3rd overalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Which third overall would you rather have? Third in 04 or 05. This year it seems to be a crap shoot after the top two. Although studs like Barker and Olesz will be there. But I've heard the 05 draft is supposed to be deep. I have to wonder though because it is a ways away, considering that at this time last year people were braggin about how good the 04 crop was. Maybe holding on to the sure fire Barker would be the wise thing to do. Thoughts?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Barker compares favourably with a couple, but not all. I happen to believe that Barker is actually a lot better than some tend to think he might be, but even still, especially #4 and down, there's not much comparison to other years. '05 should be a HELL of a draft class, and the #3 overall pick there will be much more valuable than a Barker, Tukonen, or Olezs this year.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'd take Tukonen this year--and I think the Hawks will surprise a lot of people and do this too--but based on what I've read, the 05 draft is very deep with talent at the top. So I guess 05.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
If I had to make a prediction on #3 overall next year, I'd guess either Anikeenko or Latendresse would be the pick right now. Anikeenko sounds like a better defensive prospect than Barker (THN gave him a really nice write-up in their 2005 preview), and I think Latendresse is a better forward prospect than any other 2004s (Tukonen might come close). So I'd say the 2005 pick would be better.

I think I'd rather have the 2002 or 2003 3rd overall pick than either of these though. ;) Maybe even 2001 in hindsight (meaning I'd pick Ruutu there).

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Thanks for the imput guys. The one thing that scares me is that the draft seems to always looks better a year away. Like I remember in September when I heard that the top four this year would have gone first overall in 03. Now that didn't pan out at all, with only Malkin fitting that bill. But I have heard that 05 is really shaping up to be a doozie. So hopefully these prospects hold up to their potential for 05. Thanks again and any more thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->