GDT: 3/1/18 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I find it interesting that we see consistent effort from the guys who WEREN'T part of the back-to-back long playoff runs. I think it's a motivation thing.
You'd think they would've learned after last season.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Another awful 3rd and blown late lead will be forgotten by many but this inability to possess the puck and defend in its own end has got to stop.
Yeah the inability to close has been very frustrating lately. It’s almost like bad habits keep being reinforced.

The second period was fun to watch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It only matters where the puck touches the stick.
I'm gonna be honest, I gave up trying to learn rules about goals scored above the crossbar about 10 years ago or something like that when Mr. 7 feet all in skates Zdeno Chara of all freaking people had a goal counted against us in the dying moments of regulation in a game vs Boston where he tipped the puck in mid-air and it went into the net. You can see the stick was clearly above the crossbar but I think you can guess how the story ends.

The goal counted and then we lost in OT. I think it was less than a minute in

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Man that effort from Point, Gourde and Conacher is what we've been wanting on the team for years.
Conacher should be out there before Killorn all day long in the OT. How many times has Killorn got trapped in the other end

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Those steals from Gourde and Point the last few games are extremely high IQ plays - you see that stuff from the Bergeron's and Datsyuk's not a typical forward just trying to play defense. I don't know if people know how much skill it takes to move to the right side of the puck and steal it while a guy is trying to shield it.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
It's like they went into prevent D at the end of the third. I'm sure they were gassed but can't do that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Those steals from Gourde and Point the last few games are extremely high IQ plays - you see that stuff from the Bergeron's and Datsyuk's not a typical forward just trying to play defense. I don't know if people know how much skill it takes to move to the right side of the puck and steal it while a guy is trying to shield it.
Point is so good.

Reactions: DFC

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Amazing that he still tipped the puck while lying down over Bishops shoulder. Amazing freaking goal.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yzerman still winning that Conacher - Bishop trade 5 years later.

Refs were once again a complete joke. It looked like the one in the corner was waiting to blow it once a Dallas player scored but when Domingue looked like a calendar girl for 10 seconds he thought: "better not make it too obvious, I should probably blow the whistle."

Miller has dynamite passing. Guy can make some plays. Killorn was trash in that overtime. How do you see Hedman and Stamkos down low, two guys above the goal line and somehow feel the need to drop down low leaving two guys wide open? That Harvard hockey IQ.

We need to be better defensively. A lot of our defenseman looked terrible tonight, including Stralman who did a split not even covering anybody on that 3rd goal off the back to back to back penalties. Hedman was bad as well. This needs to stop.

McDonagh is one guy, entering a team that can't play defense to save their lives, he's not going to be able to fix this in the blink of an eye. Back end needs to get it together. Quickly.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yzerman still winning that Conacher - Bishop trade 5 years later.

Refs were once again a complete joke. It looked like the one in the corner was waiting to blow it once a Dallas player scored but when Domingue looked like a calendar girl for 10 seconds he thought: "better not make it too obvious, I should probably blow the whistle."

Miller has dynamite passing. Guy can make some plays. Killorn was trash in that overtime. How do you see Hedman and Stamkos down low, two guys above the goal line and somehow feel the need to drop down low leaving two guys wide open? That Harvard hockey IQ.

We need to be better defensively. A lot of our defenseman looked terrible tonight, including Stralman who did a split not even covering anybody on that 3rd goal off the back to back to back penalties. Hedman was bad as well. This needs to stop.

McDonagh is one guy, entering a team that can't play defense to save their lives, he's not going to be able to fix this in the blink of an eye. Back end needs to get it together. Quickly.
What game were you watching?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Clown show league. Clock stops and the players are screaming at them about it, play on boys. Very clear goalie interference, play on boys. Domingue writhing in pain in the crease and actually waving at the ref to stop the play because he can't get up, play on boys.

f***ing Mickey Mouse bullshit league.

Reactions: Stammertime91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You'd think they would've learned after last season.

I think they did. They learned to get a big cushion in the standings and then coast down the stretch. Or at least that's what we've seen.

The guys who bring it on a nightly basis are the guys who weren't here for those deep runs. I think ever seen 2015, we've had an issue getting motivated for regular season games.

Reactions: JFleegs

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

lol that sequence was just so fail, then as he comes around the net he tips the puck to the guy he should've been covering. At least he didn't try to pass through 2 guys during his rush though - I was thinking to mytself he was going to turn it over if he tried to thread the needle to Stamkos.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I gotta side with Stammer time here. We really need to clean shit up. There's lack of talent then there's simply not having a clue. Now one endearing thing I noticed (particularly done by Erne) is that as soon as the puck got on a stick they just popped it out as if they went to the Randy Carlyle school of defense and I don't know if it's an adjustment by Bowness but it helped at least a little. McDonagh is in for A LOT of work once he gets here.

And Sustr. Andrej Sustr.

Don't ever play another game for us again

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Offensive is still amazing. Defense still needs work. Still much better than the pathetic Sabres effort.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think they did. They learned to get a big cushion in the standings and then coast down the stretch. Or at least that's what we've seen.

The guys who bring it on a nightly basis are the guys who weren't here for those deep runs. I think ever seen 2015, we've had an issue getting motivated for regular season games.
Agreed. I've given this team a pass for the lazy play recently because of where we are in the standings. Just a few more wins and we're safely in the playoffs. But that 1st in the Atlantic would be big for not having to play the Leafs or the Bruins in round one

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach

This is my exact thoughts, well summed up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->