GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh lord we're going to have to deal with Neville putting over Enzo

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean its not gonna change much... you'll have him on raw too.
i guess the whole roster will hate him now.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Enzo isn't a great worker.. but if you want people to care about the division - this is going to help. Just look at the reaction and the crowd involvement he had last night. That was more than the entire show combined since the CWC.

Enzo, like it or not, is a casual fan masterpiece and merch mover. Hopefully he learns to work considering that he'll get to work every single wrestler in 205 who are above average or better.

I'm not a huge Enzo fan, but this is really good for 205 Live.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The point of 205 was to be a work-rate show. They botched that right away by putting bog standard crapy WWE storylines on it, putting Enzo on it just makes it worse. That isn't a good thing, it just makes it more of the same and people don't want that. If they wanted it then they'd be watching the main roster shows.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The point of 205 was to be a work-rate show. They botched that right away by putting bog standard crapy WWE storylines on it, putting Enzo on it just makes it worse. That isn't a good thing, it just makes it more of the same and people don't want that. If they wanted it then they'd be watching the main roster shows.
Do you believe that? I don't.

Enzo is a good thing because Vince was probably going to future endeavour a bunch of these guys soon.

And everyone knows me as the biggest workrate guy in this sub. So for me to say that means something.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I co-sign with putting Enzo on 205 live. You had nothing for him on the main roster, and the division isn't over enough based on the workrate. Also doesn't help that it's on after Smackdown, but going with the assumption that Enzo is over enough to bring more eyeballs in, and will get people talking about it. He sucks as a wrestler, but Vince believes that the character will be more important as long as you have 5 moves that look good when you do them.

Couldn't tell you what Enzo's 5 moves are, though. I think he can do a hurricarana?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I agree that putting Enzo here is an 'improvement' for WWE, but I still stand by the fact that the show has far too many issues and that Enzo is just adding to them. The kind of show that it should be isn't one that I believe WWE would ever be able to actually produce.

They had a great start with the CWC, but the instant it became 205 live it good turned into a generic WWE show, except purple. That's the problem, WWE can only do WWE.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I co-sign with putting Enzo on 205 live. You had nothing for him on the main roster, and the division isn't over enough based on the workrate. Also doesn't help that it's on after Smackdown, but going with the assumption that Enzo is over enough to bring more eyeballs in, and will get people talking about it. He sucks as a wrestler, but Vince believes that the character will be more important as long as you have 5 moves that look good when you do them.

Couldn't tell you what Enzo's 5 moves are, though. I think he can do a hurricarana?

I didn't watch this yet buttttt;

EDIT: He's probably got enough moves to get by. It's going to rely more on how well he can learn to sell and take heat. A lot of those moves are good desperation moves and great for hope spots. Working with this talent will be great for him if he's willing to learn.

I agree that putting Enzo here is an 'improvement' for WWE, but I still stand by the fact that the show has far too many issues and that Enzo is just adding to them. The kind of show that it should be isn't one that I believe WWE would ever be able to actually produce.

They had a great start with the CWC, but the instant it became 205 live it good turned into a generic WWE show, except purple. That's the problem, WWE can only do WWE.
Cruiserweight show could have been huge and then moved people up to the main roster much like NXT. They should should tapings like NXT/GFW and have it as a weekly show, much like 205 Live.

No one stays after Smackdown for 205 Live. On top of that, the casuals are not going to watch 205 Live on the Network. And the hardcore fans aren't watching because the awful crowd kills the mood.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Enzo would be fantastic as a mouthpiece/manager in 205. Him as a wrestler is a very bad idea. I know they are punishing him but like every one of their punishment bookings the fans end up being the ones really punished.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Enzo would be fantastic as a mouthpiece/manager in 205. Him as a wrestler is a very bad idea. I know they are punishing him but like every one of their punishment bookings the fans end up being the ones really punished.
How?

The show was likely gong to be cancelled sooner or later.

Enzo, despite the hate, is incredibly over. That is only good for people staying after Smackdown.

They should introduce Tag Titles as well and have teams like Lucha Dragons run a division.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Depends how long some of these contracts go if they get cancelled or not. Some of these guys like Swann and Alexander can credibly spin off into tag teams on the main roster.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Depends how long some of these contracts go if they get cancelled or not. Some of these guys like Swann and Alexander can credibly spin off into tag teams on the main roster.
Bingo. Use it as another "Indy promotion" like NXT. It would get more viewers for sure. They could have PPVs every once in awhile.

Really they could almost make it a competing brand to NXT.

As a WWE show... Its slightly higher than Main Event. As an NXT product with NXT writing - it's must see Tab.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If they did kill the show off, I wonder who they'd keep around. Most of the guys have some amount of value as the original CWC was an international tournament, and that leans well towards tokenism that WWE like. And looking down the roster there really isn't anyone I'd want to get rid of.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How?

The show was likely gong to be cancelled sooner or later.

Enzo, despite the hate, is incredibly over. That is only good for people staying after Smackdown.

They should introduce Tag Titles as well and have teams like Lucha Dragons run a division.
The problem with 205 Live is that the whole point of a cruiserweight division is to have great matches. Instead it's small guys doing generic WWE TV matches. It doesn't take a genius to see the problem. And as I said he would be fantastic as a manager. If they had him do that it would be a plus. But putting him in the ring in 205 when he's probably the worst worker on the entire main roster is a very bad idea.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not against ending 205 Live either.

Alexander/Swann can be a tag team, Nese/Gulak, Dar/???, and then Neville, Gallagher and Tozawa can be in the main programs (Tozawa/Crews can even team up).

I know they won't scrap the entire division but it's failed, largely due to them really not doing anything that we can't see 220+ lb guys like Rollins, Styles, Joe, Reigns, etc. do.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The problem with 205 Live is that the whole point of a cruiserweight division is to have great matches. Instead it's small guys doing generic WWE TV matches. It doesn't take a genius to see the problem. And as I said he would be fantastic as a manager. If they had him do that it would be a plus. But putting him in the ring in 205 when he's probably the worst worker on the entire main roster is a very bad idea.
If they're working WWE style matches whats the problem with a mediocre worker joining the fray?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The quality of the matches on 205 Live is absolutely fine. Their main events of the show, especially when it's something to blow off a feud (and thus get a PPV build), are often very good. Rich Swann vs. Neville in January, Brian Kendrick vs. Akira Tozawa Street Fight, Noam Dar vs. Rich Swann (before they brought in Sasha and Foxy for the mixed tag), and Cedric Alexander vs. Noam Dar I Quit Match were all excellent matches.

Most of the characters sucked, and were really bad in the beginning, and it conditioned fans to not care about what happens to them then, and have never gotten past it. They also do a terrible job on Raw promoting them and making you want to go out of your way to tune in on Tuesday night. You can't do a 4-minute match on Raw in one segment and expect a whole division to get over.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I agree with this - think I said it earlier in the thread too. I just don't know how many people are going to suddenly start tuning into 205 Live cause a guy with a few catchphrases is gonna wrestle some worse than mediocre matches.

I'll admit I'm wrong if they can make it work, but I don't think very many people want to see Enzo Amore wrestle - even going back to NXT days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad