GDT: [#3] Wings @ Stars

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They probably should be up by more. Creating a bazillion Grade A Chances.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Janmark comes back after missing the full season and looks better than ever. Just goes to show how much he was missed.

Reactions: Abilify

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
Defense having a very good game. I've liked the Honka and Big O pairing tonight. They've been effective and are playing within themselves. Not trying to do too much.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Fun game to watch. Lots of guys looked good, especially Pitlick - really nice move by Nill to sign him this summer. Johns is the only one I'm not happy with, making multiple mistakes that led to scoring chances.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Defense is still a bit shacky and they really should make more out of those chances they create but so far the team looked good in all 3 games just made some awful mistakes that lead to goals . Not that much confidence is Johns or Oleksiak.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
1st win of the season of the season and many more to follow

Definitely a playoff team

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Boy is it nice to watch a Stars game and not have my ass pucker up every time the other team skates into the Stars zone and it looks like they may shoot the puck. Amazing what confidence in your goalie can do.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, I puckered a little bit....maybe just out of habit. Maybe I haven't fully started to trust Bishop after his pre-season performance. Maybe the D doesn't look fully put together yet.

Agree Johns had a few rough plays that he shouldn't have considered. Wilson needs to get him to simplify his game.

Highlight for me was remembering all those years when we wished we could skate with Detroit, and now we can, easily.

Also recall Detroit kept coming up with "plug in" no name but talented forwards through all 4 lines, and now we do that. Impressed with Shore, Ritchie, Pitlick, Elie, and of course Janmark as young forwards, who seem like they will contribute goals and other things when the top line is off the ice.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Bishop has definitely looked solid in net so far, he has a commanding presence in net that I haven't seen in a Stars goalie in quite in some time.

It was nice finally getting a W after playing pretty well the previous 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad