21-Team Joinable NHL Re-Draft

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
It's okay, you can keep him with your next pick (unless Winnipeg wants him).

Also, any takers for :bruins and :hawks? Due to excessive skips, we're finding new GMs for them. I'll take one of them if need be, but no matter what I'll need a GM for one of them.

Alternatively, instead of permanently replacing them, we could have people sign up to just make up their skipped picks.

Yeah once no one PMed me at least 6-7 rounds in a row I forgot about this game. Appreciate the effort to run it but PM's need to be sent for a healthy game. When someone is MIA, PM them and see if they quit or they just weren't getting PM's :nod:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Thanks Tech, real cool to see the sim.

Glad to see my Hawks are destroying:laugh::handclap:

Like the 9-0 start but someone needs to tell Ty Barrie to pass more ;)

Yeah a CPU trade list would be nice, want to see if my CPU GM makes a dumb trade :popcorn:

Ermo20

Feb 29, 2016
South Carolina
Yeah once no one PMed me at least 6-7 rounds in a row I forgot about this game. Appreciate the effort to run it but PM's need to be sent for a healthy game. When someone is MIA, PM them and see if they quit or they just weren't getting PM's :nod:

You just weren't getting PMs? I think I remember having to make an announcement or two about PMs, after some people weren't getting any, so I guess some people in this group just weren't PMing the next person.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
You just weren't getting PMs? I think I remember having to make an announcement or two about PMs, after some people weren't getting any, so I guess some people in this group just weren't PMing the next person.

Yeah.. you can ask almost anyone from GM Games or HFVan, im extremely reliable when it comes to these. I appreciate the effort to run it!

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Thank you Tech.
I can't even begin to imagine the time this took.

Let's go islanders !!!!!

PM sent to Paneerboy - Toronto
And Hoagie - Detroit

Tried Calgary but his mailbox is full.
If you guys check in spread the word , send a couple PM's

Happy Easter all.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Sorry for the hasty entry. I have some graphics ready to post, I'm just in the middle of some running around. But I will finish this post asap.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I'm going to be hasty again at the moment, multi-tasking. But I will be periodically posting some more stuff for the next lil bit.

Dec 1st Standings - Divisional
http://imgur.com/qh3bueu
East

http://imgur.com/Ow8tCxa
West

Conference:
http://imgur.com/l3XOpYX
West

http://imgur.com/wVONRJk
East

League-wide Trade Log Sept. 1st-Dec. 1st

It is broken up into sequential parts, it also includes free-agent signings.

http://imgur.com/jwNi813
http://imgur.com/EvZ8eQp
http://imgur.com/jKraRyh
http://imgur.com/7DXjVUB

So honestly, not so bad. If you are confused about Adam Larsson, I was attempting to combat that trade before giving up.

Hossa is probably the biggest asset traded.

Also... LMAO, so Chicago is leading the league... AND they are the only team to sign a contract extension thus far... To Panarin... For 1 season at $1.7M. That's like an exaggeration of reality that only Bowman could pull off.

Also, can you post the rest of the attendance figures? I want to see how many people are showing up at The Ermo Dome :laugh:

http://imgur.com/QTkyyrL
http://imgur.com/KqifRSv

Could definitely be a lot better... But they are fairly ahead of several other teams. Haha, they seem to pull particularly big crowds whilst away... Wonder if that's because fans expect to witness a victory. :P

Last edited:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Apologies for any differences (particularly actual roster differences, as opposed to just different line combos).

Rosters as of Dec 4th

Here are a few of the current line-ups being iced. Note that not seeing one player doesn't mean they haven't played all year... Different guys are scratched at different times. At the end of 2016/Jan 1st, I will post every one's roster as well as full team stats and individual player stats for any one who has posted in this thread since I started posting the sims' teams. So if I missed your team in this post, I promise it's coming with a more complete breakdown soon.

New Jersey Devils:

http://imgur.com/BibwBN8

For comparison:

Brandon Saad - Derek Stepan - Nikita Kucherov [Marchand - Koivu - Kuch]
Brad Marchand - Alex Galchenyuk - Mats Zuccarello [Saad - Stepan - Bennet]
Conor Sheary - Mikko Koivu - Jannik Hansen [Jansen - Galch - Zucc]
Sven Baertschi - Markus Granlund - Anton Rodin [Baer - Gran - Sheary]

So, it seems like you have Beau Bennet instead of Anton Rodin.. Not bad lol. TBH I sorta like both line-ups. Tho I'm not so sure about Marchand's strategic utilization.

