4 hour meeting is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeCar

Jun 14, 2004
Could be good, could be bad. If the 2 sides came to the meeting already agreeing to disagree, maybe they did work something out.

swflyers8*

Press conference and nothing planned for tomorrow? 2 possibilities:

1) The prosposal is ok and the season will start

2) The proposal got the flush and the season is cancelled.

My vote is for #2.

They are killing the sport. Idiots, all of them idiots. :teach:

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
sportsnet said:
A source tells Sportsnet there is a very good chance there will be contact within the next few days to establish another meeting, as early as next week.

:(

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
As much as I would love to believe that this is it, I have a feeling that the PA proposed their plan, the league rejected it outright, and that was that.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
A source tells Sportsnet there is a very good chance there will be contact within the next few days to establish another meeting, as early as next week.

The union made its proposal and spent four hours presenting an agreement that does not include cost certainty.

Contrary to speculation, the NHL did not provide its own proposal, it's believed a counter to the players' gesture is forthcoming.

That sounds a little better... :dunno:

Iceman23

Dec 26, 2003
It ain't over yet, but if I had to guess, the season is just about to flatline.

88Nords19

Apr 7, 2003
Alma
Visit site
HungryforHockey25 said:
Press conference and nothing planned for tomorrow? 2 possibilities:

1) The prosposal is ok and the season will start

2) The proposal got the flush and the season is cancelled.

My vote is for #2.

They are killing the sport. Idiots, all of them idiots. :teach:

Personally I highly doubt that even if the proposal was ok they'd say that the season will start...this will be a long drawn out process of negotiations...nothing will be agreed on yet. If the proposal was decent it's quite possible they'll just say they're going to review it and talk later. Or they'll come out with your #2.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Well the NHL would want to take some time to overlook the proposal and come to an agreement among themselves on what they think. This shouldn't really be a big surprise to anyone..

swflyers8*

88Nords19 said:
Personally I highly doubt that even if the proposal was ok they'd say that the season will start...this will be a long drawn out process of negotiations...nothing will be agreed on yet. If the proposal was decent it's quite possible they'll just say they're going to review it and talk later. Or they'll come out with your #2.

Why the press conference later? Why not do it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->