GDT: #35 | Devils @ Panthers | 7:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our defense is fine, but just not good enough to make up for our offensive shortcomings. A team like Ottawa has been strong enough to make up for theirs with outstanding defense. Then again we had a BAD PK for a while there, and were close to the top in least amount of even strength goals against in the league for awhile. Our PK has been better, but we're still around 20th because of how incredibly mind numbingly bad it was for a while there.

I can't believe Kulikov scored in OT. His first goal of the season, and he also scored another OT winner there a couple years ago when Deboer coached there, and Lemaire coached us. I don't know how that got past Marty, but that was a brutal goal. Marty looked asleep there even for seconds after the goal was scored. Did he lose his stick or something though? I didn't stick around to watch the replay on the tron. This is a prime example of what I said when Moose was doing poorly. I wouldn't say he cost us wins, but maybe some OT points. Marty could have gotten us some OT points well he's back and that's what we're getting.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just watched the game (yea I know, I'm late to the party).

I'm baffled at the result. The D played a steady game but then completely broke down late in the 3rd (loved Salvador's play, Tallinder/Greene were solid too). The equalizer by Florida was a bit lucky, but I think this team really needs to work on remaining cool and calm during high pressure situations. Zidlicky made a panic dump, fine play, but there was nobody there and the slot was wide open because everybody was scrambling. They need to relax and get the puck out quickly, but without panicking and turning it over.

In OT, it was kind of a bad bounce, Larsson was obviously expecting the shot but the Florida player (forgot who) dubbed it, which allowed the Panthers to drive the net. Its hard to blame one player on that play, the team as a whole needs to improve their defensive zone coverage. Marty was not at fault on the Panthers game winner because his stick was A). still not in position due to the awesome poke-check seconds earlier, and B). Interfered with

Very disappointing, but if they actually played better defensively last night we wouldn't be talking about giving up late goals two games in a row. The sad part is I thought the defensemen played much better, but everybody scrambled and couldn't maintain their composure while under pressure late in the 3rd. Its too bad, they really needed the points. This makes Monday's game that much bigger, win and gain separation or lose and their playoff chances drastically go down. They need to step up.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Alright Marty lost his stick, so I'll give him a break on the OT goal. You absolutely gotta win against these crap teams with AHL rosters, and you have to beat Tampa Bay when you score 4 goals with how thin our scoring depth is right now. Can't blow leads on 6 on 5 situations two games in a row either. The last 4 minutes of last night was a carbon copy of the final 4 minutes of the TB game. Though I'll say the last 4 minutes of the Panthers game wasn't quite as bad as we didn't have a million icings, nor struggle to keep them out of our zone the way we did in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad