GDT: 4/3/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Couldn’t watch the game. I’ll have to catch the TJ V Reeves on Hockey Fights. What are your assessments?

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I just want to publicly apologize to whomever I may have had dust ups with about where this team was headed around the trade deadline. I'm not young and I've been around the game a long time but I couldn't have been more wrong about pretty much everything. Regardless of what happens going forward, keeping the group together and going for it was obviously the right thing to do (duh). And JBB's (very economical) deadline additions were more than worth the investment (also duh).

I had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Couldn’t watch the game. I’ll have to catch the TJ V Reeves on Hockey Fights. What are your assessments?
Pretty crappy 1st period from the Lightning, Leafs were aggressive on the forecheck, took advantage of last change for favorable matchups, but the Lightning didn't give up too too many Grade A chances. 2nd period was fine, not great, but better, Lightning took advantage of Leafs' mistakes and put it in the net. 3rd period was awesome, aggressive forecheck and backcheck, gave the Leafs nothing. Vasilevskiy great throughout

Reactions: Bartleby

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Good solid win boys. We needed that to start off this roadie.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What a victory.... Have my doubts about the mentality of the group after fail at home with the Dead Wings but a great show last night and golden two points. Good to see the new record by Kuch and hope TJ is doing well and play tonight, bad luck taking that TKO, hope can learn from that he was playing good since his return and love his physical presence!

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
We beat them as convincingly as we should with the benefit of no Marner and the hindrance of the schizophrenic refs. To hold them to a third period like that in their building was a special treat for their fans.

Vasy satisfied my criteria for the game - no stat padding freebies for Rielly. I'm ready to say he's somewhere close to being "back".

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We beat them as convincingly as we should with the benefit of no Marner and the hindrance of the schizophrenic refs. To hold them to a third period like that in their building was a special treat for their fans.

Vasy satisfied my criteria for the game - no stat padding freebies for Rielly. I'm ready to say he's somewhere close to being "back".
He looks all the way back imo

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
He looks all the way back imo
He looks really close to me, but I'm waiting to see him in a playoff game given that's where the wheels came off in the first place. The way he's playing now is very encouraging though.

Reactions: Hoek

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
We hate each other and all, but I genuinely feel sorry for whoever plays you guys in the first round. I am glad it's not us for once lol. Will enjoy watching you punk the Bruins again, they are scared shitless of Tampa.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Nice win last night, you guys starting to get it together, doubtful we will face you guys this year in 1st round, thankfully.
Just wanted to point out how impressed i was with the team, not sure if it was shown on tv, after the fight your entire team skated over to tap Jeannot, was taken back by it. This is what we lack in Toronto, that leadership, that support, standing up for each other even when things don't work out the way you want it to.

Is that enriched from the great leadership in that dressing room?

Reactions: OffBy1

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He looks really close to me, but I'm waiting to see him in a playoff game given that's where the wheels came off in the first place. The way he's playing now is very encouraging though.
Yeah, Steve Dangle mentioned that the Leafs have the point shot thing figured out, but didnt do it.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Yeah, Steve Dangle mentioned that the Leafs have the point shot thing figured out, but didnt do it.
I saw Reilly try twice from the blue line, one slow, one sorta fast. How's he going to pass up getting easy goals like that again? But Vasy got both, thus my passing grade for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad