Pre-Game Talk: 4th Annual CFHF Draft Party [Fri. June 22 - Schanks South]

Which Schanks location?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I need to point out that it is a Nightclub/Frozen Yogurt bar. We are serving a niche market of young, urban 20-something’s who live in new condo developments with no money and expensive tastes. We are also eco and dog friendly.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I’m thinking about doing something really stupid but also potentially really awesome. 22nd is the first day of my summer holiday

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’m thinking about doing something really stupid but also potentially really awesome. 22nd is the first day of my summer holiday
If it's fly to Calgary for the draft party, I say book a couple days off prior and it will be awesome :laugh:

plus if you make that trip, it will make guys like @Anglesmith look bad for not coming out from Victoria or @Ferkland not coming from Ontario :naughty:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If it's fly to Calgary for the draft party, I say book a couple days off prior and it will be awesome :laugh:

plus if you make that trip, it will make guys like @Anglesmith look bad for not coming out from Victoria or @Ferkland not coming from Ontario :naughty:

Good guess :)
I was planning to make that trip later this year, but I wont have any holidays left.

I just need to do some budgeting for a week long visit to see if its possible

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Good guess :)
I was planning to make that trip later this year, but I wont have any holidays left.

I just need to do some budgeting for a week long visit to see if its possible

orig

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flights seem reasonable. I just need to get my passport before I book them. 9 day trip probably :)
Suggestions for hotels are welcome, I've look at some prices at Trivago, but I don't know which part of the city is best. Somewher close to city center anyway?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flights seem reasonable. I just need to get my passport before I book them. 9 day trip probably :)
Suggestions for hotels are welcome, I've look at some prices at Trivago, but I don't know which part of the city is best. Somewher close to city center anyway?
It's not really near much but I will be staying at the Coast Plaza Hotel for 4 nights. As for more accessible locations, the area known as motel village is a good location if you take the train (I've stayed at the Hampton Inn there many times and it's good and has a hot breakfast included)

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
It's not really near much but I will be staying at the Coast Plaza Hotel for 4 nights. As for more accessible locations, the area known as motel village is a good location if you take the train (I've stayed at the Hampton Inn there many times and it's good and has a hot breakfast included)

Thanks. How the public transportation in general? I mean moving around the city center, let's say 2-5-10km distances (instead of walking) if I go sightseeing or just wondering around? I know in Helsinki you can buy all-access bus/tram/metro card for weekend for something like 20€, is there anything similar?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks. How the public transportation in general? I mean moving around the city center, let's say 2-5-10km distances (instead of walking) if I go sightseeing or just wondering around? I know in Helsinki you can buy all-access bus/tram/metro card for weekend for something like 20€, is there anything similar?
They have daily passes for $10.50, as for how good it is, I'm not sure I'm one to speak on it, my city has garbage public transit so in comparison Calgary is a dream

Reactions: Kahvi

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Were also working on a Backlund flavour for this month.
So like salted caramel?

Wait, no. That’d be Kylington.

@Kahvi you’ll likely need a car. Calgary is big and spread out and many things are well off the light rail transit.

Parking downtown is pricey. I’d recommend looking at hotels outside of downtown as a result. You can see downtown by taking the train in.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad