2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Again if we land #1= Celebrini (C)

#2 Lindstrom (C) or Demidov RW

#3 onevofvtge above who remains on the board..

#4 if all 3 of the above gone off the board then switch target to a RD

Parekh or Levshunov..I prefer Parekh but KD probably goes Levshunov in this scenario.. But his first 3 target rankings should be the 3 forwards (2 are Centers..one is a RW).

For thecTB pick;

A If we took a C with the earlier first then the TB pick we own should (assuming it is 1m#19 or#20) not be used on another Center.

So Beckett Sennecke if still on the board woukd be a good RW compliment to the top Center we gotcearkuer.

Secobd choice in this scenario would be ifvSennickecoff the board..

Next RW compliment to the Center we took earlier woukd be Terik Parascak..

If neither of these RWs are there at this pick we LW Andrew Basha could be the target if on the boardvorvthey Gould go Dman....Alfons Freij is a left shot dman but has alk season at p RD for his Jr .team in Sweden and isxa verybibtriguing dman prospect.

But IF ,however ..we took Demidov (RW ) or took a RD with our early first rounder, then this TB pick at #19 or #20 screams to be Michael Hage (C) if he still is uon the board..IF not I would probably go for Alfons Freij (LS-RD) ..

I do not think we take 2 of the same position with our 2 1st rounders.

This is how I would plan out this first round draft opprtunity...

There also is a of style and size:

I almost kinda think we should not land Celebrini

Opitmal hauls would then possibly be:

Lindstrom and Sennicke =gives us size up front we lack.

Denidov and Hage...the magician and his 2 way top skatong alk roubd good v C who is pretty decen size ze...

If circumstance did not land is one of the top 3 forwards ,then Levshunov or Parekh + Hage OR +Sennecke at least fills some positin needs for our future contending team.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hawks threw a good bit of paint against the wall last year in terms of later picks as far as drafting big forwards and hoping something comes out of it. Misiak, Felcman, Pharand, Marcel, Oscarsson all kind of fit this bill. Don't get me wrong, the smaller skilled forwards are certainly more fun to follow as prospects, but the Hawks are going to need some big forwards to make it through on a long-term basis. I wouldn't say any of that crop last year took a big and exciting step forward, but I get the idea and energy there. I suspect they'll target some more of those this draft as well.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Comps from Pronman's latest rankings.

Tier 1

Celebrini = Crosby

Tier 2

Levshunov = Dobson

Yakemchuk = Pietrangelo

Tier 3

Buium = Morgan Rielly

Silayev = Chara

Berkly Catton = Cooley

Tier 4

Parekh = Klingberg

Demidov = Jeff Skinner

Dickinson = Hanifin

Helenius = Robert Thomas

Tier 5

Lindstrom = Kreider

Sennecke = Marchenko

Jiricek = Gavrikov

Eiserman = Tippett

Iginla = JJ Peterka

Tier 6

Chernyshov = Mikheyev

Greentree = Batherson

Brandsegg-Nygard = Tyler Bertuzzi

Surin = Barbashev

Tier 7

Hage = Rakell

Connelly = Anthony Duclair

Beaudoin = Copp

Elick = Gudbranson

Eriksson = Fabbri

Boisvert = Josh Norris

Miettinen = Luostarinen

Badinka = Justin Holl

Artamonov = Nick Schmaltz

Kiviharju = Scott Perunovich

Wallenuis = Erik Brannstrom

Kleber = Ryan Graves

Parascak = Fabian Zetterlund

Jecho = Toropchenko

Ritchie = Sprong

Vanacker = Martinook

Luchanko = Cogliano

Howe = Blake Lizotte

Shuravin = Forbort

Gridin = Yegor Chinakhov

Gidlof = Adin Hill

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Take Pronman with a grain of salt

Yakemchuk =Pietrangelo...maybe forcthe point shot ..but no way is Yak as physical as Pietrangeko (we are talking in his peak alk-star years anchoring the STL blueline and eating big minutes.. Soirvy do not see the comp except for the poibtvshot from long range.. And no way does Yakemchuk block and suppress shots lije tge force Pietrangelo was at his brst years..

Maybe he thinks YAK CAN become a Pietrangelo but as of now he is more Korchinsku but with a mich better shot .

Celebrini =Crosby?

Cone on...everyone says i isn't "Generational" so this is a non-starter..

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If Bedard = Crosby and Celebrini = Crosby, and the Hawks draft Bedard + Celebrini, how many cups do we end up with?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Tier 1

Celebrini = Crosby

Tier 2

Levshunov = Dobson

Yakemchuk = Pietrangelo

Tier 3

Buium = Morgan Rielly

Silayev = Chara

Berkly Catton = Cooley

Tier 4

Parekh = Klingberg

Demidov = Jeff Skinner

Dickinson = Hanifin

Helenius = Robert Thomas

Tier 5

Lindstrom = Kreider

Sennecke = Marchenko

Jiricek = Gavrikov

Eiserman = Tippett

Iginla = JJ Peterka

Tier 6

Chernyshov = Mikheyev

Greentree = Batherson

Surin = Barbashev

Tier 7

Hage = Rakell

Beaudoin = Copp

Elick = Gudbranson

Eriksson = Fabbri

Boisvert = Josh Norris

Miettinen = Luostarinen

Badinka = Justin Holl

Kleber = Ryan Graves

Jecho = Toropchenko

Ritchie = Sprong

Vanacker = Martinook

Luchanko = Cogliano

Howe = Blake Lizotte

Shuravin = Forbort

Gridin = Yegor Chinakhov

Gidlof = Adin Hill
Chara is in tier 3?

Reactions: TLEH

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Style comp or not, the guys getting compared to like John Klingberg and Jeff Skinner when others get compared to all time legends have to feel slighted lol

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The only one I might agree with by Pronman is Helenius and Robert Thomas.. but hecis just too way off even on style comps for too may of his pairing comps.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On tgevotgervhabd if Lindstrom is only Kreider that is pretty good..now ..the Kreider in his early 30s ..took him awhile to go fron 40s /50 points to 70-75 points ..with sone great goal scoribg seasons lately thrown in and a really Good +/- career..but I think Lindstrom can get to 70+points and 35-40 goals a lot quicker than late 20s /early 30s .plus I think heis going to be even more physical than Kreider with a nasty edge..so I think his comp may be more Eric Lindros...quintessential power center ...intimidate physical and top end power..

But if he is only Kreider that ain't so bad ..he got better with age!

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Leafs doing us no favors...LETTING TB stimp all over them ..so looks like TB will jump to 98 points to end their season..jumps over L.A. by 1 pint ..but L.A. plays their fibal game against the Hawks tomorrow night. Essential Hawks lose in regulation..a Hawks WIN IN OT gives L.A. 98 poi ts but they have less ROW than TB si TB wiukd bexabive them in the final standings ...If Vegas gets a win or an OT or shoot-out loss they stay ahead if TB..but a regulation loss and they remain at 98 points and are behind TB on ROW..

Hawks cannot control what Vegas does but we can Tank the fibal game to keep L.A. ahead of TB ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Neither Cayden Lindstrom or Berkly Catton are on Canada's u18 team for the World u18s ..they both were invited after their teams were eliminated in round oneof the WHL playoffs but both declined...probably because not 100% healthy ..but perhaps not wanting to risk injury given how high they are expected to be taken at tgecdraft.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
The pronman rankings are always bonkers.

His evaluation of skating is always off to me.

I haven’t watched any of Sennecke, but he sounds like a KD guy. Solid skating, size and skill.

Reactions: Castle8130

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Pronman gave Demidov below average skating but Boisvert average skating.

I’ve seen Boisvert live a handful of times, calling his skating average is being kind.

Demidov isn’t a pretty skater but I definitely wouldn’t call it below average.

If his skating is really that bad then we can probably cross him off the list.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
On tgevotgervhabd if Lindstrom is only Kreider that is pretty good..now ..the Kreider in his early 30s ..took him awhile to go fron 40s /50 points to 70-75 points ..with sone great goal scoribg seasons lately thrown in and a really Good +/- career..but I think Lindstrom can get to 70+points and 35-40 goals a lot quicker than late 20s /early 30s .plus I think heis going to be even more physical than Kreider with a nasty edge..so I think his comp may be more Eric Lindros...quintessential power center ...intimidate physical and top end power..

But if he is only Kreider that ain't so bad ..he got better with age!
I acknowledge that I haven’t seen much of Lindstrom, but I’d be very reluctant to take a power forward top-4 who is already experiencing back problems.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
so we are either 19, 20 or 21 correct (assuming TB doe not make ECF) the kings and and vegas are still playing . they would either get dallas or Edmonton. both games are 9pm and 9:30. I know its not a big difference but you would think they would like to 3rd place in there DIV and not last wild card. they play ducks and hawks both at home.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

Tier 1

Celebrini = Crosby

Tier 2

Levshunov = Dobson

Yakemchuk = Pietrangelo

Tier 3

Buium = Morgan Rielly

Silayev = Chara

Berkly Catton = Cooley

Tier 4

Parekh = Klingberg

Demidov = Jeff Skinner

Dickinson = Hanifin

Helenius = Robert Thomas

Tier 5

Lindstrom = Kreider

Sennecke = Marchenko

Jiricek = Gavrikov

Eiserman = Tippett

Iginla = JJ Peterka

Tier 6

Chernyshov = Mikheyev

Greentree = Batherson

Surin = Barbashev

Tier 7

Hage = Rakell

Beaudoin = Copp

Elick = Gudbranson

Eriksson = Fabbri

Boisvert = Josh Norris

Miettinen = Luostarinen

Badinka = Justin Holl

Kleber = Ryan Graves

Jecho = Toropchenko

Ritchie = Sprong

Vanacker = Martinook

Luchanko = Cogliano

Howe = Blake Lizotte

Shuravin = Forbort

Gridin = Yegor Chinakhov

Gidlof = Adin Hill
I'm impressed with the comps. The first 4 tiers are nearly spot on. I'd argue against the Catton one, but they are fairly solid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad