2nd Favorite Eastern Conference Team

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Columbus, the Rangers 2.0.

Its hard not to root for several ex-Rangers who put a lot of heart into the game when they were here.

SupersonicMonkey*

If they never existed, assuming i still would've gotten into hockey, most likely Islanders because of their proximity to the Mets. I knew more about the Devils than i did about the Rangers when i started following hockey as a kid because of a fanatical Devils fan teacher in elementary school, and still couldn't bring my self to root for that team.

If they existed and moved/folded, the eventual Seattle team would be my new team.

Blue Seat Spartan

Permanent Vacation
Apr 24, 2012
Richmond County, NY
Montreal is my adoptive city, so I gravitate towards the Habs in the absence of the Blueshirts. Being a Yankee fan - OT, I know ;) - the Bruins were out of the question (It's an OBLIGATION to hate on Boston sports teams for me and my household). And interestingly, the Toronto Maple Leafs would be a parallel universe palette swap counterpart: Big city, Original Six club; you get the picture...

Dec 13, 2010
Columbus because I was always a big Rick Nash fan and then the trade sent two Rangers I loved over there.

Growing up Sergei Fedorov was my favorite non-Ranger. Unbelievably good player on both sides of the ice, one of those guys whose stats don't necessarily jump out at you but watching him makes you appreciate how great he was. For him alone I loved watching the Wings in the 90s. These days, not really any players I particularly like on that team, so stickin Columbus

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Here's a question:

1) Are there ANY Devils fans in NY (the city, Westchester, or Island)?
2) Are there ANY Isles fans in NYC/Westchester/CT or NJ?

SavedByLundqvist

Apr 30, 2013
Jersey Represent!
Realistically, if the Rangers never existed it would be the Devils. But I can't do that. So figuring that I always considered the Devils interlopers to the area anyway, I conceivably would have rooted for Hartford instead, and if I'm going to be a Whalers fan, might as well root for the Hurricanes.

Nice and logical!

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Lots of teams though if I had to choose one I'm going with Hartford, err, I mean Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad