2nd HF Chat Mock Draft, Completed

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
link to chat

Don't worry about picking teams in the thread, we'll pick teams when we get to the time and we're just going to go 1 round. Let's see how the turn out is, maybe we'll have to go the way we did the first time (hopefully not).

For THE mock draft (the big one with trades and stuff) we'll see how the finals shake up, but I'll post details on that later on, we'll go 3 or 4 rounds on that one, but I want to give people time to trade and such, so maybe we'll sign up between the conference finals and finals.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
postponed until Tuesday, unless we can get to 20 or so people

Last edited:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I hate the fact that I can't join the chat room anymore, I used to be a regular for mock drafts on HF Chat... :rant:

Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect :help:

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Duff88 said:
I hate the fact that I can't join the chat room anymore, I used to be a regular for mock drafts on HF Chat... :rant:

Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect :help:

You should try downloading mIRC instead of using the Java connection...

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Kyle Chipchura said:
You should try downloading mIRC instead of using the Java connection...

I can't join either on mIRC, it's not able to connect to the server (software caused connection abort); although it can connect to others like Usernet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1. St. Louis - Erik Johnson
2. Pittsburgh - Phil Kessel
3. Chicago - Jordan Staal
4. Washington - Jonathan Toews
5. Boston - Nicklas Backstrom
6. Columbus - Peter Mueller
7. NY Isles - Derrick Brassard
8. Phoenix - Michael Frolik
9. Minnesota - James Sheppard
10. Florida - Kyle Okposo
11. Los Angeles - Jiri Tlusty
12. Atlanta - Bobby Sanguinetti
13. Toronto - Chris Stewart
14. Vancouver - Bryan Little
15. Tampa Bay - Riku Helenius
16. Montreal - Ty Wishart
17. Minnesota - Ivan Vishnevsky
18. Colorado - Michael Grabner
19. Anaheim - Patrick Berglund
20. San Jose - David Fischer
21. NY Rangers - Nick Pageau
22. Philadelphia - Nigel Williams
23. Washington - Johnathan Bernier
24. Buffalo - Alex Vasyunov
25. New Jersey - Ben Strait
26. Calgary - Ben Maxwell
27. Dallas - Robert Nyholm
28. Ottawa - Mike Forney
29. Detroit - Artem Anismov
30. St. Louis - Corey Emmerton

If anyone wants to explain their picks, go ahead, I didn't put up handles on purpose

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
picked Nyholm because this is the style of pick Dallas makes a habit of making. Fairly safe pick. Id actually be quite surprised if the stars didnt try very hard to trade down here.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I picked Fischer for the Sharks because they don't exactly need much, and adding a multi-talented defenseman like Fischer, who they can let develop for a while, made sense for now, they can get back to forwards in the first round for another 6 years now. He strikes me as a Shark type player.

I picked Maxwell for Calgary because I think he has really turned a corner. Halfway through this year something really changed his approach for the better, he was dominant in the POs I thought, and had a stellar U18 tourny, he has a lot of offensive potential and that is what Calgary needs more than anything else right now.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
#4 Washington: C/RW Jonathan Toews
Labeled "safe" pick due to his strong defensive game, but i think his offensive potential is VASTLY underrated. Controls the puck very well in traffic, good skater, great hands, will be a very solid player to feed the puck to Ovechkin, and can finish as well.

#23 Washington: G Jonathan Bernier
Considered picking one of the solid twoway defenseman left on the board (Mitera, Summers), but with Bernier on the board the hole behind Kolzig was too big not to fill. His stock has plummeted recently, just because Helenius' has risen, and if he is available at #23 Washington will add their Kolzig relacement.

#6 Columbus: C Peter Mueller
This pick was fairly obvious, almost every mock has Mueller going to the Jackets. hey love CHLer's and they will love the rare combination of size and skill Mueller brings to the table. He will be a perfect big 2nd line C to go behind the diminutive Brule.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Canucks choose Little because they need a guy who they can look forward too. Little is dynamic and has potential to be a PPG guy in the future.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the way a big thanks to russian_fanatic and the great one who really circled the wagons and really wanted to make this happen even though it seemed like it took forever to finish, i had been resigned to postponing it

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
txomisc said:
picked Nyholm because this is the style of pick Dallas makes a habit of making. Fairly safe pick. Id actually be quite surprised if the stars didnt try very hard to trade down here.
Might be a decent pick for the Stars in the 2nd or 3rd round, but he's a hell of a reach in the 1st IMO.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Chaos said:
Might be a decent pick for the Stars in the 2nd or 3rd round, but he's a hell of a reach in the 1st IMO.
Yeah there were no trades in this mock draft and I couldnt really see the stars taking some of the higher rated guys who were still available. They really need to acquire a second round pick somehow.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
kruezer said:
I picked Fischer for the Sharks because they don't exactly need much

Which is why I think they would take Nigel Williams if he fell to them (I'd take him as high as 10). Yea, people don't like how raw he has shown to be on the ice but the Sharks have the patience to let him develop (put no pressure on Carle while he was in school). I think, under the right circumstances, Williams can turn into a top 4 guy. His size and skating ability would be a breath of fresh air for the Sharks defensive depth as well.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
WpgKings13 said:
#4 Washington: C/RW Jonathan Toews
Labeled "safe" pick due to his strong defensive game, but i think his offensive potential is VASTLY underrated. Controls the puck very well in traffic, good skater, great hands, will be a very solid player to feed the puck to Ovechkin, and can finish as well.

#23 Washington: G Jonathan Bernier
Considered picking one of the solid twoway defenseman left on the board (Mitera, Summers), but with Bernier on the board the hole behind Kolzig was too big not to fill. His stock has plummeted recently, just because Helenius' has risen, and if he is available at #23 Washington will add their Kolzig relacement.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

GREAT picks!

:clap:

Re:Mueller, how funny would it be if Columbus had both a small center who was too physical(injuries) and a big center who wasnt physical enough?

Last edited:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Yeah, I was debating whether to go with Fischer, Williams or my personal favourite Carl Sneep, I think both of them have extremely high potential if they put it all together, basically the only reason I took Fischer was that went I saw some highlights of his play, he just struck me as a Shark type of guy, I have no better reason than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->