Speculation: 2nd round. Who you want?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Last year Brook's defense was fantastic. He's pretty much on the same level defensively this year, maybe a bit better. But Woo is even better in my view. I think Brook's role in the NHL level will be more offensive.

I'd be absolutely thrilled with Topping too. We desperately need a player like him.

agreed on both as Brook is more offensive since he's so good at rushing the puck up ice and moving it in general.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I liked what Ray Ferraro said today when asked if the Habs should be using one or more of their picks to land a player they covet -- Ferraro was categorial -- the Habs should not trade any of the picks. Period.

I hope this is the way it plays out.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I liked what Ray Ferraro said today when asked if the Habs should be using one or more of their picks to land a player they covet -- Ferraro was categorial -- the Habs should not trade any of the picks. Period.

I hope this is the way it plays out.
I agree with him and I would be looking at adding more picks, another 1st is a must. I want more shots at getting something good. f*** the intangibles!!!!
Go for speed, skill, hockey IQ and talent.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
numbnuts will trade most of the picks for washed up bums with bad contracts, just wait and see.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
they're not using all 4 picks. Few teams do.

I think 4 picks in the 2nd is too much also. I would consider moving at least 2 if there is a a desired prospect in the mid-to-late first. Of course, those two would have to be ours and Chicago's, but depending who would be on their list (and ideally, syncs with mine, haha).

Reactions: ArsHabs

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Id rather keep the 4 2nd rounders or trade some for a 2019 picks.

Dominik Bokk
Ryan Mcleod
Ty Dellandrea
Ryan Merkley
Benoit Groulx
Jack Mcbain
Philip Kurashev

Reactions: Toene

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think 4 picks in the 2nd is too much also. I would consider moving at least 2 if there is a a desired prospect in the mid-to-late first. Of course, those two would have to be ours and Chicago's, but depending who would be on their list (and ideally, syncs with mine, haha).

I was afraid that this thread wouldn't go as deep into personal recommendations exactly for the reason you gave. A lot of you have lists that you won't share on account of your Fake Drafting Water Buffalo Lodge Extravaganza that you're participating in with other HFers and you'd all like to win the big prize, which is .001% greater storage for your HF PM account.

Please tell us when you're holding your fake draft so we can finally get a handle on what you are all really advocating. :sarcasm:

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I was afraid that this thread wouldn't go as deep into personal recommendations exactly for the reason you gave. A lot of you have lists that you won't share on account of your Fake Drafting Water Buffalo Lodge Extravaganza that you're participating in with other HFers and you'd all like to win the big prize, which is .001% greater storage for your HF PM account.

Please tell us when you're holding your fake draft so we can finally get a handle on what you are all really advocating. :sarcasm:

Haha, I didn’t want to say it but you got me. I got a master list of my top-60 I am hoping to make good use of when the big mock but other some of the obvious choices, I have been pretty coy here :sarcasm:

For those keeping track, the mock will probably start in a couple weeks, right after the lottery.

Here is a freebie though... Ryan McLeod will not be a top-10 pick. Sorry to disappoint.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Haha, I didn’t want to say it but you got me. I got a master list of my top-60 I am hoping to make good use of when the big mock but other some of the obvious choices, I have been pretty coy here :sarcasm:

For those keeping track, the mock will probably start in a couple weeks, right after the lottery.

Here is a freebie though... Ryan McLeod will not be a top-10 pick. Sorry to disappoint.

Well, W3K and The Great Schlemko went to some depths in this thread ... was that a covert operation? :sarcasm:

As for Ryan McLeod, what's the story between him and the Recrutes Mangler? I believe I've seen McLeod touted by the Mangler but am not sure.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well, W3K and The Great Schlemko went to some depths in this thread ... was that a covert operation? :sarcasm:

As for Ryan McLeod, what's the story between him and the Recrutes Mangler? I believe I've seen McLeod touted by the Mangler but am not sure.

The joke was more about McLeod getting drafted I believe 5th overall in the early mock. It caused such an outrage that for the first time I have ever seen, a mock pick had to be reversed because that pick was so outrageous.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

In all seriousness, my list probably isn’t far off from others. I think we all like the same groups of kids albeit maybe in different positions. Here’s my top-3 and I am hoping we get at least 1 of them with one of our four second rounders, barring a trade of course.

1. Dellandrea - one of the better centers in the draft. An all situations type of guy, strong work ethic (read: character). Very skilled overall and I think a steal if we can get him.

2. Sandin - great IQ, good offensive instincts. His skating and size is what I think will keep him in the second round, but he seemed to make some progression in this area since coming to the Soo.

3. Hillis - skilled, good skating and playmaking ability. I only started looking into him more past 2 months and I’m pretty impressed with what I’ve seen. Good enough to be my second favorite forward potentially around in the second.

Other notables for me are, in order, Berggren, Alexeyev, Hallander, McLaughlin and Fonstad.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
These are the 4 players i would like to see drafted
Ty Dellandrea
Cameron Hillis
Xavier Bernard
Sean Durzi

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Is there a chance that McLeod fall to 34th ? I would love us to get McLeod and Sandin with our first 2 2nd pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->