McLeod - Watson - Salomaki

Ekholm - Girard
Emelin - Subban
Irwin - Weber

Rinne
(1-1; 4.16; .869)

*Lines From LeftWingLock*​
Season Series

• This is the first of four meetings between the Stars and Predators this season.
  • The Stars were 2-3-0 (4 points) against Nashville last season.
  • The Predators were 3-2-0 (6 points) vs. Dallas last season.
Statistical Tidbits

• Stars coach Ken Hitchcock (782 wins) will move into third all-time on the NHL coaching wins list with the Stars' next victory. He is currently tied with Al Arbour.
  • The Stars are 3-11 (27.3 percent) on the power play through three games.
  • The Predators are 5-16 (31.3 percent) on the power play through three games.
  • The Stars are 12-14 (85.7 percent) on the penalty kill.
  • The Predators are 12-15 (80.0 percent) on the penalty kill.
  • The Stars are averaging 39.7 shots per game.
  • The Predators are allowing 32.0 shots per game.
  • Defenseman John Klingberg leads the Stars in scoring with four points (two goals, two assists).
  • Forward Filip Forsberg (three goals, one assist) and defensemen P.K. Subban (four assists) lead the Predators in scoring with four points.
  • Stars goaltender Ben Bishop has stopped 42 of 44 shots (.955 save percentage) in his first two games.
https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/preview-dallas-stars-look-to-keep-momentum-rolling-at-nashville-predators/c-291828896

751f6cb9852a0e77313d2412ae32f20c--dallas-cowboys-blame.jpg
4052923.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BrettHullsToe

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Outside fan here, I watched you guys play Vegas and saw Bishop go down. He appears to be in the starting line up but what was the injury? Is he alright?

And good luck against the Predators! Love a lot of the players on your team. Hope you make the playoffs after a down year last season.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Outside fan here, I watched you guys play Vegas and saw Bishop go down. He appears to be in the starting line up but what was the injury? Is he alright?

And good luck against the Predators! Love a lot of the players on your team. Hope you make the playoffs after a down year last season.

Hey, Thanks! This year has to be better than last season.....hopefully lol

Yeah, he took a shot to the mask and got a pretty nasty cut just above his eye, but he is fine.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Let's Go Stars!!!

This is going to be a tough divisional matchup, hopefully we can come out and skate hard to tilt the ice in our favor and take the crowd out of the game. This is one of those games that you know it is going to take at least 60 minutes of hard working, smart, disciplined hockey.

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
Let's Go Stars!!!

This is going to be a tough divisional matchup, hopefully we can come out and skate hard to tilt the ice in our favor and take the crowd out of the game. This is one of those games that you know it is going to take at least 60 minutes of hard working, smart, disciplined hockey.
I don't believe Josi is playing tonight for Nashville

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
WTF, we have an actual GDT with lineups and propaganda up well in advance of the game start on the Stars forum?! :sarcasm:

I like it, LoneStarHockey - feel free to do as many of these as you want, so I won't have to start one after the first period is already over. :D

Reactions: LoneStarHockey

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Another tough loss, thought they played pretty well for the most part. It was an entertaining game, but you have to be able to score more than 1 goal if you want to win in a place like Nashville.

Bring on the Avs....

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Is anybody else worried that Benn's best days may be behind him?
I am. His physical game is half of what it once was. He no longer has the explosive skating he used to. His hands still seem to be there, but without the physical power or skating burst, he's not getting as many scoring chances as he once did. Maybe it's simply him working through Hitch's system, but I can't help but wonder if the injuries he's fought through have stolen some of his ability.

Combine that with Spezza who is also looks to be in quick decline, and that's a lot of salary dedicated to two guys who aren't as good as they were a couple of seasons ago.

Reactions: Satan

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
I am. His physical game is half of what it once was. He no longer has the explosive skating he used to. His hands still seem to be there, but without the physical power or skating burst, he's not getting as many scoring chances as he once did. Maybe it's simply him working through Hitch's system, but I can't help but wonder if the injuries he's fought through have stolen some of his ability.

Combine that with Spezza who is also looks to be in quick decline, and that's a lot of salary dedicated to two guys who aren't as good as they were a couple of seasons ago.

It's definitely hard to ignore the fact that there is something missing in his game, he doesn't seem to stand out on the ice anymore and he hasn't been that dominating force we are used to seeing. However, I am willing to give him more time to see how he adjusts this season. He is coming off some pretty serious injuries but he is young so it might just take some time for him to get back.

It does kind of remind me of Brendan Morrow, who went from being an absolute beast on the ice to pretty much disappearing after he came back from his injury. I guess that is one of the drawbacks to being extremely physical.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Agreed.

#14 has peaked. At least we'll get ~60-70 pts from him for a few more seasons but the 9.5M price tag is going to hurt soon.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Bishop has definitely been one of the bright spots to start this season, he has looked good and been able to keep us in these games. He just needs more offensive support.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Still, 1 W and 2 L. Made a lot of nice saves, was better than his D, but can a 3 goals against game against a mid pack O team be called a great performance?

I hope this team picks it up a bit quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->