GDT: #33| Los Angeles Kings @ New York Islanders | December 16th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Feel good I can complain about this after a win--why on earth did Leddy try to play dump and chase during the 3-on-3????

They were really sleepwalking for most of that OT, thankfully for us it's such a coin flip.

Reactions: Chairman Wang

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Feel good I can complain about this after a win--why on earth did Leddy try to play dump and chase during the 3-on-3????

They were really sleepwalking for most of that OT, thankfully for us it's such a coin flip.
I agree. I was dumbfounded at that play. Until Ebs scored, the Isles were in a surreal fog.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Deserved that goal.

They battled hard to score in that 3rd. Thought LA was locking them down as good as we’ve seen. Maybe fatigue played a role.

Loved that barzy to ebs play. Perfect pass and perfect shot. I hope barzy can battle through the tight checking; overall he’s been as close to shutdown as we’ve seen.

Beautiful goal by Lee. Absolutely gifted hands.

JT came on nicely.

D played well.

Greiss was solid, thought the first goal was stoppable.

Hope they can build off if this.

Reactions: dood

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
What happened to de Haan? He got hurt? Just heard it on the post game.
Upper body on last play of the game, right before the goal. Didn't see what happened but from his reaction -- went straight to the dressing room while everyone else was celebrating --it didn't look good. We'll see.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20171216_204612.jpg

Best Friends!!!!!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Our goaltending has been bad but gotta give Greiss credit for coming up huge in OT to stone Kopitar on that breakaway

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Is it just me or could the Kings have played the entire 3rd period down a man? Once they got tired in the 3rd and the Isles started working them, they just started cross checking guys from behind left and right.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Anyone else really finding Brendan Burke growing on them? Not that I ever disliked him - I thought he'd been terrific since day 1, but he really sounds so enthused about the team now and it's infectious.

Reactions: xECK29x

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This was a great win, down 2-0 and come back and then win in OT, very strong game on D for Pulock continues to impress, 1st line was dangerous as always.

Bernier was what we needed, a low error guy, with higher energy that probably won't contribute much to the scoresheet. We should Beau down, he needs to play more, this is going to hurt him more than help him. Acquire Maroon and the bottom will be a proper bottom 6, even with Lady Jane.

Greiss was good tonight, Kings were tired but still we managed to win the game.

Reactions: xECK29x

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Anyone else really finding Brendan Burke growing on them? Not that I ever disliked him - I thought he'd been terrific since day 1, but he really sounds so enthused about the team now and it's infectious.

Grown on me for sure, took a bit, only because of habit, and habit is Howie Rose... probably takes about 100 games for that announcer to feel like the hometown announcer

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Jt looks back in form. Idk what switch he flipped but he’s been dominant the past 2 games not just quietly racking up points like most games. If he keeps this up that line is probably the best in the nhl. Also liked bernier. Thought he gave us some stability in the bottom 6. Calling him up was a good move. Hopefully ho sang is ready to work hard

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Is it just me or could the Kings have played the entire 3rd period down a man? Once they got tired in the 3rd and the Isles started working them, they just started cross checking guys from behind left and right.

I second this. A lot of uncalled holds.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

It should be noted they played last night

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Hopefully ho sang is ready to work hard
I don't think JHS is not working hard. He needs some more seasoning in terms of being in control on the ice. He needs to almost slow down his game a step, look for the better pass, play better positionally, work on overall decision-making.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Upper body on last play of the game, right before the goal. Didn't see what happened but from his reaction -- went straight to the dressing room while everyone else was celebrating --it didn't look good. We'll see.

I saw the replay on NHL Network right before Eberle's OT winner. Damn, I hope he's ok. He's been a really underrated rock on the blue line, we need him.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I don't think anyone has made this connection. The game turned around because of Clutterbuck. He oversold that elbowing call on Muzzin and if you look at the replay, Muzzing just gave him a hit to the upper part of his chest. Never touched his face at all.

After that, we had the upper hand.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I don't think JHS is not working hard. He needs some more seasoning in terms of being in control on the ice. He needs to almost slow down his game a step, look for the better pass, play better positionally, work on overall decision-making.

poorly worded on my end. Meant ready to work hard in terms of learning what he needs to do. Wasn’t implying he’s not trying out there

Reactions: beach

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I don't think anyone has made this connection. The game turned around because of Clutterbuck. He oversold that elbowing call on Muzzin and if you look at the replay, Muzzing just gave him a hit to the upper part of his chest. Never touched his face at all.

Yeah, and the Kings deserved it anyway. They could have had at least 5 additional penalties called on them in the 3rd period alone.

Reactions: dood

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

That and the fight even if it was a draw, so Chimera did something good

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yes, i agree on that too. Chimera needed to get himself and the team going and I think that helped as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->