Zach Werenski - Christopher Tanev [Greene - Martinez]
Andy Greene - Alec Martinez [Helgeson - Tanev]
Mike Matheson - Nikita Zaitsev [Werenski - Matheson]

Craig Anderson [Same goalie tandem]
Calvin Pickard

Looks like Zaitsev gone for Helgeson.

I had a look, and both Rodin & Zaitsev are still with the NJD. Zaitsev is on the trading block, he has posted:
5 assists (5 pts) in 12 games, 6 PIM, +4. He was only scratched for the last game, before that he was playing pretty consistently. It looks like he had a really poor showing though. He has been playing monster minutes, no less than 21 mins all year. Up to 25 mins once or twice, a couple 24s.

Matheson is currently on the line-up, but it seems he has only played 10 games.

Rodin, like Zaitsev just recently got scratched... He has only been getting up to 8 mins or so per night, one game was just shy of 4 min... 14 games, 1 goal, 3 assists, 4 pts, avg. TOI: 6:23.

NYI:

http://imgur.com/a/Q9eG0

Mike Hoffman - John Tavares (C) - Cam Atkinson [Hoff - John - Cam]
J.T. Miller - Leon Draisaitl - Jakob Silfverberg [Ritchie - Nielsen - Drai]
Antoine Roussel - Frans Nielsen - Sam Gagner [Roussel - Bozak - Silfverberg]
Nick Ritchie - Tyler Bozak - Ryan Reaves [Miller - Prince - Gagner]

Reaves swapped out with Prince. Again, not bad.

Roman Josi (A) - Kevin Shattenkirk [Phaneuf - Shatty]
Andrei Markov (A) - Justin Schultz [Markov - Josi]
Dion Phaneuf - David Savard [Mayfield - Schultz]

Savard & Reaves are both still with NYI. Savard has a great stat line actually, 18 games, 3 goals, 9 assists, for 12 pts. Mayfield has 10 games. It looks like he's just been scratched now and then, and it looks like his last game was an ugly one.

Reaves has 10 games, Alan Quine has 9, and Shawn Prince has 5. Seems he is playing the bulk out of the three, barely. But it seems like there is a lot of switching around there. All other forwards have played the full 23 games, except Roussel only has 14 GP.

Overall, it seems like your roster is pretty well in tact. Oh, and Greiss is gone lol.

EDM:

http://imgur.com/a/fZ625

Rickard Rakell - Jack Eichel - Marian Hossa [Helm - Eichel - Hossa]
Max Domi - Jason Spezza - Jeff Carter [Domi - Carter - Shaw]
Ryan Dzingel - Darren Helm - Andrew Shaw [Rakell - Spezza - Beck]
Timo Meier - Chris Tierney - Joonas Donskoi [Donskoi - Tierney - Meier]

Again, pretty well the same roster, lines def different though. Dzingel is still a member of EDM. He only has 8 games played though. Slepyshev has 14 GP. And Taylor Beck who is currently in the line-up has 12 GP... Beck is currently on the trade block.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Michael Stone [OEL - Buff]
Andrej Sekera - Dustin Byfuglien [Sekera - Klein]
Brady Skjei - Kevin Klein [Skjei - Gryba]

It seems like roughly the same amount of alterations for each team (at least of these 3) so far, so that's kinda promising. At least things remained semi-balanced.

Gryba for Stone... Hum. Stone has 17 GP, 2-6-8 stat line. Not sure why he has been sharing time with Gryba, but Gryba has the remaining 9. All the rest of the D have played a full season.

...Wait a second, I thought Hossa was traded. That's good news for EDM. One of two things happened here I feel like. 1: This was one of the trades I reversed in the off-season, and it stuck. That, or, maybe the no-trade actually does work but it requires a day to pass and then the trade is reversed. I am leaning towards the prior, but I will confirm when I'm less tired.

Here is an EDM Trade:
http://imgur.com/a/DvHyL
Besides players being called-up/sent down to the AHL, this is the only real transaction all year for EDM, and it has no effect on the Oilers.

Ben Bishop [Same]
Chad Johnson

FYI: Those ice-time values are merely the coach's goals. And they only apply to 5-on-5, as well. So players utilized on special teams more will have much higher ice time in choppier games, etc.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
NYR (PHILLY in the draft AKA ME lol):
http://imgur.com/a/YS5gI

Mike Cammalleri - Tyler Seguin - Wayne Simmonds [Schwartz - Seg - Simmer]
Jaden Schwartz - Victor Rask - Anthony Mantha [Cammy - Stas - Clutter]
Vinnie Hinostroza - Paul Stastny - Lee Stempniak [Harts - Cizi - Stemp]
Scott Hartnell - Casey Cizikas - Cal Clutterbuck [Hino - Rask - Mantha]

Wow, so my roster is still identical up front. Hmm. So, I reversed a Stempniak trade in the off-season. I think this answers my Hossa question. From the looks of it, I was thrown-off by the persistence to trade Adam Larsson. But maybe most trades won't happen like that if reversed. And while there was a number of pre-season trades, there have only been like 4 trades league wide since the start of the season. I am going to attempt to reverse them all 1 time each. If they hold, they hold. If not, we will let them rock for now. I will recap my changes in a follow-up post ASAP.

Karl Alzner - Kris Letang [Alzner - Letang]
Xavier Ouellet - Sami Vatanen [Summers - Vatanen]
Samuel Morin - Troy Stecher [Morin - McIllrath]

Cory Schneider [same tandem]
Antti Raanta

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I just sent Mike Fisher back to Calgary from Buffalo, and Oskar Klefbom back to Buffalo from Calgary.
I will update if this 'takes' or if either team trades either guy again. What I really hope is that I don't inadvertently trigger a cascade of other unwanted trades.

Toronto traded away both Bjugstad & Stralman for picks... To Tampa & Buffalo respectively.

I am going to send them both back to Toronto. Lol, Josh Leivo has played all 24 games so far this season... I am going to clear his contract status to free agent to clear roster space for Bjugstad. Several diff d-men have been playing (like Connor Carrick), but currently Travis Dermott is playing. I am going to send him to free agency as well, and send Stralman back.

I will be saving this as a separate data batch in case this does more harm than good, so I can always return to before these switches... Well, minus Fisher/Klefbom, I only just thought to do this now.

Okay... So Bjugstad is being returned from Tampa to Toronto. This is why Tampa is doing decent, and what I was a bit afraid of. The scrap teams trading picks for good players. Tampa acquired both Bjugstad and Frolik (from Calgary) with picks.

Stralman sent back to Tor. I didn't make any changes to BUF besides sending Stralman back. They only lost a pick in the trade.

Frolik sent back to Cgy. Hunter Shinkaruk has appeared in all 26 games for Cgy... I am going to send him to free agency to make room for Frolik.

Does any one care if I don't send Mike Smith/Greiss back to their teams? :/ I will if requested, it's not an issue.

I am not attempting to trade Adam Larsson back for reasons already stated.

Nsh acquired Marc Staal for a draft pick. I am sending him back to PIT. I am sending Dan Giradi back to free agency to make room for Staal, as he has played the full season for PIT.

Dallas acquired Jori Lehtera from Philly (NYR in this draft game) for a draft pick. I am sending him back to Philly (NYR lol, not me). It looks like Petr Straka & Laughton have split the time in his absence. I am going to send Straka to free agency as he is currently dressed to make room for Lehtera.

The Red Wings had Dylan Olsen play the full season thus far. I am sending him to free agency, and sending Alexei Emelin back from Arizona. Arizona acquired him for a draft pick. Make that sent back from Tuscon Roadrunners. AZ had sent him down to the AHL.

Cody Eakin was traded 3 times despite my reversals, so same story as with Larsson. I won't be sending him back to Chicago.

Mike Green is the same story... So I won't be trading him back to Washington. Note that those 3 players WILL all be sent back to their respective teams as soon as the trade deadline comes and passes.

And lastly, DeKeyser was traded to the HFB Ducks for a draft pick. I am sending him back to MTL. I am sending Jonathan Racine, who has played in all of MTLs games this season to free agency to make space for DeKeyser.

Transactions Recap:
As of a quarter way into the NHL season, all trades have been reversed (scratches/ahl demotions not withstanding) with the exceptions of Adam Larsson, Mike Green, and Cody Eakin. I will update after 1 week of sim time to see how things hold up.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Okay, so Stralman didn't last 24 hours before being traded again. Tampa picked him up again for another draft pick. So add him to the list of exceptions 'till trade deadline.

Also, I tweaked every single team's contracts a little bit to bring them comfortably within cap compliance range again. So that the AI won't do this themselves via transactions.

Finally time to resume SIM.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Non-trade related...

Peter DeBoer, Coach of SJS is on the chopping block.

Panarin is on a 5 game goal scoring streak.

Randy Carlyle of the HFB Ducks is on the chopping block.

Well... 1 week later, and great/promising news. :)

Besides Stralman, no other trades have been made. All other reversals have stuck.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Jan 1st, 2017

Lindy Ruff is on the chopping block in Dallas.

Stamkos is riding a 12 game points streak.

I don't normally report hat tricks unless I find them notable... Well, Jagr with a hat trick.

He's now got 19 goals on the year, 35 GP, 19 G, 13 A, 32 PTS. Unreal. In a season that has seen one player retire (I forget who, but he was selected by one of y'all I think, he is on the transactions picture I posted any who), lol Jagr is nearly PPG...

Remember when I said a while ago Gerard Gallant was on the chopping block? It's official, he has been fired. Don Jackson was hired to replace him.

Stamkos streak ended at 12 games.

Wow, Doug Wilson, Sharks GM is on the chopping block too.

In International play news, Belarus won the Div-I A U20.
Poland won the Div-I B U20.
Romania won the Div-II A U20.

Bob Murray, HFB GM is on the chopping block. Lol, man, all these nerfed teams outside our 21 are having a lot of potential firings.

And it's official, HFB Ducks fire Randy Carlyle. Ron Rolston hired to replace him.

Shane Doan hits the 1,500 GP milestone.

The big boys in the World Jrs have begun.

A Player Poll was announced:
Best Skater: Johnny Hockey, Winnipeg Jets

Hardest Shot: OEL, Edmonton Oilers

Smartest: Sidney Crosby, Quebec Nordiques (COL)

Toughest: Matt Borowiecki, Ottawa Senators

Fastest: Carl Hagelin, Buffalo Sabres

Best role model: Henrik Zetterberg, Washington Capitals

Cleanest: Lauri Korpikoski, Dallas Stars

Toughest goalie to beat: Carey Price, Detroit Red Wings

Coach you'd most like to play for: Mike Babcock, Toronto Maple Leafs

Sharks GM Doug Wilson officially relieved of his position. Bruce Hamilton hired as new GM.

Braden Holtby is awarded goalie of the month (November) with a season stat line of:
29 GP
2.26 GAA
.912 SV%
8 SO
16-11-8

Wow... Not a great wins-loss record, but half of his wins apparently featured a shutout. Odd.

Stamkos is DESTROYING the league. Player of the month honors again. Season stat line:
38 GP
24 G
28 A
52 PTS
32 PIM
+24

I will post soon with a ton of details on every team, league stats, etc.

For now though, as of Jan 1st:

Washington Capitals are leading the Eastern Conference.
35 GP
26-7-2 for 54 PTS
3-1 in S/O
Goal DIF of +50
15-2-1 Home Record

Philly (NYR in our game, not me) is tied but has 38 GP. PIT is 1 point behind both, but also has 38 GP.

Chicago is doing absurdly good in the West, and still leading the league overall.
39 GP
30-6-3 63 PTS
0-2 in S/O
Goal DIF of +76
19-2-0 Home Record

Edmonton is next to bat with 57 pts in 38 games.

Colorado aka Nordiques have 56 pts in 36 games.

HFB Ducks had their best month on record... And have "improved" to 8-30-0. Lmao.
Sporting a goal differential of -81.
Home Record is 6-10-0...
Away record is 2-20-0

The funniest stat??? They are 3-0 in the shoot out! Which defies explanation.

Corey Perry has a narrow goal scoring lead in the rocket race.
Jamie Benn has a narrow lead in the assist race.
Steven Stamkos has a comfortable Art Ross lead. 52 pts, next closest is Sidney Crosby with 45. Bergeron has kept up his insane offense, with 43. Tarasenko with 41.

Brad Marchand continues to lead the league in PIMs. 127. Next closest is Tom Wilson with 113, and Adam McQuaid with 110. Shawn Thornton 97... Cody McLeod with 89. Marcus Foligno with 79... Racine with 67... Wow. Marchand is really racking them up.

Whaaat.
Tech Noir of HFB Ducks is in the top-10 for shot blocking. Lol, I suppose they allow so many dang shot attempts against them though.

Ryan Kesler is the league leader in the face-off dot still.

Between the pipes, Steve Mason of Vancouver is actually sporting 9 shut outs to lead in that category.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Bump

Just keeping this relevant .
Come on Tech Noir, we need more!!!!!!
And thank you

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I can't believe I had Doughty ahead of Karlsson just a few months ago.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Haha, I probably would have had the same.

Soo. I wanted to make it clear I'm not salty or some thing and have no reason to be. I'm just commenting. For the amount of time put in relative to the amount of interest (seems relatively limited) I decided I am just going to sim right to the end of season, and do one big post then. And then again at the conclusion of the play-offs. If any one requests full details for their team (lines, tactics used, all individual stats, etc, etc, I can give it - corsi and fenwick and stuff included). But if no one requests, I won't be adding that much detail.

BTW, thanks Spark.

Conclusion of the regular season
Firings
GMs and Coaches of the non-21 teams are getting fired left and right, on account of losing all their star players and having losing records that would make the 16-17' Avalanche feel pity.

March Player of the Month
Taylor Hall was awarded player of the month, and finished the season with 90 pts in 82 games. Roberto Luongo was awarded goalie of the month, finishing the season with 65 GP, a 1.95 GAA & and .917 SV% with 12 S/Os.

Points Streak
John Carlson managed to put together a 12-game point streak (10-game assist streak) down the stretch.

Horrible decisions
Ummmm. So apparently virtual Benning is an idiot... Hampus Lindholm was not even offered a contract extension.

Final Standings
Remind you, I am The Rangers. And the person who picked the Rangers for this draft, is The Flyers. Our rosters were accidentally switched when they were first constructed.

http://imgur.com/a/PeV8U

I will update this post later today or tomorrow with the conference and division separated standings and a bit more general stats and info. This post right now is bare bones.

Final Stat Leaders
http://imgur.com/a/gBlkz

Top 32 Corsi Rel
http://imgur.com/a/z3TTu

Playoffs
So my Flyers (Rangers in-sim) were beaten by Detroit in 5. The flyers-in sim, Rangers in our game got up to a 3-1 series lead, winning games 1, 2, and 4. But PIT managed to catch-up and win game 7. Major come-back.

Heh, nice. Round 2... Pit vs Wsh. Game 7. Wsh wins.
The Nordiques beat Chicago in 5.

Round 3:
Colorado 3-2 series lead over Edmonton;
Detroit 3-2 series lead over Washington.

Washington won by a margin of 7-1 in one of those games though!

Washington wins in 6.
Wow. Edmonton beat Colorado 6-1 to force game 7, but lost 2-1.

And soooo we have our finalists. Quebec vs Detroit. Pretty neat to be the Colorado Franchise vs Detroit for an early 90s theme. Sort of a few years down the road predictor. Also a match that could not have happened since this sim is using the format of Detroit in the East.

Damn. Detroit swept Colorado.

So the winning roster is
Max Pacioretty (4.5M)- Joe Pavelski (6M) - James Neal (5M)
Tomas Hertl (3M) - Dylan Larkin (0.925M) - Kyle Okposo (6M)
Andrew Cogliano (3M) - Derick Brassard (5M) - David Backes (6M)
Pierre-Luc Dubois (0.925M) - Dylan Strome (0.894M) - Gabe Vilardi

Shayne Gostisbehere - T.J. Brodie (4.65M)
Brian Dumoulin (0.8M) - Zach Bogosian (5.143M)
Alexei Emelin - Julius Honka (0.863M)

Carey Price (6.5M)
Kari Lehtonen (5.9M)

defeating:

Taylor Hall - Sidney Crosby - Jordan Eberle
Andre Burakovsky - Nazem Kadri - Bobby Ryan
Leo Komarov - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Joel Ward
Alexandre Burrows - Connor Brown - Anthony Duclair

Ivan Provorov - Justin Faulk
Ryan Murray - Adam Larsson
Keith Yandle - Anthony DeAngelo

Corey Crawford
James Reimer

Ermo20

Feb 29, 2016
South Carolina
Wow. Nice job Detroit!

So I guess my virtual Penguins are the chokers in this, not the Capitals :laugh:

And nice job with all this Tech. Doesn't look like there are too many people interested in this but I'd like to see full details for the Pens.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks guys, if a couple ppl enjoyed it, then it was worthwhile. :) yeah, I was surprised by Hornqvist!

I will post both of your teams' breakdowns soon.

I also forgot to see conn smythe and other awards.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Wow so my team absolutely destroys with presidents trophy and 60 wins!'
Then we get knocked out by the lowest seed Quebec in 5 games??? lol what ea

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Do my guys know theyre playing the 90s trap with mass clutch and grab ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad