Injury Report: 3/17 Clowe

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Good Kennedy needs playing time and he's obviously in TM's dog house with TJG.

Kennedy isn't in the doghouse, there's a reason he's never been able to stick in the NHL. Kennedy is very good in flashes, but he's only effective when he's playing in the offensive zone - his neutral and defensive zone play aren't even replacement level in the NHL, and I really like Kennedy.

My guess is that Kennedy will be returned to Worcester to allow Havlat to be activated from IR.

Kennedy has to clear waivers to go back to Worcester and that didn't happen today. If they want to activate Havlat for tomorrows game they'll either have to re-assign Irwin or put somone else on IR.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kennedy has to clear waivers to go back to Worcester and that didn't happen today. If they want to activate Havlat for tomorrows game they'll either have to re-assign Irwin or put somone else on IR.

According to Kevin Kurz Kennedy has found himself on IR which opens up a roster spot for Havlat to come off...which Kurz says has also happened.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 22m
Clowe won't play tomorrow. Hopes to get back in against Anaheim on Monday.

LunchPail

Jul 3, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Sheppard scores a goal and creates another and gets the bump to the 4th line. Good call coach.

Yeah, I just don't get Koala's decision-making this season. He did something similar when the "new identity" line with TJG on it created havoc at the tank. A game later and TJG was back selling hot dogs in the Aramark stand while the team played. Crazy.

Why not keep that 3rd line together and slot Clowe into Wingels' spot on the 2nd or put him on the 4th. If his play warrants doing so, move him up accordingly. It's gotta be frustrating for Shep...

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Sheppard scores a goal and creates another and gets the bump to the 4th line. Good call coach.

I agree, but in this case I think they are just trying to get Clowe a damn goal, and I don't blame them. He won't get a goal on the bottom line and they can't break up the top-2 at the moment either. Clowe get's a goal, or two, in the next couple games and his value will skyrocket because every GM in the league will know he's a) healthy and b) coming out of his funk.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Play him with Marleau and Couture. Not only does that make a half-way decent line, but it lets Clowe focus on the things he's best at. Plus, he's always at his best when he plays with Couture.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Play him with Marleau and Couture. Not only does that make a half-way decent line, but it lets Clowe focus on the things he's best at. Plus, he's always at his best when he plays with Couture.

Really doesn't matter they'll bounce him around on every line within 5 minutes anyway :cry:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree, but in this case I think they are just trying to get Clowe a damn goal, and I don't blame them. He won't get a goal on the bottom line and they can't break up the top-2 at the moment either. Clowe get's a goal, or two, in the next couple games and his value will skyrocket because every GM in the league will know he's a) healthy and b) coming out of his funk.

Then play him on the top line with Thornton and Burns or demote Wingels or Galiardi. You don't demote the guy who was instrumental in getting you two goals the last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad