"30 thoughts" on Redmond and Little

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...hts-nhl-thrilled-by-media-rights-bonanza.html

19. Sometimes, players who sign new contracts have trouble dealing with the pressure of living up to them. But Brian Little of the Winnipeg Jets doesn't have that problem. He leads them with 24 points in 26 games and credits a sports psychologist he began to see three years ago. Little said she helped him learn to relax and still keeps in touch when necessary. "I wish I'd [started seeing her] sooner," he said.

20. Recently, I wrote about Erik Karlsson and the feeling his stride isn't yet 100 per cent right. One player who understands is Jets defenceman Zach Redmond, who is making a terrific comeback from a sliced artery and vein suffered last February. Redmond said his own step isn't fully recovered and won't be until he gets another full summer of workouts. He added the groin muscles in his right leg are still shorter than those in the left. It was great to see him back in the NHL for the time being. Good luck.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Click it again? Works for me every single time. Might be hfboards itself.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I particularly liked this one:

3. The conversation about Orlov reminded me of a chat I had with another GM a few years ago. He really liked his head coach. But he was unhappy younger players were "blocked" from getting a shot over veterans the coach was comfortable with, so he traded them. It worked for that team, so I wonder if that is what McPhee may try and do.

:naughty:

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
I particularly liked this one:

Quote:
3. The conversation about Orlov reminded me of a chat I had with another GM a few years ago. He really liked his head coach. But he was unhappy younger players were "blocked" from getting a shot over veterans the coach was comfortable with, so he traded them. It worked for that team, so I wonder if that is what McPhee may try and do.

:naughty:

Ah, the Moneyball way, play your favorites over the guys I want to build around and your favorites kick bricks down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad