Injury Report: 3/17 Vlasic

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The puck hit his collarbone/neck

I saw Tim Heed called up in the notes section when I was watching NHLN and thought to myself "why would they even post such insignificant 'news'?" But I guess it might actually mean something

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Martin looked over matched in the few shifts he got. 4 shifts in the 3rd despite only having 5 D-men tells you all you need to know about his play.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Martin looked over matched in the few shifts he got. 4 shifts in the 3rd despite only having 5 D-men tells you all you need to know about his play.
He hadn't played in a game in a long time. Deboer shortened the bench because it was a close game more than anything.

Martin still doesn't look good, but his pinch in the 3rd forced the Canuck player to make a bad pass into the neutral zone and led to Meier's gwg.

Reactions: CrypTic

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
He hadn't played in a game in a long time. Deboer shortened the bench because it was a close game more than anything.

Martin still doesn't look good, but his pinch in the 3rd forced the Canuck player to make a bad pass into the neutral zone and led to Meier's gwg.

Deboer tends to shorten the bench when the Sharks have multiple days off afterward.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Great news! No Donskoi or Ryan though. Hopefully they’re back by the Midwest road trip. Anyone think Heed draws in for Martin? The only reason I can think of for playing Martin is to show case him for trade this off-season. Doesn’t make much sense otherwise unless Deboer truly hates Heed that much.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Read Deboer expects Ryan out 7-10 days. Karlsson also practiced and Ward was taken off IR.

Wonder if they move Demelo to the left with Burns and bring Heed in with Dillon.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Read Deboer expects Ryan out 7-10 days. Karlsson also practiced and Ward was taken off IR.

Wonder if they move Demelo to the left with Burns and bring Heed in with Dillon.
Earlier in the season they put Dillon with Burns and Demelo and Heed together. Maybe they’ll do that again?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
With Vlasic not hurt they can afford to have Martin fill in for 10-12 minutes a game. They can double shift Braun and Vlasic with Burns if need be.

Reactions: Herschel

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
That's a huge bullet dodged. Without Ryan and Vlasic, they would probably roll out Dillon-Demelo or Dillon-Burns as the shutdown pairing. Deboer would bench Heed and Martin after the 1st shift so the other 4 d-men would be dead by the end of the game.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

That's more a case of "better to be lucky than good". :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->