Prospect Info: 25th Overall Riley Tufte

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Against Minnesota? Status as Best Minnesota Boy Ever now confirmed. Nill and McDonnell are geniuses.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Great to see him playing some hockey!!:handclap:

We need these 1st Rounders to come through BIG LEAGUE.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I like seeing the improvement out of Tufte. I hope he continues on this trend.

The guy I had highest on my list when we picked was Abramov. So far this season leading his team in points, besting the next best player on the team by 30 points.

He sits at 46 goals, 55 assists, 101 points. Up from last year's total of 93 points.

It will be interesting to track how he does in comparison to Tufte in the next few seasons.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I like seeing the improvement out of Tufte. I hope he continues on this trend.

The guy I had highest on my list when we picked was Abramov. So far this season leading his team in points, besting the next best player on the team by 30 points.

He sits at 46 goals, 55 assists, 101 points. Up from last year's total of 93 points.

It will be interesting to track how he does in comparison to Tufte in the next few seasons.

I'll save you some time: Abramov will have many more points in junior than Tufte will in the NCAA.

Just curious, what is the biggest area of improvement you've seen in Tufte?

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I'll save you some time: Abramov will have many more points in junior than Tufte will in the NCAA.

Just curious, what is the biggest area of improvement you've seen in Tufte?

I have a sneaky suspicion your are correct about point totals haha. It will be very telling what Abramov does at the next level, but right now edge Abramov over Tufte in a redraft. Abramov is outscoring his compatriots BIG LEAGUE to include 2nd Rounder, who is one year older that Abramov, Yakov Trenin, by almost 40 points, and right now he has about 50% more points that the next highest scorer on the team. Pretty impressive.

I haven't watched Tufte, so the biggest improvement that I have seen is in the fact that he went 14 games or so without a point, and went on about a .75 PPG pace in the second half of the season.

I do like what I hear about Tufte, but I will always gauge in large part on how it compares to who was available on the board without reaching too much. Abramov actually went MUCH later than expected. He was supposed to go 1st Round and dropped to the 3rd Round...probably due to Russian-factor and size.

Abramov aside, there were many other highly ranked prospects still on the board when we picked Tufte, some of which I have mentioned in the past. If Tufte makes it as an NHL player, but doesn't outperform most of those in his projected range that were still on the board, I wouldn't consider him a great pick. Time will tell.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
wait u mean hes 6"5 and he plays Front?

should we e-mail Jim Nill to let him know that his size could be better suited on Defense

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I saw the semi finals, my main impression of him was that he was good on the cycle, which was pretty much all UMD did all game long.

Beyond that, the only thing I came away thinking was that Joey Anderson is very good, should not have been drafted 49 slots behind Tufte.

Got the championship game recorded, looking forward to seeing him score.

I took a job in Thunder Bay (about 3 hours away from Duluth), so if Tufte stays for his sophomore year, I should get to see him in person a few times next year.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I saw the semi finals, my main impression of him was that he was good on the cycle, which was pretty much all UMD did all game long.

Beyond that, the only thing I came away thinking was that Joey Anderson is very good, should not have been drafted 49 slots behind Tufte.

Got the championship game recorded, looking forward to seeing him score.

I took a job in Thunder Bay (about 3 hours away from Duluth), so if Tufte stays for his sophomore year, I should get to see him in person a few times next year.

stop moving so far away from me :cry::cry::cry:

ginomini

May 25, 2014
What's going on with this guy ? Seems like he did not get better since his draft year ...(only stat watching)

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
What's going on with this guy ? Seems like he did not get better since his draft year ...(only stat watching)
tenor.gif

If in 2-3 years Tufte still hasn't done anything we can call him a bust but not half a year after the draft. It was a late first rounder and that point there are no guarantees of anything.
42b.gif

jk love you serp

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad