2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I don’t think he has sources on who they like for a draft in two months. Has nothing to do with my own opinion.

Our head scout called Fantilli generational. People started randomly thinking it meant we might take him 1. I don’t buy they have inside info on who they’ll pick

Right, and I don’t believe that for a second. If it were Catton I have almost zero doubt you wouldn’t question his sources.

I don’t think him hearing they like Dickinson means anything more than that. Doesn’t mean they would necessarily take him at 2, 3 or even 4. Just that he’s a prospect they seem to like.

And frankly, based on what KD has told us that shouldn’t be too surprising.

I’m not picking on you specifically, I just find it funny how dismissive people get when the information isn’t what they want to hear.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I would rather trade down then take any of the LD top 5. are you going to pencil him in as a 3rd pair and trade del mastro, kasier and phiillps? and have nolan as a #7.

You’re way over thinking this.

None of those guys you mentioned are worth worrying about taking another LHD.

If the best guy on the board is a LHD you take him and figure out the rest later.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Right, and I don’t believe that for a second. If it were Catton I have almost zero doubt you wouldn’t question his sources.

I don’t think him hearing they like Dickinson means anything more than that. Doesn’t mean they would necessarily take him at 2, 3 or even 4. Just that he’s a prospect they seem to like.

And frankly, based on what KD has told us that shouldn’t be too surprising.

I’m not picking on you specifically, I just find it funny how dismissive people get when the information isn’t what they want to hear.
Okay. Don’t believe it lol. I would believe it if Scott Powers said it. Regardless of the player it was.

I can even believe they like Dickinson. He’s big and can really skate. That fits. I just don’t think Mario has sources like that.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The only LD I would take in this draft for the Hawks is Buium because he brings something different to the table. Levshunov and Parekh are good as well. If we pick a defenseman with our top pick this year, we are set for a long time at defense

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd love to get Dickenson, I think he's going to be great. I feel like he is better overall than Evan Bouchard was in his draft year. But I would hope there is a better player available where we pick, but if we drop to 5, no problem taking Dickenson.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
You’re way over thinking this.

None of those guys you mentioned are worth worrying about taking another LHD.

If the best guy on the board is a LHD you take him and figure out the rest later.
I'd love to get Dickenson, I think he's going to be great. I feel like he is better overall than Evan Bouchard was in his draft year. But I would hope there is a better player available where we pick, but if we drop to 5, no problem taking Dickenson.
we cant drop past #4. Del mastro porjects as a min of bottom pairing LD with size. was a 1st year AHL all star

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It's not possible for us to drop to #5 no?
Also is it not a common practice amongst GM's at this time of year to let leak possible pick interests to throw off any other GM's thinking of whom the Hawks are interested in? Especially until the lottery is held and also to keep their hand hidden in case there is an option to trade down for the maximum benefit?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Michael Hage getting snubbed is ridiculous. Probably because he went the USHL/NCAA route and isn't Fantilli/Celebrini level of committing self-sabotage to not ask. He also went 9th in the OHL Draft, so perhaps his non-OHL commit caught them by surprise.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
One thing to note about this draft. This will be the first draft where management won't be at the draft. I have a sneaking suspicion this opens the doorway to even more trades on draft day because there is more privacy for Gm's to strategize. Similar to the NFL draft

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
One thing to note about this draft. This will be the first draft where management won't be at the draft. I have a sneaking suspicion this opens the doorway to even more trades on draft day because there is more privacy for Gm's to strategize. Similar to the NFL draft

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Picks
Name
Position
Country
Height
1st Round, Pick 1​
Macklin CelebriniCCanada5'11"
1st Round, Pick 20 (from Tampa Bay)Beckett SenneckeRWCanada6'2"
2nd Round, Pick 33Yegor SurinCRussia6'1"
2nd Round, Pick 53 (from Los Angeles)Harrison BrunickeRHDCanada6'2"
2nd Round, Pick 61 (from Vancouver)Kamil BednarikCUSA6'0"
3rd Round, Pick 66Carson WetschRWCanada6'0"
3rd Round, Pick 71 (from Ottawa)Adam KleberRHDUSA6'5"
5th Round, Pick 150 (from Nashville)Justin PoirierRWCanada5'8"
6th Round, Pick 162Oskar VuolletCSweden5'11"

I think the Hawks would do pretty well in this mock I made

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hage is a really talented player but he reminds me of Schmaltz a bit from the USHL. Soft skill for his size.
Schmaltz plays a lot of wing, whereas I'm very certain that Hage will stick at center. That's going to get him drafted high.

Reactions: Castle8130

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Schmaltz at 20 was a good value pick. Definitely wouldn't be upset if Hage turned out like that at the same draft spot.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Huge Hage guy all year. 6'1", thick build, good top speed, good production, and plays center very well. Never understood why people had Boisvert over him

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
I agree

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom...I don't know if you can pass on a 6'3" center with his skill set
If Lindstrom is available, assuming they don’t win the lottery, I don’t see how they don’t pick him. He’s got one attribute you can’t teach and every team covets. 6’4” since Demidov’s injury doesn’t matter neither does Lindstrom’s. Both came back during the season. Sure, Lindstrom was out longer but teams are more cautious with back injuries. Since Musto seems to know tons of prospects I’d like to ask him a question. I know it’s incredibly early but are there any guys similar to Lindstrom size and skill wise who are expected to go early in the 2025 draft?

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
If Lindstrom is available, assuming they don’t win the lottery, I don’t see how they don’t pick him. He’s got one attribute you can’t teach and every team covets. 6’4” since Demidov’s injury doesn’t matter neither does Lindstrom’s. Both came back during the season. Sure, Lindstrom was out longer but teams are more cautious with back injuries. Since Musto seems to know tons of prospects I’d like to ask him a question. I know it’s incredibly early but are there any guys similar to Lindstrom size and skill wise who are expected to go early in the 2025 draft?
I can’t speak for skill set, but Scott Wheeler has two 6’3”+ prospects in his top 28 2025 list. There are a few 6’2” guys in there as well. All have a chance to continue growing

6. Porter Martone, RW, 6’3”
7. Roger McQueen, C, 6’5”

Last edited:

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I've gotten Iginla twice in draft sims with the TB pick.

Never gonna happen in real life, but we can dream.

I mean, there wasn't supposed to be any chance Moore dropped to us last year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad