205 Live Thread - how you doin?

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
For whatever reason I've now seen every episode of this rarely watched brand. Lately they really have hit a groove with having a match each episode that's ppv quality. Anyone else watch all that often? 205 live has its obvious flaws but I'm enjoying it lately.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They definitely go out and work hard. They don't get great writing, and their spots on Raw absolutely never help them. They get 3-4 minute matches on Raw which is basically an infomercial for the show the next night.

For this week they promoted Sasha being on the show, but it's not like she did anything. She entered, she ripped out Foxy's hair extensions, and that was it. Those who already watch the show probably weren't impressed since they've already seen Noam Dar and Rich Swann blow off their feud.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're not served well by the crowds either. When they did the taping in Philly at Raw before Christmas, the crowd was alive for that one. Dead crowds make it look not cool.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
They definitely go out and work hard. They don't get great writing, and their spots on Raw absolutely never help them. They get 3-4 minute matches on Raw which is basically an infomercial for the show the next night.

For this week they promoted Sasha being on the show, but it's not like she did anything. She entered, she ripped out Foxy's hair extensions, and that was it. Those who already watch the show probably weren't impressed since they've already seen Noam Dar and Rich Swann blow off their feud.

The Sasha stuff was whatever, mainly felt bad for her haha though I think it would be interesting to throw a few women's matches on the show. Maybe post women's tourney??

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Sasha stuff was whatever, mainly felt bad for her haha though I think it would be interesting to throw a few women's matches on the show. Maybe post women's tourney??

I think the women might get their own spot. Looking back on it, in an industry where women often sell themselves on looks, yapping about each other's hair extensions doesn't have a great look, but I think both have been doing well given what they have to work it. Mixed tag is whatever, but you have two good cruiserweights, at least one good woman. They'll do ok. They're just buying time for Sasha until SummerSlam.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Wouldn't make any sense. You don't brand an entire show around a division and then put different things on it.

If the show as more like the CWC, a more sports like presentation and all that, then you could branch out more. But at that point you are selling the format and not the division, so everything is different.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I have been watching it pretty much every week although I missed the past couple weeks due to just being too tired to stay up for it. I enjoy watching it, the wrestling is solid and you see some pretty unique stuff there. There's unfortunately not much story going on I feel like though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You'd just be making a new WWE Superstars then, except you're exposing the new women before they're ready.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I have been watching it pretty much every week although I missed the past couple weeks due to just being too tired to stay up for it. I enjoy watching it, the wrestling is solid and you see some pretty unique stuff there. There's unfortunately not much story going on I feel like though.

That's where the issue lies. They haven't found the right balance yet. Well at least not to the level where it's gained a ton of attention.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
That's where the issue lies. They haven't found the right balance yet. Well at least not to the level where it's gained a ton of attention.

None of it feels important since the title is the only cruiserweight match on any PPV. They need to have a couple feuds go into PPVs and have a big pay off.

That being said, the story in most of the feuds suck anyway so at least we get some good wrestling with meh story instead of meh wrestling with meh story on Raw or SD right now. :laugh:

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
None of it feels important since the title is the only cruiserweight match on any PPV. They need to have a couple feuds go into PPVs and have a big pay off.

That being said, the story in most of the feuds suck anyway so at least we get some good wrestling with meh story instead of meh wrestling with meh story on Raw or SD right now. :laugh:
Or hell why not have a match featured on a Takeover?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Cruiserweights do run NXT house shows though, but the main-event level ones. Gallagher still shows up from time to time.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Making it a part of Raw as a weekly thing, that's what ruined it. It would be better as an event that happens every few months. I feel bad for the 205 guys. It just seemed better as an isolated tournament.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There has to be another angle coming in that match, there's no way anybody gives a damn about TJP and these crowds are already awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad