Prospect Info: #38, Gustav Lindstrom

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why do they go so far off the draft rankings of everyone else? He was rated as low as 159 by ISS Hockey, 85 by TSN, 109 by Hockey Prospects. Seems they could have waited for late 3rd/early 4th to get him. To me this is exactly the kind of pick the Wings make lately. Someone not on anyone else's radar this early, yet they pick him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Why do they go so far off the draft rankings of everyone else? He was rated as low as 159 by ISS Hockey, 85 by TSN, 109 by Hockey Prospects. Seems they could have waited for late 3rd/early 4th to get him. To me this is exactly the kind of pick the Wings make lately. Someone not on anyone else's radar this early, yet they pick him.
Better than waiting too long.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I definitely agree, but sometimes feels like the Wings are the only ones in on certain guys so soon.

You don't know what other teams situations are. The wings could be the least to do it

Hollands probably mad he loses good players two picks before him so what does he do? Pick 5th rounders at 1st overall

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I definitely agree, but sometimes feels like the Wings are the only ones in on certain guys so soon.

I think Alex Edler has driven this decision for a while. If Hakan pounds the table about someone and they think there is competition catching on they go with it. Remember they basically said they found out people were high on Bertuzzi which his junior coach confirmed later. Hakan probably noticed someone had tracked him on this and argued for the guy early. They thought they could sit there and wait, best part is Vancouver pretty much admitted they went after him because of Hakan's interest.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

because GR is a very good team and they don't need anybody else :D

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015

You mean like little bert who was projected to be 7th round or undrafted? Ya I've been complaining about that for awhile to.

Frankly their drafting has been **** for awhile. But we will see in 5 years how good or bad this really is.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
You mean like little bert who was projected to be 7th round or undrafted? Ya I've been complaining about that for awhile to.

Frankly their drafting has been **** for awhile. But we will see in 5 years how good or bad this really is.

I haven't hated the Wings drafting in recent years. We've added Larkin, Mantha, Hronek. Svech, Bertuzzi, AA, VS, Cholo and Janmark in the last 5 years.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Red Wings director of European scouting Hakan Andersson called Lindstrom a "good all-around defenseman."

"He competes well, he has a good first pass, a good shot," Andersson told DetroitRedWings.com. "I've already had four or five (scouts) come up to me and said they liked him. A lot of teams thought they would get him later in the second round or early in the third, so I think we were right on."

Andersson said of Lindstrom's skating: "On a 1-10 scale, he's in the 6-7 range, so it's not a problem."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...7_detroit_red_wings_1.html#incart_river_index

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Has anybody been able to find a highlight reel for this guy. I wanna like the pick, but I can't find anything on him.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Has anybody been able to find a highlight reel for this guy. I wanna like the pick, but I can't find anything on him.
There are no highlights available of him specifically. If you want to spend the time, here's a link to Allsvenskan game highlights: http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play Almtuna = AIS, Lindström is a right-handed D #66. But you will only see glimpses of him.

I can try to put together some clips from his J20 Elit games next week. The level of competition is not great though, somewhere between the main U20 and U18 leagues.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Somewhat reminds me of the hronek pick to a lesser extent to where you either don't know anything about him or you are really high on him.
Lidstrom and hakan both picking him makes me like the pick

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Tyler Wright said other teams told them after the fact that they were going to take him in the second round.

Hearing things like this and the Vancouver stuff makes me feel better about the pick. Doesn't help me from feeling underwhelmeded being content with 2 of our picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad