4 NHL Prospects Among Hobey Candidates:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Keith Ballard, Minnesota; Brandon Bochenski, North Dakota; Yann Danis, Brown; Derek Edwardson, Miami; Junior Lessard, Minnesota-Duluth; Zach Parise, North Dakota; Thomas Pöck, Massachusetts; Steve Saviano, New Hampshire; Jim Slater, Michigan State; Tony Voce, Boston College.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Who's the favourite. I read one article that gave it to Bochenski, but that's just one opinion. It had Pock #2 I believe.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
rtafts said:
Let's go Parise! Is the Hobey just regular season, or does it take playoffs into account?

Nope, just playoffs. But it does take other factors (such as academics) into consideration when awarding it.

Hossa: My guess is Bochenski, Parise and maybe Danis. All have had excellent seasons this year and all have made a great case for themselves.

kyle

Aug 15, 2003
Toronto
Oilers Chick said:
Nope, just playoffs. But it does take other factors (such as academics) into consideration when awarding it.

Hossa: My guess is Bochenski, Parise and maybe Danis. All have had excellent seasons this year and all have made a great case for themselves.
I'm confused.. which is it? Playoffs or season?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would go for Danis to win it, but the late season slide by his team (back to back 4-0 Losses hurt) has to take a big hit on his voting, but he's still been one of the top goalies in the NCAA and from what I've heard he's got a few NHL teams interested in signing him.

Guess I'd go for Bochenski, but Slater was very impressive every time I saw him and that's who I'd vote for.

db23

Make that 5 NHL prospects. Danis signed with the Habs as a free agent. Likely all of the other candidates will sign somewhere as well.

db23

Slater and Ballard justify their first round selections, but how about Whitney and Nystrom who were taken ahead of them in the 2002 draft... :eek: ...Those two didn't even make second team All Star in their own conference as juniors. :dunno:

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
db23 said:
Slater and Ballard justify their first round selections, but how about Whitney and Nystrom who were taken ahead of them in the 2002 draft... :eek: ...Those two didn't even make second team All Star in their own conference as juniors. :dunno:

Both have been unimpressive in college it seems at times, but did pretty well at the WJC in 02-03.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Ballard winning it would help him get over the fact he has never played an NHL game but has already been a part of 3 organizations (Sabres, Avalanche and now Coyotes).

Is that some kind of record?

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
RE-HABS said:
Ballard winning it would help him get over the fact he has never played an NHL game but has already been a part of 3 organizations (Sabres, Avalanche and now Coyotes).

Is that some kind of record?

Jakub Klepis? Ottawa----->Buffalo------>Washington

so they'd be tied, but there still time for more trades :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad