Juventus Stadium...?
Or at Bernabeu, Nou Camp, Old Trafford, Alfield Road and so on...

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
The best pure goal scorer of our generation (some analytics types would argue that Ovechkin is the best ever) is on a mission and feeling confident. That's a bad combination for us.

But it sure as shit doesn't mean we can't win this game or this series. Yeah, our PK sucks and we're not sure what we've got in Cooper but we have some world class talent of our own and a lot of it, so now we're gonna find out what kind of guts this team has. Home ice, away ice, it doesn't mean shit, it comes down to how bad we want it and what we're willing to do to get it.

Oh, and Vasy needs to have the game of his life.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We faced worse odds against the Hawks with a Lightning team that was not as good as this one. We've got champion DNA in this club. Who you really are shows when the pressure is greatest and the idea of what we really are excites me to no end. I felt really lousy about the other games but not this one. We have nothing else to lose now. It's a completely different mentality for us and the Capitals right now. It's about to storm outside my house. I take it as a generous omen.

We got this. It'll only happen if we the fans believe in it as much as the players on the ice

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I got an idea, SHOW UP!
giphy.gif

Reactions: berlin and DaBolts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad