2nd HF Chat Mock Draft, Completed

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jozef Balej said:
So, who's that Nick Pageau kid the Rangers drafted?

Some kid rated 201 overall in the final rankings by the CSB for NA skaters.

Who picked this kid?

Seriously, this is one of the worst picks I've seen.

How much thought went into this pick?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
"This undersized defenseman has made tremendous improvements to his overall game throughout the year. Although he lacks body mass and some strength, he has become one of Belleville’s most reliable rearguards. He plays consistently against the other teams’ best forwards and is currently a plus-12 on a mediocre Belleville team. He makes good decisions with the puck and knows how to keep the game simple. His time spent on the power play has also illustrated his offensive tendencies. The inability to bulk up may be more of a genetic issue, but he certainly doesn’t lack in work ethic, and he’s a coach’s favorite. Pageau came from the Tier 2 ranks in Hamilton last year and was projected to be a fourth or fifth D-man, but his play has him rising up our rankings very quickly. "

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Whoever is the Wild GM, you're head is now on the wall

Why? Sheppard and Vishnevsky are respectable picks. I wasn't there for the first pick but suggested Vishnevsky for the second. A power forward and offensive defensemen, whats not to like?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Jon Prescription said:
Some kid rated 201 overall in the final rankings by the CSB for NA skaters.

Who picked this kid?

Seriously, this is one of the worst picks I've seen.

How much thought went into this pick?

none, and i was embarassed by the lack of care at this pick. regardless of how much hate there is for the rangers, why run a mock like that? it seemed like noone cared that this mock drafter had it out for the rangers and purposely planned a poor, unheard of pick for them.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Balej's Dance said:
none, and i was embarassed by the lack of care at this pick. regardless of how much hate there is for the rangers, why run a mock like that? it seemed like noone cared that this mock drafter had it out for the rangers and purposely planned a poor, unheard of pick for them.

Oh, is that what it was?

Well whoever it was should be banned from doing something like this again.

Pathetic.

CH Wizard

The Nick Pageau pick was kinda like a joke. He didn't know who to pick and randomly chose from a list...I guess. I won't name any username cause I may get in trouble...

I took Wishart instead of Vishnevsky for the habs cause he's the whole package. I can bet that the habs will pick him cause he's from the WHL.

I took Berglund for Anaheim, I think he'd be a good fit for this organization. With Fedorov gone, it wouldn't hurt drafting a big, skilled center like Berglund.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jon Prescription said:
I'm glad the guy hasn't responded yet! Way to go!

I won't name him, but he also drafted for Buffalo. Admitted to not knowing a whole lot about the draft (but pulled out a name we might not see until round 3 anyways).

He let me pick Williams, so I was thrilled :jump:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->