Kings Vision: 3/2/23 LA Kings Starting Goaltender vs. Montreal Canadians

Who will be the LA Kings Starting Goaltender vs. Montreal Canadians on Thursday March 2, 2023?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
With Tuesdays fond farewell to J. Quick and the acquisition of J. Korpisalo,

Who will Todd MacLLelan start in goal for the Los Angeles Kings against the Montreal Canadians?

Please post the main logic behind your vote, as a reply.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Copley tomorrow. Korpisalo Saturday.
Could be.
Despite finishing strong on Tuesday, Pheonix Copley is not making me that comfortable right now.
He has been scouted more thoroughly now, and many of the goals are being scored in the same area of the net.
I suspect Blake and the Kings coaching staff have already spotted this and it was a factor in the impetus to proceed on the trade with Columbus.
Therefore, I start Korpi...

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I want Korpisalo to start so I voted that but its more likely he watches for a game and then rolls Saturday.
The expenditure of draft capital and the shafting of Quick warrants that we find out what we have in this guy immediately and in all situations.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I want Korpisalo to start so I voted that but its more likely he watches for a game and then rolls Saturday.
The expenditure of draft capital and the shafting of Quick warrants that we find out what we have in this guy immediately and in all situations.
I feel you want to get the guy off to a good start so you play him in this one against this lower tier opponent right away.
It's too late for forensics and it won't make a difference.
Blake has chosen his guy and he will be resigned in the off season if not sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattle King

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think you can’t judge until you know how happy/settled they are. Including if he’s too excited. All things being equal you start the new guy to allow him to get it out of the way. However differences with systems a breakouts mean you maybe start Copley... not sure what system he played previously.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Could be.
Despite finishing strong on Tuesday, Pheonix Copley is not making me that comfortable right now.
He has been scouted more thoroughly now, and many of the goals are being scored in the same area of the net.
I suspect Blake and the Kings coaching staff have already spotted this and it was a factor in the impetus to proceed on the trade with Columbus.
I just wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start him a day after being traded. haha But I'm pretty sure the intent is to give him games and split with Copley fairly evenly.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Has to have surfing as a hobby, preferably a bowling green alum, be small in stature and french canadian.
Do we have anybody like that?

Just rockin out to the band the BH surfers

Just rockin out to the band the BH surfers

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Could be.
I would start Korpisalo against the Habs bcuz he's familiar with facing them, and Copley against the Blues. I hope Copley gets to face his original team, the Caps, on Monday 3/6.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I just wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start him a day after being traded. haha But I'm pretty sure the intent is to give him games and split with Copley fairly evenly.
I could see that depending on performances.
I think Korpi was acquired to be the number one.
He will have to earn it however, and if he stumbles it could go back to Copper.
Copper seems to have tailed off a bit and that might have been the final straw for Blake as he watched them play the Jets, when he made the move.

The tide is starting to getting pretty high for docking into the the post season, so whatever ship gets you to shore on Playoff Island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad