GDT: 38 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets | The calm before the storm | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
hqdefault.jpg

BLUE JACKETS (22-13-2) at PENGUINS (18-16-3)
7 p.m. ET; ATTSN-PT, FS-O, NHL.TV

NHL.com Preview
Blue Jackets at Penguins preview

The Game

Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang will not play against the Columbus Blue Jackets at PPG Paints Arena on Wednesday.

Letang is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said. He did not participate in Pittsburgh's morning skate after playing 23:44 in a 4-0 loss to the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
Blue Jackets forwards Cam Atkinson and Alexander Wennberg also will not play. Atkinson will miss 4-6 weeks with a broken foot sustained in a 2-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday. Wennberg, who injured his back in a 3-2 shootout loss at Pittsburgh on Thursday in which Letang scored the deciding goal, will also be out 4-6 weeks. Each was placed on injured reserve.

The Blue Jackets are 2-0-1 in their past three games, including the shootout loss at Pittsburgh six days ago that was one of two wins for the Penguins in their past seven games (2-5-0).

Players to watch

Blue Jackets defenseman Seth Jones has three goals and two assists during a four-game point streak. He had an assist against the Penguins on Thursday.

Penguins center Sidney Crosby has two points (one goal, one assist) in his past six games after scoring 16 points (seven goals, nine assists) in his previous nine. He had one assist Thursday.

They said it

"It's part of the League. Injuries are a part of the game. Next man up. We're going to go play." -- Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella

"I think when Kris is at his best is when he's playing. … He's an invaluable player for us." -- Penguins coach Mike Sullivan, on if he's ever considered resting Letang

Blue Jackets projected lineup​

Artemi Panarin -- Pierre-Luc Dubois -- Josh Anderson
Boone Jenner -- Nick Foligno -- Oliver Bjorkstrand
Sonny Milano -- Lukas Sedlak -- Matt Calvert
Tyler Motte -- Jordan Schroeder -- Markus Hannikainen

Markus Nutivaara -- Seth Jones
Jack Johnson -- David Savard
Scott Harrington -- Gabriel Carlsson

Sergei Bobrovsky
Joonas Korpisalo

Scratched: Dean Kukan
Injured: Ryan Murray (upper body), Brandon Dubinsky (fractured orbital bone), Zach Werenski (upper body), Alexander Wennberg (back), Cam Atkinson (foot)

Penguins projected lineup​

Conor Sheary -- Sidney Crosby -- Patric Hornqvist
Jake Guentzel -- Evgeni Malkin -- Phil Kessel
Carl Hagelin -- Riley Sheahan -- Bryan Rust
Tom Kuhnhackl -- Carter Rowney -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Matt Hunwick
Olli Maatta -- Chad Ruhwedel
Ian Cole -- Jamie Oleksiak

Matt Murray
Tristan Jarry

Scratched: Dominik Simon
Injured: Kris Letang (lower body), Justin Schultz (lower body)

If this is it... i won't forget

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
I'm still waiting for 1 GOOD reason Kuhn is in and Simon is a HS. Simon looked good with Crosby and Jake and Rust looked good with Reaves and Rowney. Watching Kuhn lose puck battles along the boards over and over and over and over truly makes me wanna vomit.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Think Simon may be dinged up a little. Dunno.
But then he practiced on PP2 so...Heh.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I'm still waiting for 1 GOOD reason Kuhn is in and Simon is a HS. Simon looked good with Crosby and Jake and Rust looked good with Reaves and Rowney. Watching Kuhn lose puck battles along the boards over and over and over and over truly makes me wanna vomit.

Yeah, I wish there was some kind of establishment that could ask Sullivan about this, like something I think was called the media or something.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I'm staying up to watch live tonight so I just want us to win .. and win big. Not too much to ask I think. I want us to blow them out, destroy them. I am well aware that if I keep my rosey 2017 glasses on, this will surely happen.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I'm staying up to watch live tonight so I just want us to win .. and win big. Not too much to ask I think. I want us to blow them out, destroy them. I am well aware that if I keep my rosey 2017 glasses on, this will surely happen.
Go make a sacrifice to the God's and maybe :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad