Confirmed with Link: 2nd round - #35OA - LW Sebastian Aho - Karpat (FIN)

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
We need ChuckW back to offset wallym.

If we just switch the guy with 0 goals with the other guy with 0 goals, and move the 3rd guy with 0 goals to the other side, I really think it'll jumpstart the offense! The other 3 guys with 0 goals are fine where they are.

Reactions: Identity404

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If we just switch the guy with 0 goals with the other guy with 0 goals, and move the 3rd guy with 0 goals to the other side, I really think it'll jumpstart the offense! The other 3 guys with 0 goals are fine where they are.

You're right. We should discuss nothing on this board instead. :dunno:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
You're right. We should discuss nothing on this board instead. :dunno:

Boooo! I'm not mocking line combination discussions, I'm mocking the awfulness of the team. We have 6 forwards with 0 goals in the lineup. Forwards 5 through 13 have 3 even strength goals in 9 games. How can you not have a laugh in the face of such futility?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Boooo! I'm not mocking line combination discussions, I'm mocking the awfulness of the team. We have 6 forwards with 0 goals in the lineup. Forwards 5 through 13 have 3 even strength goals in 9 games. How can you not have a laugh in the face of such futility?

:laugh: I do fully recognize the futility of this team, no doubt. It just came across as you mocking the line combination discussions so I was poking fun at that. No worries.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

We are tied for 14th in the NHL in GF/G, with Washington. So not utter futility, just not enough distribution of goals thru the lineup -- which is arguably one of the things the coaching staff is trying to fix.

(We are, on the other hand, 27th in GA/G.)

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
And we are 3rd in shot attempts against.

Interesting:

23th in Shots For Per Game Played
14th in Goals For Per Game Played

22nd in Shots Against Per Game Played
27th in Goals Against Per Game Played

So on offense, we're actually overperforming based on a pretty ****** number of shots for... and on defense, we're underperforming against a pretty ****** number of shots against.

This is Hurricanes Hockey!

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
We are tied for 14th in the NHL in GF/G, with Washington. So not utter futility, just not enough distribution of goals thru the lineup -- which is arguably one of the things the coaching staff is trying to fix.

Goalie error
Skater error
Great shot from opponent
Bad luck/bounce

If you were to allocate blame as a percent for the high GA/G through this point in the season, what would the numbers look like?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Interesting:

So on offense, we're actually overperforming based on a pretty ****** number of shots for... and on defense, we're underperforming against a pretty ****** number of shots against.

The other day, Adam and Joe had Forslund on and their opinions were very odd to me. Quick to shift blame from goaltending to defense, of all things. Gold said they were outshot EVERY GAME. It was pointed out on Twitter by (I believe) Stephen Goalbert that they've actually been outshot twice in eight games. I thought that was hilarious.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Interesting:

Where are you getting your SA/GP numbers? NHL.com stats show the Canes at #9 (best) in the league with 28.1. Stats.hockeyanalysis.com shows the Canes at #7 5v5 in SA/60.

Or by 22nd, do you mean in descending order?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Which means:

9th in Shots Against Per Game Played

Tough to make a more compelling case against the goaltending.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

Honestly, deep down inside, where do you think the Canes will finish GF/G in the NHL by the end of the season?

And there are worries Boom Boom. All sorts of worries.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Honestly, deep down inside, where do you think the Canes will finish GF/G in the NHL by the end of the season?

And there are worries Boom Boom. All sorts of worries.

I think top half is possible, maybe even reasonable. We've got more potential firepower on this roster than we've had in a long time.

But if we finish bottom five in GA/G, it won't matter.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Which means:

9th in Shots Against Per Game Played

Tough to make a more compelling case against the goaltending.

I didn't know Sebastion Aho turned into the whole team.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
When things get tight, the 5 Canes on the ice assemble into Sebastron.

A Giant Ahocalypse!

9e604a30-77d0-4848-a14b-3b67d5609f61.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad