Post-Game Talk: 2024 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | FLA wins 4-1

Who wins?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
As frightening as this notion sounds, in addition to the other obvious key players having to perform at their best, I think Jeannot is going to have to be at least close to the player JBB thought he signed in order for us to have a chance to win this series.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
He gave up a ton of softies until about March. Most goals since then have been horrendous d-zone bonehead plays with little to no chance for Vasy or stupidly sliding too early on a 2-1 giving up tap ins. He has only let in a few softies since March.
We all hope that somehow Vasy can become vintage, pre-injury playoff Vasy, but trying to parse his season into something other than overall disappointing, even including his somewhat better, though far from lights out, play down the stretch is to be kidding ourselves. It's a toss up at best as to whether he will be able to get it done. That is just reality.

Reactions: DMB06

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
As frightening as this notion sounds, in addition to the other obvious key players having to perform at their best, I think Jeannot is going to have to be at least close to the player JBB thought he signed in order for us to have a chance to win this series.
That'd almost be better than winning the series. I do still have hope he'll at least be a valuable third liner.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Here's what we need from each player:

Kuch to be Kuch
Point to be playoff Point
Vasi to be Covid-era Vasi
Stammer to have his one-timer absolutely fine tuned
Hagel and Cirelli to never give an inch in the neutral zone and frustrate the hell out of the Panther's D on the forecheck
Paul to be a net front presence
Duke to be a constant breakaway threat to keep the Panther D anchored
Jeannot to be pissed, mean, scary and be a pest in front of the net; Watson to be his deputy if needed
Ace to draw penalties from the Tkachuk, Cousins, and Bennetts of the world; Chaffee too
Sheary to suddenly discover whatever the hell it was he had when he won two cups
Glendenning and Motte to be healthy and bring that vet presence, especially on the PK
Hedman to play with fire and authority
Cernak to stay healthy and be a rock in his own zone
Serge to make a surprise early comeback in mid-season form
Perbix to find his rookie form
Raddysh to keep taking his overall game up a notch
Lilleberg to launch a few massive hits
Dumba to fight, hit and get his heavy shot through
Fleury to be that guy you don't notice because he's just doing a steady job each shift
DeHaan to suddenly become a veteran calming presence
JJ to never be needed

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

How does Tampa deal with the forecheck?

Well, I can give you a couple scenarios.

1. Perbix turns the puck of with 0.5 ounces of pressure every time.
2. CDH gets put in a washing machine spin cycle and blows a tire.
3. Cernak gets concussed after a hit.
4. Hedman leaves Raddysh on multiple 2 on 1s.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
How does Tampa deal with the forecheck?

Well, I can give you a couple scenarios.

1. Perbix turns the puck of with 0.5 ounces of pressure every time.
2. CDH gets put in a washing machine spin cycle and blows a tire.
3. Cernak gets concussed after a hit.
4. Hedman leaves Raddysh on multiple 2 on 1s.

If I remember, you were doing poetry or whatever the f*ck when we last faced the Panthers in the playoffs, and that went well, so I hope you've got some new material to work with.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
The one surprise signing in which I thought he earned his spot is Glendening. He IMO is a great role player. Sheary needs to be sent into outer space.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021

Interesting analysis about the down low pressure and something to watch for. Hearing we were last in the NHL on giving up goals off turnovers - I guess Vasy did regress this year in that he was no longer able to cover the rest of the team's slop.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Here's what we need from each player:

Kuch to be Kuch
Point to be playoff Point
Vasi to be Covid-era Vasi
Stammer to have his one-timer absolutely fine tuned
Hagel and Cirelli to never give an inch in the neutral zone and frustrate the hell out of the Panther's D on the forecheck
Paul to be a net front presence
Duke to be a constant breakaway threat to keep the Panther D anchored
Jeannot to be pissed, mean, scary and be a pest in front of the net; Watson to be his deputy if needed
Ace to draw penalties from the Tkachuk, Cousins, and Bennetts of the world; Chaffee too
Sheary to suddenly discover whatever the hell it was he had when he won two cups
Glendenning and Motte to be healthy and bring that vet presence, especially on the PK
Hedman to play with fire and authority
Cernak to stay healthy and be a rock in his own zone
Serge to make a surprise early comeback in mid-season form
Perbix to find his rookie form
Raddysh to keep taking his overall game up a notch
Lilleberg to launch a few massive hits
Dumba to fight, hit and get his heavy shot through
Fleury to be that guy you don't notice because he's just doing a steady job each shift
DeHaan to suddenly become a veteran calming presence
JJ to never be needed
You forgot obne thing...
Dress Kuch and others leaders in to this suit, that will preventi Panthers to injure them xD

Attachments

• 5a54eae54c81bc5eba5a67a1a89c6083.jpg
    5a54eae54c81bc5eba5a67a1a89c6083.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad