45 Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Talking Walter

Aug 21, 2003
in the weeds
Visit site
NHL says it's 45 days that the arenas can book events for right?

So lets say an agreement os reached on day X. Does that mean we have to wait until day X+45 to see hockey? Or can they start say 2 weeks after day X and just work a schedule around the days the arena is already booked? I would think (and hope) the latter.

Anyone know how booked thier arenas are?
I live in Calgary and there seems to be very little happening at the Saddledome.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
It would be 45 days after the agreement date.

Teams have to have training camps and things too.

Crows*

oil jack said:
NHL says it's 45 days that the arenas can book events for right?

So lets say an agreement os reached on day X. Does that mean we have to wait until day X+45 to see hockey? Or can they start say 2 weeks after day X and just work a schedule around the days the arena is already booked? I would think (and hope) the latter.

Anyone know how booked thier arenas are?
I live in Calgary and there seems to be very little happening at the Saddledome.
Alot of the arenas have virtually nothing going on im them.

NBA areans aside. BUT>. the NHL sched is already out and the NBA is obviously under way, so that doesn't effect that.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
dem said:
It would be 45 days after the agreement date.

Teams have to have training camps and things too.

Wrong... if an agreement is reached on January 1, teams will begin playing with 21 days (possibly less).

No way do they wait 45 days (February 15th or so).

The 45 days thing seems to be from the NHL directive. For example, on November 1, the NHL might have told the arenas to book 45 days worth of dates (bringing them to around mid-December).

If the season starts after mid-January, there's no point (and both sides have already confirmed if it didn't start around that time, there won't be a season).

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Schlep Rock said:
Wrong... if an agreement is reached on January 1, teams will begin playing with 21 days (possibly less).

No way do they wait 45 days (February 15th or so).

The 45 days thing seems to be from the NHL directive. For example, on November 1, the NHL might have told the arenas to book 45 days worth of dates (bringing them to around mid-December).

If the season starts after mid-January, there's no point (and both sides have already confirmed if it didn't start around that time, there won't be a season).

Im almost positive theyre cancelling games 45 days in advance to free up the arenas.

Oiler_Fan

Oct 2, 2002
Visit site
dem said:
Im almost positive theyre cancelling games 45 days in advance to free up the arenas.

Pretty sure the directive has been that teams can free up their arenas on a 45 day sliding window for dates that were in the hockey schedule.

That would change as soon as any serious negotiations started, and I doubt very much that would be a limiting factor on starting the season, though I have no facts to back that up. Some teams with busy stadiums might have to play a lot of road games up front and it might be messy in the bigger markets in the East, but I bet they could start a season 30 days from today if they really wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad