GDT: 3/17/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Ah. Love seeing all the teams wanting TB in round one now, because they see what's been going on.

I'm really interested in the Stamkos comment about negativity.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Ah. Love seeing all the teams wanting TB in round one now, because they see what's been going on.

I'm really interested in the Stamkos comment about negativity.
Let them have their fun. If anything, having teams underestimate us would be a huge benefit.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Stammer says there is lots of negativity around the team and they need to get back to having fun.

I assume they don’t give a rats ass about my posts so there is clearly something else we are unaware of.

No bueno

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
People need to chill. This has no correlation to the playoffs. Like at all. Period. In 2010 we went 2-3-1 against the Capitals and were outscored 19 to 10 and then we ran the table on them in the playoffs. 1-3 against Boston that year and took them to game 7 and a goal to the SCF. The concern we need to have is not "OMG BOSTON IS GONNA KILL US" it's that we had days to prepare and we decided it was a great night to sleep walk. We do this all the time.

But there's good news this time around unlike in year's past. We've got almost a month until the playoffs and a brand new captain in the room. I'm not saying we need to ignore what has happened. I'm just saying the paper tiger is more than capable of roaring come playoff time and we need to save the heart attacks for April through June.

It looks bad, it was bad. But if anything it's better for the guys to get their asses kicked now and take their licks before it happen in the playoffs. People seem to forget that this team is still learning how to win.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Well I know people built this game up to be a BIG game but I just don't think that the players felt the same way. It was clear that Boston did though. I don't think that Tampa cares about the presidents trophy or anything like that. I think that all they care about is getting back into the playoffs and playing meaningful hockey again. I know people will say that this game wasn't meaningful but at the end of the day it was just a regular season game against a team we will face two more times before the season ends. Was it a bad effort? Of course, but like I said above, I think that the team is just trying to conserve energy and stay healthy for the playoffs.
I don't know. We had 3-4 days to sit around and think about the game. I doubt that helped us. On top of that, we really looked like a team that hadn't played in a few days. We were shooting ourselves in the foot quite a bit. We were pressing a little too hard, overskating loose pucks, rushing passes and shots. I think we kind of psyched ourselves out.

Playing Paquette was a bad idea too. He, Cally, and Kunitz are too slow to all be in the lineup at the same time; and matching them up against Pastrnak and Marchand like we did early was just plain foolish. I thought Paquette played well, too. He's just too slow to be in the lineup with other slow guys. We've made that mistake before, and it's simply not one we should have ever made twice.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Tired of the “this team is still learning” cliche. This isn’t our first year of contention. We’ve been a contender for almost half a decade. The time for lessons is done. This organization knows what it takes to win by now.

Edit: And I’m not disagreeing with you entirely, Sunny. I don’t view this as a “OMG BOSTON IS GONNA BEAT US” uh oh. This is a “We’ve spent weeks scoreboard watching this team, and they just came into our barn down 3 starters and took us to the woodshed” uh oh.

Reactions: Hoek

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Cooper just said “you can’t really say one team outplayed the other”. Was I at the wrong game tonight?

Hmm. If outplayed=played better then he's talking out his rear. If outplay=played harder then.....he's also talking out his rear.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't know. We had 3-4 days to sit around and think about the game. I doubt that helped us. On top of that, we really looked like a team that hadn't played in a few days. We were shooting ourselves in the foot quite a bit. We were pressing a little too hard, overskating loose pucks, rushing passes and shots. I think we kind of psyched ourselves out.

Playing Paquette was a bad idea too. He, Cally, and Kunitz are too slow to all be in the lineup at the same time; and matching them up against Pastrnak and Marchand like we did early was just plain foolish. I thought Paquette played well, too. He's just too slow to be in the lineup with other slow guys. We've made that mistake before, and it's simply not one we should have ever made twice.
I think the idea of playing Paquette is that we are going to play a physical game. But that only works if the entire team plays that way. Only two lines were actually finishing their checks, and the thing is......it worked. Whenever our guys finished their hits all boston could do was chip the puck out or move it along the boards. When we didn't hit, they were free to come up the middle. I hate to sound like a broken record but this just screams "trying to save energy" to me. If this was game 1 of the playoffs there is no way in hell that we get the effort we saw tonight.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Tired of the “this team is still learning” cliche. This isn’t our first year of contention. We’ve been a contender for almost half a decade. The time for lessons is done. This organization knows what it takes to win by now.

Edit: And I’m not disagreeing with you entirely, Sunny. I don’t view this as a “OMG BOSTON IS GONNA BEAT US” uh oh. This is a “We’ve spent weeks scoreboard watching this team, and they just came into our barn down 3 starters and took us to the woodshed” uh oh.
I think they also know that its better to save some energy for the playoffs to. God I feel like I could copy and past everything i'm saying lol.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think they also know that its better to save some energy for the playoffs to. God I feel like I could copy and past everything i'm saying lol.

I really don’t believe that we are intentionally playing poorly to save energy. Copying and pasting it won’t make it right.

Reactions: LilWayneJetski

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Our last 2 years of contention were destroyed by injuries and nothing more. People want to count the year we made the Finals but not a single one of us said "Cup or bust" but rather "Round 2 or 3 or bust" and we all know how that happened. The ECF is a different animal with a healthy Stralman, Bishop and Stamkos and all of last year is completely different if we do not field an AHL team for half the season and didn't get crap goaltending when healthy -especially from Bishop early in the year. Now granted we had a few stinkers that year but more often than not it was us getting killed because the defense collapsed after Bishop went down and they had no idea how to adjust. It's literally been the stuff of curses.

If I thought they had their chance to learn I would've said so. I know you look at it differently but I look at this as the first time this nucleus has had a chance to work though an entire year together since 2014-2015.

I'll suck it up for now because there's nothing stopping the Bruins from being overconfident in the playoffs now

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Well, Steven, you're getting asked about defensive play because your team is leaking goals and incapable of holding leads.

I wonder why you're being asked about it.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
I think that the team is feeling tired. They played like crazy for the first half of the season to get where they are now and I think its starting to catch up to them. Which is also why I think we are getting games like this. I think the plan was to rack up as many points of possible before the end of the seasons to avoid a last second dash to a playoff spot. I know the Presidents trophy sounds nice but I think that they are tired and trying to save as much energy as possible for the playoffs.
Big bunch of crap. They're no more tired than any other team and were just coming off 4 days off. No, they don't care about the President's Trophy but they do care about playing well heading into the playoffs yet they've squandered all of the home games they had banked and they can't kill a penalty to save their lives. I'm not saying one and done because there is a lot of talent and a strong desire to win, but stumbling to the finish line gasping for air is not the way you want to prepare for the playoff wars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->