$45-million salary cap agreed on, Saturday NHL will uncancel season- THN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mountain Dude said:
45 million? What a ****ing joke. :shakehead
Let's see. Last year payrolls were inching into the 70M range. Next year if this is true, they will top out at 45M. You may think it is a joke, but I doubt the NHLPA is laughing.

Robert Paulson*

Lorenzo1000 said:
Yep Shane Doan, scores the World Cup winning goal and now helps to save the season.

:bow: Super Shane :bow:
I'm guessing Gretzky had a talk with him at some point, telling him to stand up.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
speeds said:
Any word on no-touch icing?

The no touch icing I could have confused w/the touch up offsides. I'm almost sure it was touch up offsides, but I could be wrong or it could be both! There was a fairly involved interview on local Comcast Sportsnet.

NewBreed19

Lorenzo1000 said:
Yep Shane Doan, scores the World Cup winning goal and now helps to save the season.

:bow: Super Shane :bow:
Yep! He's a coyote that will be scoring on all your favorite goalies. It's coming a 100mph slap shot to win the cup!!
:yo:

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
will people please thank mario and not just gretzky, but i never was a big gretz fan, now i am, and being a huge mario fan he just is that much better now, but this is a good deal for both sides, and yes kovy to pittsburgh would be great

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I think God had it planned so this happened on my birthday. This beats all the other presents that I got by a mile (and I got some good presents)

Thanks God :bow:

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Mark Fischel said:
Not to rain on any parades, but there is so much that needs to be negotiated besides the salarycap issue.

A CBA is a major piece of legal documentation that breaks down EVERY single issue that can come up, and sme of the stuff is excruciatingly detailed and boring. (I know, I read the last CBA and have a copy of it in my desk somewhere)

Lawyers will be combing over single line to make sure verbage is done correctly. Every little financial point has to be argued over, from per diem to how much and how long a team will have to pay a players mortgage if they trade him.

And let's not even get into the free agncy rules that the NHLPA will want relaxed now since they conceded. owners probably are not going to go lower on the UFA and RFA rules. What about arbitration rights, rookie salary caps, trainign camp agreements, travel negotiations, etc etc etc.

If there is an agreement to a salary cap, that is only one of the big issues, and if that it out of thw way, and the NHLPA agrees to whatever the owners want in the CBA, than we might have a meaningful season, but if there is any debate over the little issues (which are now the big issues), a CBA will take some time to work on.

And what about recalling all the players from all across the globe, setting up ice times, making a schedule, booking the dates in the arenas, rehiring all the laid-off staff, and getting the training camps up and rolling.

Will it be soon enough to have a meaningful season that isnt a complete charade?

True, but if earlier reports were also true, most of this has been agreed upon in the earlier discussions.

MartinSt

Apr 18, 2004
Carl O'Steen said:
I just wet myself.

I love WAYNE AND MARIO!

Once again, the Canadian's save the game.

Agreed. MY FEELINGS EXACTLY :yo: :yo: :yo:

Good Canadian Boys Get it Done

Don't forget Stevie Y, He hinted about this Thursday AM

Give Modano, JR & Eche their props, they played some Junior up here, they know what its all about

ResidentAlien*

Someone pinch me!!!!!! NO F'n way...what a great weekend this will be if it happens tomorrow..wow...
Im going to Cancun next Friday for a week, I could come back to HNIC..yeah baby :handclap:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
RMU2 said:
will people please thank mario and not just gretzky, but i never was a big gretz fan, now i am, and being a huge mario fan he just is that much better now, but this is a good deal for both sides, and yes kovy to pittsburgh would be great
There are quite a few names to mention...Linden,Roenick,Iggy,Doan,#99,#66, the list goes on, but it won't include McCabe(i'll sit out the rest of my life) Once they pushed Bob away from the wheel they were able to keep the bus from going off the cliff!!!

Vic Rattlehead*

Yes, a season! (hopefully)

*stops, blinks*

*realizes that the Bruins have major holes to fill*

Figaro95*

STOP IT Guys....wait till tommorw I want the NHL so bad, but until its officaly annoucned just calm down. don't count ur chickens before they hatch...lol

X0ssbar

This is such unbelievable good news...the Great One continues to shine even with his blades off...way to go Wayne!

So should I order my Center Ice package now?

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
hockeyman said:
STOP IT Guys....wait till tommorw I want the NHL so bad, but until its officaly annoucned just calm down. don't count ur chickens before they hatch...lol
What a party pooper :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad