Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
JWI19 said:
They have around another month to get a deal done. I'm going on when the 1995 lockout was settled.

i don't think they had the 45 day rolling cancellation, though. the earliest the season COULD start now...is 45 days away. If the season looks like it couldn't start until February, then I'm going to figure it's cancelled once and for all.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
There is still a glimmer of hope. I want to see the Press Conference, anyone know if TSN or SNET will be covering it in Canada?

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
If the meetings went bad, I would assume that Goodenow's men would have tipped the media already (not give the NHL a chance to be proactive in their comments, but reactive)... Put the NHL 'on the spot'... Give the media time to prepare good questions...

The fact that the NHLPA are remaining hum, while the NHL has a newsconference scheduled for later today, to me, perhaps signals a cooperation... An agreement that the league would be the one to first make the statement...

Ya, I'm drawing straws here :)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
puck you said:
There is still a glimmer of hope. I want to see the Press Conference, anyone know if TSN or SNET will be covering it in Canada?

No doubt at least one of the Score, TSN or SNET will have it.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
The one thing I find encouraging is the fact that there first stop wasn't to shoot there mouths off to the press. This may be a good sign. It is also a good sign that they took the proposal away, two things could happen, the owners have to see it before it could be voted on or the NHL could be preparing a counter. I think if they had shot there mouths off, you know they dismissed it, in 94 when they were close to a deal they got real quiet too.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Fire Sather said:
Don't call yourself a fan, then.

I can call myself whatever I want thanks though,I really care what you say :cry: . I do not support greedy players and owners , hence why I quit watching baseball years ago. I can understand a half a season but a whole season ? screw that. I will join 99% of the rest of the US and forget there ever was Pro hockey here.

You guys enjoy this waterdown obstruction game and the CBA's laughable negotiations . the NHL was all but dead before this happened. I will dog this sport to no end to everyone I can if this lockout goes all season.

Oilers Ent

Aug 31, 2002
Burnaby, BC
robandgen.blogspot.com
My guess is the league is going to digest the NHLPA's new proposal and come up with a counter proposal. They will probably present it right before December 15th - because if the 45 day rule is still in effect - than that would mean the season would start at the end of January. I can't imagine it starting later than then.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Press Conference on the Score in Canada. Its probably on TSN as well, but the Score is preparing for the NHL's statements.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
avalanche_country said:
I can call myself whatever I want thanks though,I really care what you say :cry: . I do not support greedy players and owners , hence why I quit watching baseball years ago. I can understand a half a season but a whole season ? screw that. I will join 99% of the rest of the US and forget there ever was Pro hockey here.

You guys enjoy this waterdown obstruction game and the CBA's laughable negotiations . the NHL was all but dead before this happened. I will dog this sport to no end to everyone I can if this lockout goes all season.

well, if you despise hockey so much, then go chat on a phish messageboard or something. Leave us to our CBA pissing and moaning.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
the 45 day rule isn't set in stone. Right now things can be scheduled up until roughly Jan 23rd. There's nothing to stop them from just saying not to schedule anything past the 25th until Jan 1st which would give them the rest of the month to negotiate. It's a good point, but remember that it doesn't have to stay at 45 days.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
just reachng here, but could Bettman want to hear some input from the other teams who weren't involved in the meeting? I know they gave him total power but who knows :dunno:

But i am still hopefully, especially with the players not going directly to the media saying the owners shot down their proposal

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Sakuuuuu said:
Canadian Press is rumoured to be about to report talks in New York next Tuesday.

the fan 590

That would probably be when the NHL would offer it's counter proposal and IMO if no deal is reached by next week well.... :cry:

X0ssbar

crossxcheck said:
well, if you despise hockey so much, then go chat on a phish messageboard or something. Leave us to our CBA pissing and moaning.

:yo: :D :yo:

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Canadian press: "The NHL will hold a press conference at 4:45 PM ET to discuss the day's events. A league spokesman said no talks were planned for tomorrow, but the two sides will get together again next week."

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
avalanche_country said:

Then your NOT a hockey fan, and you never were. Anyone who stops being a fan of a sport because of a work stoppage is a joke. Stick by the sport you love. I guess you dont. :shakehead

Oilers Ent

Aug 31, 2002
Burnaby, BC
robandgen.blogspot.com
I think we all knew that there would be a counter proposal. The PA's proposal does not include a link to salaries and revenue. It's a chess match. They will keep going back and forth until they both agree and time constrains them from doing so.

The league is playing its cards right by issuing a counter-proposal on Tuesday. The PA will likely have to accept it or propose something else almost immediately.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."-Noam Chomsky (1928-present)

nike...that's my favorite chomsky quote by far!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NOTHING IS CONFIMED. NO PRESS CONFERNCE, NO PROGRESS, NO DATES SET, NO BETTMAN LEAVING BACK TO NY. NOTHING. There is ZERO confirmed reports on ANYTHING. We will find out more as it slips out..but all sites/news stations are REPORTING different things because they didnt get any info. SO CALM DOWN EVERYONE and stop BELIVING EVERY LITTLE THING U HEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->