GDT: 3/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Seeing Vegas get destroyed by NJ makes me feel a bit better.

Really its still regular season. Playoffs are different animal. Teams have a different level of play in the playoffs. Its in some ways a different game. There isnt much room given and top players are watched even harder than during the regular season. There is a reason for that is because if they played playoff hockey in the regular season we wouldnt see as much offense. We wouldnt see these top scorers with 100 point seasons. People come to see top players play. Playoffs teams just want to win and they will do anything to make that happen. We arent going to see as many blocked shots, big hits, etc at this time of year. In fact I think at this time we will see a little less of that because teams dont want to risk injury. If we are seeing the same play now in the playoffs then its time to worry. For now my biggest worry is a couple of things. That we stay healthy going into the playoffs. Second that we get home ice vs Boston. So if we can beat Boston in those games that we need to beat them in we should be good there. Easier said than done but remember this is still regular season. Believe it or not, we're going to see the teams dog it a bit in those games. Compared to what they would in the playoffs I mean. #1 is getting in and healthy. From there its about putting it on the line and doing whats necessary to win.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Few posts on the last page about the importance of getting your game revved up this time of year, and I agree 100%. Especially with the TDL acquisitions, this is the time to finally squash the warts in your game and figure out the lineup before Game 1. We should be playing our best hockey heading into the post-season. We have some wiggle room thanks to the start we had to the season, but it doesn't mean we should back into the playoffs and hope we can flip the switch when it matters.

The attention to detail has been terrible lately and for that I blame the entire team, coaching staff and players. Effort level is another issue that I place on the coaching staff. This team needs to be motivated, and it was clear to see that they were earlier in the year after missing the playoffs by 1 point last season. They destroyed the league, and then sat back and waited. Now it's time to care again, boys.

Boston coming to town is the test. If they look like they don't give a shit about that game then we have some problems.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins fan. Really hoping the two teams meet in the 2nd round as, win or lose, I just want to see these two teams go all out against each other. Was looking forward to Saturday's game - not even for the division but just because I think they're the best two teams in hockey. And like watching Bergeron vs. Stamkos.

But now Boston looks like Bergeron will still be out. Plus McAvoy and now Chara and DeBrusk (and Bjork) won't be there. You guys might have a field day offensively as that's a huge chunk of their match-up players. Bruins have a lot of depth so it hasn't killed them yet but between Florida tonight and you guys on Saturday - it'll be interesting to see if they can still stack up.

Reading a bit of your thread - didn't realize you guys were anxious about your team. Thought you were earlier but that the recent winning streak had kinda eased that. It's always strange feeling when your team is winning but not playing properly.

Anyways, just thought I'd hassle y'all - and good luck Saturday and the rest of the year.

Reactions: T REX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad