GDT: #33| Los Angeles Kings @ New York Islanders | December 16th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Or we can put Maroon with Quine and Johnston and create a line so bad that it opens a black hole and sucks everyone away

C'mon now, I was never an endorser of Johnston just someone who can fight, Quine is a 13th forward now, he will become a better player on another team, I think he has worn out his welcome here.

Now Maroon is a guy who put 27 pucks in the net last year and has 8 this year, a solid bottom 6 guy that is a pending UFA (can be had cheaper) that will do a lot of dirty work, block the net on the 2nd power play unit, get pucks out of the corner, fight occasionally and hit people. Rather have Maroon on the roster and Beau learning in the AHL

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
C'mon now, I was never an endorser of Johnston just someone who can fight, Quine is a 13th forward now, he will become a better player on another team, I think he has worn out his welcome here.

Now Maroon is a guy who put 27 pucks in the net last year and has 8 this year, a solid bottom 6 guy that is a pending UFA (can be had cheaper) that will do a lot of dirty work, block the net on the 2nd power play unit, get pucks out of the corner, fight occasionally and hit people. Rather have Maroon on the roster and Beau learning in the AHL
My only concern is that Maroon is pretty slow - which is not the Islanders' style.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
My only concern is that Maroon is pretty slow - which is not the Islanders' style.
Fair but not every guy on the team needs to be fleet of foot. He's a big bodied guy and very few big bodies are also fast. When the zone is established he can park himself in front of the net, win a few 1 on 1 board battles, as well as hit people and drop the mitts when needed. That type of people really doesn't exist on the team so I'd be happy with him, for the right price, of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormet

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Fair but not every guy on the team needs to be fleet of foot. He's a big bodied guy and very few big bodies are also fast. When the zone is established he can park himself in front of the net, win a few 1 on 1 board battles, as well as hit people and drop the mitts when needed. That type of people really doesn't exist on the team so I'd be happy with him, for the right price, of course.

Yes it was is missing in Phase #1

Isles will have 2 phases this year

Phase #1 - allows them hang around in thrace
A) Get Maroon
b) Establish Greiss as #1 goalie, shop Halak and allow Gibson to backup
c) See if Toews fits

Phase #2 - if they are still around
a) If Toews doesn't fit, then go for broke and get a top 4 dman

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

I think on a line with Cizikas and Clutter he would not need to be Barzalian LOL... I think it is the one player type that we are missing, I think solidifies the bottom 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad