3000 hits for Albert Pujols

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Congrats!

Wilbon on PTI today actually predicted everything it to a tee almost. He said it would be bloop hit to right in his 3rd AB, this was described as a 'flare to right' from what I can see and it was his 3rd AB.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wish I watched that instead of this trainwreck of a hockey game. I was hoping that it was last night since I knew that I'd be able to watch the whole game. Or Saturday or Sunday since the hockey game wouldn't be on. But nope.

Congrats to Albert.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I feel like Pujols will be more appreciated when he retires.

Don't get me wrong - he's arguably the best player of the 2000's but the last couple seasons in LA have made people forget how amazing he once was.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I know Pujols has 3 years left after this season but he should really consider hanging them up now. He has virtually zero shot at 700 and he's already a first ballot Hall of Famer. He probably won't though, he's owed $87 mil still lol.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I'm sure St. Louis is glad that he did though.
As a Cards fan, yes and no. I know we wouldn't have had the money to field as competitive of a team since he left, but it's tough seeing him hit these huge milestones like 600 HRs and 3,000 hits in an Angels jersey. He might also have been the difference in 2012/2013 in getting to another World Series(2012) or winning it(2013). One more title out of those years would've made the contract worth it to me. Oh well. Love the guy and can't wait for him to retire so he can come back to St. Louis and get his statue and come to opening day every year like the other HoFers.

By the way, HOW HAS THE MLB NOT SCHEDULED AN ANGELS/CARDS GAME IN ST.LOUIS YET?! That's the easiest marketing of all time. Guaranteed sell-outs and city-wide pandemonium. How has that not happened yet?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
As a Cards fan, yes and no. I know we wouldn't have had the money to field as competitive of a team since he left, but it's tough seeing him hit these huge milestones like 600 HRs and 3,000 hits in an Angels jersey. He might also have been the difference in 2012/2013 in getting to another World Series(2012) or winning it(2013). One more title out of those years would've made the contract worth it to me. Oh well. Love the guy and can't wait for him to retire so he can come back to St. Louis and get his statue and come to opening day every year like the other HoFers.

By the way, HOW HAS THE MLB NOT SCHEDULED AN ANGELS/CARDS GAME IN ST.LOUIS YET?! That's the easiest marketing of all time. Guaranteed sell-outs and city-wide pandemonium. How has that not happened yet?
It could possibly happen next season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I feel like Pujols will be more appreciated when he retires.

Don't get me wrong - he's arguably the best player of the 2000's but the last couple seasons in LA have made people forget how amazing he once was.

I think it depends on the fan to be honest. I'd imagine most NL based fans that saw him more probably don't forget his Cardinal days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad