Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
As of right now we currently have the following picks:

1706125768467.png

Knowing that we may trade 1 or more of these picks before the Trade Deadline, it's still fun to talk about prospects.

For arguments sake, lets say we end up somehow keeping our 1st and the MTL 2nd (just for discussion sake say we trade other picks and prospects at the TD).

Any thoughts on potential players currently ranked in most lists starting in the 20's that could be available when we most likely pick?

Reactions: hn777 and Cypruss

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Part of me wouldn't be opposed to packaging the picks to move up... any idea how many spots we might be able to improve?

Of course it goes without saying that we oughtta not do it to pick a giant defenseman with low offensive upside who is ranked in the 3rd round

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Watching the top prospects game last night and came away fairly impressed with Elick and less impressed with Parekh but its only one game. (had to edit it Mews was good last night it was Parekh that was poor)

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Happy to see a few quality D prospects look to be in range of the Jets' selection(s) -- if they do end up holding onto those picks.

I am usually a big proponent of looking at BPA, but the lack of quality D depth in the pipe for the Jets is concerning.

They need to begin to make an effort to really address it over the next few years.

Reactions: Buffdog

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Watching the top prospects game last night and came away fairly impressed with Elick and less impressed with Parekh but its only one game. (had to edit it Mews was good last night it was Parekh that was poor)
I know it's simplistic as they both played in Brandon, but I know you've watched a lot of Brandon games so you might have a good read. How would you compare a guy like Elick to someone like Schneider?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hard for me to get too excited about the 2024 draft until I know if we are going to have a 1st rounder or not? Seems like the type of season that might see our 1st round pick get traded.
Jets will likely own two picks in the 26-37 range (their own 1st and Habs 2nd). I doubt that the Jets will trade both of those picks, and since the prospect rankings really flatten out in that range I would be looking at prospects in that range, anticipating that the Jets will likely have a pick then.

Reactions: ps241

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Seems like the Jets will have one or two picks in the 27-37 range this year. A few intriguing RHD in that range....

Mews
Emery
Elick
Colton Roberts is rising in the rankings into that group. HockeyProspect.com just put him at 24.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Colton Roberts is rising in the rankings into that group. HockeyProspect.com just put him at 24.
Yes, he's another intriguing prospect. I still think the Jets should draft BPA, because a pick in that range is at least 3-5 years away from an NHL role, but if there are good RHD that is always a valuable asset to have in a prospect pool. A RH Samberg would be nice...

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad