This is what I want to happen...

Gold- Sweden
Silver - Finland
Bronze - Doesn't matter, both teams are great

This is what I think will happen..

Gold - Russia
Silver - Sweden
Bronze - A toss-up

As the predictions in this thread has indicated. There aren't any big margins between these teams so it could be any two teams in the final. The only thing that would be a shocker to me is if Russia ends up without a medal.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
What I hope for.....
Gold: Russia
Silver: Sweden
Bronze: Finland
4th: Czech

What I think is going to happen......

Gold Finland
Silver Czech
Bronze Russia
4th Sweden

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Hackett said:
Gold: Russia - Their strength coming into the tourney was their incredible offensive skill. Well, combine that with unbeliveable goaltending and you have the re-emergance of the big red machine. Congrats to Russia beating Canada BTW, what a dazzling display of hockey that was by the Russians.

Silver: Czech Republic - This team seems to turn it on like a light switch. When this team is on its game, which they are right now, they are capable of matching up well against anyone. But can Hnlicka outduel Nabokov? This is where I give the edge to the Russians

Bronze: Finland - Its always a treat to see the forever rivals Sweden and Finland hook up and that's what I think is gonna end up happening. Nitymakki has looked shaky at times but he gets the job done without letting too much damage get done. Lundqvist has been up and down. I think the prevailing factor in this game will be the the tenacious checking of the fins and their incredible execution of their gameplan. Jokinen is heating up and that will provide some secondary scoring for the Lehtinen-Koivu-Selanne line which has arguably been the best line in the tournament.

In what sense??? Did you see his stats?

:dunno:

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
There is no point for posters of Russia, Finland, Sweden, or Czech Republic to post in this thread. Let's face it, we are all homers and will pick our own teams.

All 4 teams are good enough to win gold. It will be the luck of the draw as to who gets it.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
finska said:

I guess he meant Nitty's bad rebound control, which indeed makes him look a bit shaky at times. But anyways, Nitty's been solid, with bad rebound control or not.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
blacklabel said:
I guess he meant Nitty's bad rebound control, which indeed makes him look a bit shaky at times. But anyways, Nitty's been solid, with bad rebound control or not.

Give him some more time, he is still learning. But even the best goalies sometimes have bad rebounds. This guy has been standing on his head and is IMO very confident and relaxed between the pipes. At least one of the US goals was deflected off a player, and I believe the 3rd one was off a finnish player. How can he be faulted for those?

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
finska said:
Give him some more time, he is still learning. But even the best goalies sometimes have bad rebounds. This guy has been standing on his head and is IMO very confident and relaxed between the pipes. At least one of the US goals was deflected off a player, and I believe the 3rd one was off a finnish player. How can he be faulted for those?
I agree, I think people are overreacting about his bad rebounds and he has been one of the reasons we've managed to go this far in this tournament. His calmness and acrobatic style reminds me so much of Kipper and you can see that they've been taught by the same goalie coach back in Finland. I have a full confidence with him in net.

blamebettman*

Gold - Sovetski Soyuz ;)
Silver - ABBA
Bronze - Tikkanese speakers

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
The Czechs gave a sixty minute effort against the Slovaks. And, even if that's because of a traditional rivalry, it would appear that the team has finally woken. I would count on a strong performance against Sweden (4-3), followed by an equally narrow victory over the Finns (3-2) in the Finals.

I expect the systematic Finns to shut down much of the seemingly omnipotent Russian offense tomorrow by a score of 4-2. For bronze, I expect the Russians to defeat the Swedes again, though this time by a much closer margin in a 4-3 victory.

blamebettman*

finska said:
I never did fully understand what language he was speaking.. :D

The only thing I caught from his interviews was "puck in the net".

sample of tikkanese

me put menninkäinen into netto-aikamoinen scorealleviivata!

i've never seen somebody butcher and mangle two languages like that. Man do I miss him.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
blamebettman said:
sample of tikkanese

me put menninkäinen into netto-aikamoinen scorealleviivata!

i've never seen somebody butcher and mangle two languages like that. Man do I miss him.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Wow. Memories. One of my favorite all-time Rangers. And the guy was such a trash-talker!

Big Mama*

The Team that posts shutouts will win. Or the team that has their defenceman jump into the rush to open up the offence will win.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
finska said:

Obviously, his stats are great.

I haven't liked his rebound control lately. He just looks a little shaky recently and they just barely got by the US.

If you went on to read my quote, I said that antero has looked a little shaky BUT the damage has been controlled so far.

You have to look a little deeper than just stats. Roman Cechmanek was an incredible goaltender for the flyers if you go solely by the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad