27. Washington (Boston) - Jeff Schultz, D
28. San Jose - Bruce Graham, F
29. Washington (Detroit) - Sami Lepisto, D
30. Tampa Bay - Jakub Sindel, F

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Is there some unwritten rule, "Calgary must select Bolland in all mock drafts!"? It is quite plausible that the Flames would pick a player like Bolland, but it is bizarre to see him as such a concensus pick for Calgary.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
icarus said:
Is there some unwritten rule, "Calgary must select Bolland in all mock drafts!"? It is quite plausible that the Flames would pick a player like Bolland, but it is bizarre to see him as such a concensus pick for Calgary.
I think it's because Calgary has many good d-men in their system, and bolland is normally available at 19. to me, it was close between bolland and lisin.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
great overall job with your draft -- i think you nailed the caps dead on with their three picks

i think the hawks will also pass on barker and select a forward or trade the #3 overall pick and move down in the draft and pick up an extra pick from another who is desperately after barker

wouldnt be surprised to see either the caps or rangers move up in the draft as well

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
icarus said:

I was wondering the same thing. Almost every single mock has Calgary taking Bolland. I'm guessing that people are figuring that we need a forward due to our defence core. While that makes sense, I'd guess that Tod Button and Co. are going to take the BPA.

That being said, after reading up on Bolland he sounds like a "Darryl Sutter" player. A solid two-way player who's gritty, fast and has pretty darn good offensive capability. Sounds good to me. I know that it's hard to make these types of comparisions, but is there a player in the NHL who's play likens to Bolland's?

Regardless, good effort. Looks pretty good to me.

Last edited:

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Good job. As a Ducks' fan, I'd be pleased if Schremp fell to the Ducks. His stock seems to be falling a little, but there's no question about his skills. The guy I want the Ducks to pass on is Wolski. If Tukonen, Ladd, Thelen or Schremp "fall" to #9, I'll be pleased.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
King Henry I said:
Also, why has Wes O'Neill fallen so hard in all of these recent mocks?

Because he was rated higher in the mocks in the past month than most scouting services had him. Now that CSS is out and people have realized he's not in Redline's top 20, they're warming up to the idea that he isn't one necessarily one of the top few d-men in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad