4/20/06 HF Chat Mock Draft

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The way we did this was that I named a team, and people who were in the chat simply took a vote. There was a few bumps in the road though (people who were there might notice)

1. St. Louis - Phil Kessel
2. Pittsburgh - Erik Johnson
3. Chicago - Johnathan Toews
4. Washington - Jordan Staal
5. Boston - Nicklas Backstrom
6. Columbus - Peter Mueller
7. NY Islanders - Derek Brassard
8. Phoenix - Michael Frolik
9. Minnesota - Kyle Okposo
10. Florida - Bryan Little
11. Los Angeles - James Sheppard
12. Atlanta - Bobby Sanguinetti
13. Toronto - Jiri Tlusty
14. Vancouver - Michael Forney
15. Tampa Bay - Nigel Williams
16. Montreal - Ivan Visnevski
17. Minnesota - Chris Stewart
18. Colorado - Corey Emmerton
19. Anaheim - Ty Wishart
20. San Jose - Alexander Vasyunov
21. NY Rangers - Ben Shutron
22. Philadelphia - Ryan White
23. Washington - Johnathan Bernier
24. Buffalo - Yuri Alexandrov
25. New Jersey - Leland Irving
26. Calgary - Cal Clutterbuck
27. St. Louis - Mike Mitera
28. Dallas - Riku Helenius
29. Ottawa - Ben Maxwell
30. Detroit - Cody Burki

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Looks like the conventional wisdom except I see Frolik falling behind Okposo. Its funny, every draft scenario so far seems to have Okposo going to the Wild, is there a conspiracy there?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Starsdude said:
Can not believe the stars take a finn

That was actually one of the big reasons we picked him (I don't think I did, but a lot did)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Starsdude said:
Can not believe the stars take a finn

I was debating between Joenssu and Helenius, to be honest. I chose the goaltender.

Looks like the conventional wisdom except I see Frolik falling behind Okposo. Its funny, every draft scenario so far seems to have Okposo going to the Wild, is there a conspiracy there?

I honestly thought Brassard would fall to the Wild and that they'd pick him. I picked Tlusty to go to the Isles, as he's a fast finishing winger with a rising stock.

But I was the only one who had that sentiment.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
I just don't see why so many people think the Thrashers will take a defenseman. C is the biggest weakness in their farm system, the D is actually quite deep.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think people forget that nowadays teams go by who they think is the best player available, no matter what positoon they play

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
go kim johnsson 514 said:
I think people forget that nowadays teams go by who they think is the best player available, no matter what positoon they play

And Little isn't the BPA available :D. Teams will still draft by needs if they have too, and Florida do. We have no top 4 potential Dman in the system, and we really need a physical pairing for Bouwmeester down the line.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Mueller or Backstrom don't fall down to the Islanders #7 spot i rather see them take Kyle Okposo or Nigel Williams

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Having seen Vishnevsky play in a handful of games in the Q this year, I must I would be rather disappointed with him as Montreal's 16th overall pick. He does have wheels and there's no denying that he could make a great offensive d-man, but I thought he was flat out brutal defensively in many situations.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Brooklyndevil said:
Devils drafted a goalie in the second round of 2005. Can't see them taking a goalie in this year's first. At least I hope they don't.
Yep, even if I really like Leland Irving... sleeper pick. I would be happy if NJ grabed him in the 2nd round though, even if I don't think he's going to fall until that. :)

turnbuckle*

Beatnik said:
I'm a huge Little fan, I have a hard time seeing him fall behind Brassard

Well which is it? You're a big fan or a small fan? :)

Roger's Pancreas*

Damn, if Ty Wishart falls to 19, I have a hard time believeing that Clarke stands pat and doesn't make a move for him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Panasonic Youth said:
Damn, if Ty Wishart falls to 19, I have a hard time believeing that Clarke stands pat and doesn't make a move for him.

Ty's been dropping like a ton of bricks. I think he might fall to Philly's pick and possibly even out of the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad