$45-million salary cap agreed on, Saturday NHL will uncancel season- THN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
http://www.thn.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=27358&cat=954945254360

A player close to the talks who asked to remain anonymous told The Hockey News the two sides have agreed to a deal in principle that features a $45-million salary cap. Asked if there was any way a deal won't get done, the player said,"not that I can see. I couldn't possibly imagine the idea that somebody is going to try to make a name for themselves in the last minute here."

Finally.....

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
They'll probably uncancel it, only so they can cancel it again and laugh. I'm not going to believe this until I see Bettman and Goodenow hugging.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Rhett4 said:
They'll probably uncancel it, only so they can cancel it again and laugh. I'm not going to believe this until I see Bettman and Goodenow hugging.
Right.

My fragile self remains extremely skepticle.

Robert Paulson*

Cue the first time I've gotten bone cold chills in my body since I can remember.

Firefly

Mar 9, 2004
Mohawk Valley
Rhett4 said:

I'm with you on that. It's been "so close" or "almost done" how many times now?? All this has made me terribly pessimistic.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
HabsFanFromPEI said:
i cant believe this until i see it on tsn

At this point, I need more than that. I want a video montage that starts with Goodenow and Bettman laying in bed together and ends with them frolicking through a field of daises while holding hands and smiling.

NewBreed19

I feel great! This is the best news that could happen to the NHL.Lets rock the rinks and try not to boo the players when they hit the ice. They are trying hard to prove us all wrong that players really care about the good of the game. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->