Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Thu, May 23 | @ Det | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Gausman vs Flaherty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
You're so full of it. You knew Kirk would hit this poorly because of the weight he has played his whole career with lol. Ok bud. Stop playing make belief. I already said we didn't do what was needed in the off season. But I could also see why you could be optimistic. I've said Atkins should be fired and Schneider should have been before last season and certainly after last season. There is nothing I need to "admit" to. So tell me will Bo be this bad next year or is it just this year?
I like Bo alot and he'll turn it around eventually. Kirky, despite a good game today, I don't think will ever be the hitter we thought he was in 2022. I'm glad you agree though that you think Atkins and Schneider should be fired. This team after 9 years with Atkins at the helm is in terrible shape. Who are the next generation of great players coming up from the minors? Orelvis, Barger, Horwitz, etc are not future all-stars.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
DeJong all the sudden turned into Lou Gehrig after he left the Blue Jays. Lol.

No, Dan. Don't remind me of the brief Paul DeJong Blue Jays era. That was terrible.
It’s becoming more and more clear he didn’t want to be here and was just going through the motions.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DeJong all the sudden turned into Lou Gehrig after he left the Blue Jays. Lol.

It’s becoming more and more clear he didn’t want to be here and was just going through the motions.

He was still crappy afterwards, just significantly less crappy than with the Jays.

He OPS'd .446 in his 18 games with the Giants after the Jays cut him loose. This season he's .710 with the White Sox. Acceptable but still kinda mid.

Reactions: mikeyz

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Man..Garcia has been lights out this year.

1 of the few positives thus far.

He was still crappy afterwards, just significantly less crappy than with the Jays.

He OPS'd .446 in his 18 games with the Giants after the Jays cut him loose. This season he's .710 with the White Sox. Acceptable but still kinda mid.
I was being facetious with my Lou Gehrig comment. Lol.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Swanson coming in?

giphy.gif

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I still want Atkins fired, and some of the coaching staff, but I do believe this team will be in the mix late in the season. They will get hot here and put themselves back in the race.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I still want Atkins fired, and some of the coaching staff, but I do believe this team will be in the mix late in the season. They will get hot here and put themselves back in the race.
Despite how disappointing the season has been so far, they're right there with the rest of the Wild Card contenders - 2.5 games out with 116 games left.

They've had a really tough schedule to start the year, and the next three weeks should be about as easy as it gets for them to gain some ground. They need to get their shit together and start hitting, but they're right in it.

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad