Speculation: 3rd line center if/when we get started

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
And people seem to forget that Brian Boyle was a first round pick who in college scored well over a point per game. He was a very talented player in his own right; it's just that his offense didn't translate to the NHL. There is no guarantee that JT Miller's offense will translate either.

These guys need to get back to me in about 2 years with Miller>Boyle stuff.

Because, right now, Boyle is the one capable of playing 3rd line center in the National Hockey League; for a team ready for a title run. Is JT Miller capable of limiting a Sidney Crosby or Claude Giroux right now?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Also if Miller is a regular in the NHL this season it will start the clock on his unrestricted free agency a year earlier.

3rdlineglory

Korsi Kevin
Dec 1, 2012
Mahopac, NY
And people seem to forget that Brian Boyle was a first round pick who in college scored well over a point per game. He was a very talented player in his own right; it's just that his offense didn't translate to the NHL. There is no guarantee that JT Miller's offense will translate either.

That's because Boyle is so huge. Once he reached the NHL he had to start playing with players closer to his size. This usually happens with players that have a major strength in one area, but are not so good in other areas. Just look at Stepan. He doesn't look as dominant now because he's playing with smarter and more talented players and he isn't that amazing in other facets of the game to fall back on.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
That's because Boyle is so huge. Once he reached the NHL he had to start playing with players closer to his size. This usually happens with players that have a major strength in one area, but are not so good in other areas. Just look at Stepan. He doesn't look as dominant now because he's playing with smarter and more talented players and he isn't that amazing in other facets of the game to fall back on.
Boyle also has 83 points in 113 career AHL games. Was he playing with dwarves there too?

Stepan isn't thriving like he did in college because the level of competition is a lot better in the NHL. Don't need any other reasoning to explain it.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I thought the eyes were linked with the brain - was I wrong about that all this time?

Because theres a few people in this thread with truly remarkable eyes.

These same eyes must see JT Miller playing well against fellow teenagers and think hes ready for the NHL.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I thought the eyes were linked with the brain - was I wrong about that all this time?

Because theres a few people in this thread with truly remarkable eyes.

These same eyes must see JT Miller playing well against fellow teenagers and think hes ready for the NHL.

I am a big fan of JT Miller. He is NOT ready to play NHL hockey yet. Let him blossom slowly, his development needs not be rushed. There. Said it

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
Sorry, I don't want someone else's buyout trash, even if most players that are bought out are bought out because of salary reasons first and foremost.

And to the person who mentioned Gomez: LMAO.

That's all I have to say about that.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Also if Miller is a regular in the NHL this season it will start the clock on his unrestricted free agency a year earlier.

I think he will see some time but he wont start on the team. If he earns it he can get into the playoffs and contribute

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I am a big fan of JT Miller. He is NOT ready to play NHL hockey yet. Let him blossom slowly, his development needs not be rushed. There. Said it

Absolutely. Great prospect but HE IS 19. He would not even be in the AHL if not for the draft "loophole". Let him develop.

Punxrocknyc19*

I can see why Lecavalier would want to come here though. Maybe he wants a 1yr contract to re-establish himself and then go for another retirement contract to finish his career. Maybe even return to the Bolts after 1 yr with the Rangers.

1. Contending team that was on the brink of reaching the Finals last year.

2. Gets to be re-united with his former NHL and junior linemate, Brad Richards. Richards contemplated to join the Bolts too when he was a FA before he chose the Rangers.

3. Connection with the head coach is huge. Lecavalier played his best hockey under John Tortorella and won the Stanley Cup.

4. NYC - nuff said.

id love Vinny LeCavalier.. even if he wanted a 3 or 4 year deal id do that but that is the most id offer.. he is familiar with Torts and Richards and is a very good player...

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I'm not that concerned about Boyle being the 3C, but if we were to look for another option, I'd love to see us sign Daymond Langkow.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I can see why Lecavalier would want to come here though. Maybe he wants a 1yr contract to re-establish himself and then go for another retirement contract to finish his career. Maybe even return to the Bolts after 1 yr with the Rangers.

1. Contending team that was on the brink of reaching the Finals last year.

2. Gets to be re-united with his former NHL and junior linemate, Brad Richards. Richards contemplated to join the Bolts too when he was a FA before he chose the Rangers.

3. Connection with the head coach is huge. Lecavalier played his best hockey under John Tortorella and won the Stanley Cup.

4. NYC - nuff said.

That's really nice of Vinny to sign a 1 year deal and leave millions on the table... bc it's NYC - 'nuff said.'

... He gets to reunite with Torts... the guy who made his life miserable... but wait - he played with Richards 10 years ago... With this logic maybe he goes to Philly to play with fedotenko or SJ to play with Boyle...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
That's really nice of Vinny to sign a 1 year deal and leave millions on the table... bc it's NYC - 'nuff said.'

... He gets to reunite with Torts... the guy who made his life miserable... but wait - he played with Richards 10 years ago... With this logic maybe he goes to Philly to play with fedotenko or SJ to play with Boyle...

Not suggesting that he'd do it, but depending on how thinks work out if the 13-14 cap is $60 mil there will be so little $$ for ufas that it might be better long term to sign a cheap 1 year deal with a chance to win and then sign long term ip the following summer when cap has gone up. Big risk, what if he gets hurt blah blah blah but with 60m cap you are only getting big long term $$ from teams like isles cause no one else has cap space

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everyone hates Brian Boyle, even fans of his own team :(

580177_2050642243886_303351925_n.jpg

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Everyone hates Brian Boyle, even fans of his own team :(

580177_2050642243886_303351925_n.jpg

That;s not true. I like Boyle. I think if he plays like he did in the beginning of the ottawa series he can easily be a 3rd line center for us. But I don't think he will. He still is an important player for this team.

Punxrocknyc19*

That;s not true. I like Boyle. I think if he plays like he did in the beginning of the ottawa series he can easily be a 3rd line center for us. But I don't think he will. He still is an important player for this team.

i just wish he didnt fight. he kills momentum all of the time. i mean how does a guy 6'7 be horrible at fighting..

he has to be the worst fighter for a guy that has alot of size

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
i just wish he didnt fight. he kills momentum all of the time. i mean how does a guy 6'7 be horrible at fighting..

he has to be the worst fighter for a guy that has alot of size

Because hockey isn't about fighting and that's not how he made it to the NHL?

And to say he "kills" momentum is just stupid. The times he fights is normally to stick up for his teammates not to get something going. Whether he wins or loses, is irrelevant.

:help::shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->