Prospect Info: 25th Overall Riley Tufte

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Anyone over Campbell would be better. I like Fabbri and was hoping we'd take him, but im still very happy with Honka. As for Gurianov its still early and he does lool like he'll be in the NHL, whether hes a top 6 or bottom 6 is another question.

Tufte I dont know anymore. Its hard to watch other players doing well that were picked after him, but hes still very young. Nill should have traded back 4-6 spots and grabbed an extra pick, probably still could have gotten Tufte

It sucks not having a prospect of ours being some kind of an impact at the world Jr's

I was still very pleased with the Honka pick. I had him ranked 12th, and the move made sense because we needed a righty D in our system badly at the time. Who knows? Honka vs. Fabbri could be an interesting debate in a few years, and possibly for a long time coming if Honka develops into a top pairing D. Nonetheless, I thought at the time, and still do think that Fabbri was less the risky with just as much upside or more than Honka.

Gurianov will be a player for us, but Barzal would be the heir apparent to Spezza for #2C, with the potential to perhaps one day be a #1C. To me that's hard to pass up.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Overall, what is the record of Minnesota's "Mr. High School Hockey" actually starring in the NHL? I think its pretty small, sort of like the Hobey Baker winners tending to be flops, or Heisman Trophy winners not panning out as much as you might think.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Overall, what is the record of Minnesota's "Mr. High School Hockey" actually starring in the NHL? I think its pretty small, sort of like the Hobey Baker winners tending to be flops, or Heisman Trophy winners not panning out as much as you might think.

Who cares tho

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Anybody who thinks there is a causal relationship between those two things is somebody I am glad does not work for the Stars.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
In all the excitement of tonight's game, I almost forgot to congratulate Riley on scoring his first goal of the year the other night.

I have absolutely no confidence. err um, I mean, I have the utmost confidence that this was a good pick :)

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

Ryan McDonagh
Nick Leddy
Nick Bjugstad
Kyle Rau
Grant Besse - great for his stature
Justin Kloos
Paul Martin- way back

hit or miss yes, but glad to see Tufte hopefully getting used to college hockey.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It's important to note that Tufte did his work against North Dakota, so he is a very good boy indeed. Among the best boys of all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad